General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

T total people...........

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 09:40 AM
saff_cossie
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went up to 20 without really drinking. I had access to alcohol since I was about 14 in moderation from my parents to take the illusivness of it away. It actually put me off beer so I turned to brewing my own cider which could have stripped walls. Most of that went down the drain too.

Even most of uni I wasn drinking as I was a keen cyclist. However I did eventually enter the slippery slope of alcohol. Enjoy my Coronas and a big wine drinker. Also these tequilla beers are quite nice.

Was always designated driver right through most of uni too. Doesnt bother me now if I dont drink for a week or 2.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:35 PM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car

I like the odd glass of wine now and again, but lately more than two makes me feel shite the next day - last Sunday I was happy to have a coke at the pub felt so much better - I think need a break from it now and again

Z
Old 09-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

I like a good drink when i go out on the town.

But i'm not really one for sitting in house every night and sink a few drinks, only ever drink on a weekend. Even when i go to a meet during the week i will be on soft drinks !
Old 09-10-2006, 03:20 PM
NEIL A
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

With working offshore dont/cant drink for 3 weeks but then when i'm home i'm out on the piss thurs, fri ,sat for 3 weeks with my mates. Would say after 3 weeks off it you do feel a bit better for it , but couldnt go out and not drink when at home.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:30 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
I am T total

Never have drunk alcohol , not even new years eve

Seriously ,, people never seem to believe you when you tell them you dont drink ,

The reason ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I just hate the taste of alcohol

spend my money on cars
My long lost brother .

Same as Paul, but I never acquired the taste for beer due to living out in the sticks and passing my bike test before my car test, so we would all go out in a crowd, and because we were all riding, none of us drank. I therefore never acquired the taste for alcohol and if I sip anyone elses drink, it draws my arse up to my elbow and makes me shudder .

I also find it funny when people like Charlie tell me that the first few pints ALWAYS taste like shit, and it isn't until the 3rd or 4th that the taste grows on you - and I'm like "WTF, how can you drink something you don't even like the taste of?" - it's like forcing yourself to eat something you don't like - you just wouldn't (unless you were starving ).

I have a sweet tooth, so can't stomach most alcohol drinks, as they are invariably bitter tasting.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:54 PM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[quote="Mike Rainbird"]
Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES

I also find it funny when people like Charlie tell me that the first few pints ALWAYS taste like shit, and it isn't until the 3rd or 4th that the taste grows on you - and I'm like "WTF, how can you drink something you don't even like the taste of?" - it's like forcing yourself to eat something you don't like - you just wouldn't (unless you were starving ).

I have a sweet tooth, so can't stomach most alcohol drinks, as they are invariably bitter tasting.

i am of the same opinion!
i dont drink cos it tastes horrid IMO!
Old 09-10-2006, 04:10 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird

i think thats why i started drinking vodka when i was younger,, and now i drink a little too much of it when i go out
Old 09-10-2006, 04:19 PM
Clare
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird

Not all alcohol is, there is only a few alcoholic drinks I will drink due to having a sweet tooth and not really liking the taste of beer.

Smirnoff Ice is sweet and refreshing, but cant have too many or you get a monster hangover.

Alternatively my favourite drink is malibu, thing is Mike, if you started drinking that people might question your sexuality..................... oh shit they already do, you'll be fine then
Old 09-10-2006, 04:29 PM
pauldowts
PassionFord Regular

I havnt had a single drink (alcoholic) for over 4 years,

the reason, spend the money on cars (cossies etc) cant afford both,

if i didnt stop i wouldnt of had a saff cos at 19,

Old 09-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Katie

Christ..it's passionsober.com

I don't tend to drink much/often at all..used to drink quite a bit..as saff cossie said above..my parents didn't object to me drinking very young..so I didn't really feel the need to drink 6 gallons of turps on my 18th..

Same reason I don't smoke, I never needed to do it to rebel. However, my parents were convinced I smoked for about a year and kept offering to buy me cigarettes in the hope I wasn't buying anything dodgy at school (this is at 13 suppose it worked didn't it..bit of a parental masterplan there, never had a cigarette in my life)..
if I have anything it's like vodka & orange anyway so it's easier to just have the orange..

The longer you go without it, the more you're used to not having it and the more sick/embarassing you will get anyway..
Old 09-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
[
And i REALLY dont understand why people, rod etc, are 'proud' of not having a beer and people that say beer is a waste of money. So are cars i bet ive had more pleasure out of beer than any car ive owned... Oooo lets go for a drive, mind you better not it looks like rain
I dont ask you to understand buddie, its your liver & your body, I will spend my beer & fag money on fast cars as ive always done. Had a Sports car as an apprentice purely on the money I saved on saying 'no' to beer & fags. I aint de-crying or stopping you guys but it was a lot more rewarding owning a really fast car at 19 than pissing my money up the wall, it takes alsorts so just except we are different.
Rod
Old 09-10-2006, 05:31 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by pauldowts

I applaud you matey- much the same as myself- lets hope you go on to own the Fastest one
Old 09-10-2006, 05:37 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Katie
The longer you go without it, the more you're used to not having it and the more sick/embarassing you will get anyway..
i would love to see you drunk
Old 09-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Anonymous
Banned

...God's sake

...Mike you used to go out with mates and none of you drank whilst riding the mopeds? ...I got so pissed once and tried to ride home ...didnt get far i crashed in a ditch...and before all you do gooders have a pop..i was fucking 16 on a moped that would do about 25mph MAX (sounded like a moto GP bike )....

As my Dad always said..Son you dont ever want to crash sober ROFL

Thing is in his day they ALL drank drove..it was the done thing...dont do it now of course as the punishment is too severe..so atleast that works for most..If you go to a country pub though they all drink driving
Old 09-10-2006, 07:05 PM
pauldowts
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by MADRod
Originally Posted by pauldowts

I applaud you matey- much the same as myself- lets hope you go on to own the Fastest one

thanks mate.
ive sold the saff now, looking for a 3dr