General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone having trouble with the Google Toolbar?

Search this Thread

Old 26-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Anyone having trouble with the Google Toolbar?

I have just had to uninstall mine as it's really pissing me off!!!!

I upgraded to IE7 a week or so ago, and since then, my Google toolbar has begun "updating" itself without me asking

Problem is, it fucks up my IE layout. I have my "links" buttons spread along the second line of the toolbar, under the address bar, with the Google toolbar below it. Everytime the Google toolbar updates itself, it moves all my links to a new line, making the layout of the header of the IE window bigger - and whilst I can move them back to where they should go, soon as I open a new IE window, it all reverts back to how Google wants it to be

How can I stop it updating itself? It's not as if I even want the new features - in fact it's worse for me as I prefer the use of the old one

I don't really wanna lose it as the pop up blocker is good, and the included google toolbar in IE7 is rubbish (no button for images, no setting to make it search from google.co.uk - default is google.com, and don't even have an option on the newly opened search results window to search again from UK sites only )

PISSING ME OFF
Old 26-09-2006, 08:38 PM
richm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IE7 is an "upgrade" ??....