General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Oh dear dog problems...

Search this Thread

Old 25-09-2006, 06:05 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oh dear dog problems...

...since that toddler was killed by those Rotties we are getting nasty comments as we walk ours ...papers are saying ban em and calling them Devil dogs

I do feel though that it would be a good idea for a dog license to own certain breeds just to stop the wrong people owning them...the bredders dont care they just want your money

...and by the way a PROPER German Rottweiler should weigh no more than about 70kilos at peak weight and height...so many IDIOTS are claiming 13 stone dogs thats like obease fat and BAD for them extremely.

This dog was 48kg MAX weight

Awesome dog and i was fully aware of the dangers to small children...he was never brought up with them..none of my dogs are...so we are very careful....I am a Rottie fanatic...only dog breed i had and had 8 now and bred many AND vetted the buyers as much as you can!

The trouble with the situation here was the stupid idit of an owner (who i now beleive has been stabbed and the wife killed ) is that they where trained guard dogs...FFS you NEVER train a Rottie to guard FATAL...you train an Alsation to guard NEVER a Rottie...Its instinct for one and you never tamper with that...Police gave up using em due to not being able to stop them attacking...well then just bring them up normally then and use em
Old 25-09-2006, 06:10 PM
YoungMatt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mate, this has been going on for YEARS with pitbulls. Wankers don't get that it's how they are brought up. Although it's a shame what happened to this child, I want to know where were the parents at the time?
Old 25-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Default Re: Oh dear dog problems...

Love Rott's

Had 2 when I was younger, Like about 6 years old, NEVER once had a problem

was looked after to well, Shame we still dont have them

Originally Posted by Bosch-Man
The trouble with the situation here was the stupid idiot of an owner (who i now beleive has been stabbed and the wife killed )

How do you know that! And why did she kill him
Old 25-09-2006, 06:12 PM
Taz
Visitor from the Darkside

It is all to do with the way they are brought up. Although no dog should be trusted 100% as they can do things without even knowing.

What happened the other day was a very sad thing and no family or DOG OWNER should ever have to go through it.

Graham
Old 25-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Pennywise its been confirmed mate...the grandad who was the dogs owner has been stabbed and the other half killed
Old 25-09-2006, 06:21 PM
tregmatt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

we feel so sorry and so sad for the parents of the baby, dont know what their rotties were like, we ve two rotties, they are great out and about, with adults and kids, and great with us and our kids, and great in the house but if anyone shows to be a threat, they will protect. to the last, i sopose that what people get afraid of, i think its how you bring them up and how you treat them, i personal think they are natural guard dogs any way, its in their breeding
Old 25-09-2006, 06:27 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

so sorry to hear this mate! as much as i feel sorry for the loss of a baby,what the hell were the parents thinking leaving the kid alone with 2 GUARD dogs?! these obviously aint your normally friendly rotties.and what were they donig looking after a pub with a 5mth old baby! im so they put the dogs down due to the parents lack of attention and care.
i so couldnt put up with the abuse you are gettin.i'd be knocking people out left,right and centre!

try to ignore the narrow mindedness as best you can pal.
at least yours are brought up right and thats something you can be proud of.

Trending Topics

Old 25-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Pennywise its been confirmed mate...the grandad who was the dogs owner has been stabbed and the other half killed
makes you wonder what goes on with that family dont it?!
Old 25-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Mark 3D

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No Way!!!
Old 25-09-2006, 06:39 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

tis true.. heard it on radio 1
Old 25-09-2006, 06:42 PM
Mark 3D

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes I have just found this out on google!!

Theyre saying the two incidents are unrelated though.

My first thought was that it was a revenge attack for what their dogs had done.
Old 25-09-2006, 07:41 PM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont know a lot about this, but im sure the news was on about
the owner being away? so the people that were there
was just 'looking after' the dogs so probably not used to being around
babys anyway??

Does seem like they should of been more aware of the dogs
if this was the case
Old 25-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Originally Posted by NIL 7717
makes you wonder what goes on with that family dont it?!
It does...
Old 25-09-2006, 07:49 PM
diesel2000

I hate small minded, ignorant people who tar all dogs with the same brush!! Just because its a Rotty doesnt mean its gonna savage someones kids!! FFS ive got a Boxer Dog, probably one of the most freindly dogs in the world, but people still assume its a monster because he is a big fucker. I used to just tell them to fuck off to be honest!!
Old 25-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

round here the local chavs use there staffs for pit fights, happens a most weekends too,,,,, its a fucking shame but the stafs are now used as prize fighting dogs for money and then the owner poses with there mutt

when i got my tattoo done there was fucking tattoos with staf's/pits, having seen the pit fighting take place then it clicked why people are getting th tattoos done

im a big animal lover and i loved my poor white gsd,,,, even though he killed a few inocent animals he was always fine with my little one and was very laied back around her

when we buy our house were gonna get some form of dog that protects, we are more likley to get another white GSD but i may also get a rotty,,,,, the only issue i got with them is that they seem to smell at times ( no offence to the dogs just going by the ones ive seen )
Old 25-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by b19bal

when we buy our house were gonna get some form of dog that protects, we are more likley to get another white GSD but i may also get a rotty,,,,, the only issue i got with them is that they seem to smell at times ( no offence to the dogs just going by the ones ive seen )

so do kids!
Old 25-09-2006, 08:22 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

yeah but i aint got a choice with that
Old 25-09-2006, 08:26 PM
_DAN_
Yoon

Yeah I thought of BoschMan and what he has said about Rotties when I saw on the paper this morning.

Sad news really.

I like most dogs really jus a shame that Rotties and Staffs(two of my favourite dogs) get some much bad press.
Old 25-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by b19bal
yeah but i aint got a choice with that
well there you go,thats your answer.get the rottie and blame the smell on the kids.
Old 25-09-2006, 08:49 PM
DAN P
PassionFord Post Troll

as said on this post why did they leave a 5 month year old with two guard dogs to be honest i would leave my staff with any kids as he has been bought up around kids but not to gaurd dogs
Old 25-09-2006, 08:50 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

true its all to do with how the dogs are brought up, just hope them 2 dogs are destroyed asap though obv not nice dogs like some can be
Old 25-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by DAN P
as said on this post why did they leave a 5 month year old with two guard dogs to be honest i would leave my staff with any kids as he has been bought up around kids but not to gaurd dogs
thats my point mate.irresponsible parents are the problem in my opinion.
what a waste of 2 good dogs.this sort of shit really annoys me.
Old 25-09-2006, 08:53 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by danneth
true its all to do with how the dogs are brought up, just hope them 2 dogs are destroyed asap though obv not nice dogs like some can be
they were doing what they were trained for mate.and they have been put down
Old 25-09-2006, 08:59 PM
DAN P
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by danneth
they were doing what they were trained for mate.and they have been put down

yep same here m8 the bloke who lives next door said on r1 it was only a matter of time as they kept them up barking and stuff there fooking dogs the sad cunt
Old 25-09-2006, 09:00 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Fucking tragic, and definately not a fair representation of all rotties.

Phil is spot on about a "big dog license" at the end of the day they are potentially a deadly weapon if people wish to train and use them as such, so they should be licensed like any other deadly weapon.
Old 25-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by chip-3door
Fucking tragic, and definately not a fair representation of all rotties.

Phil is spot on about a "big dog license" at the end of the day they are potentially a deadly weapon if people wish to train and use them as such, so they should be licensed like any other deadly weapon.
not a bad point mate but would be very hard to police as people would train em like like themselves and people wouldnt even know.
Old 25-09-2006, 09:17 PM
YoungMatt

If we're not careful, Rotties, staffs, english bull terriers etc will all get banned just like pit bulls all because of irresponsible owners. They expect us to all walk around with fucking poodles
Old 25-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by YoungMatt
If we're not careful, Rotties, staffs, english bull terriers etc will all get banned just like pit bulls all because of irresponsible owners. They expect us to all walk around with fucking poodles
stupid thing is there are more attacks by dogs like them ans russels and them shitzu dogs than large dogs but because they are small and cant really kill people they get ignored!
Old 25-09-2006, 09:23 PM
Black Kat
RSOC Cornwall Group

I know more about Cats than Dogs but I can see that it's all to do with how the dogs are brought up and treated by thier owners.
Feel a bit sorry for the dogs as they must have had a pretty bad life up to now and they've now been punished when it was really their owners fault letting them get to that state of aggression.
Sad to hear about the pit fighting. I hope the RSPCA know about it.
Old 25-09-2006, 09:28 PM
COMEDY DAN
No1 Blower.

Originally Posted by YoungMatt
Mate, this has been going on for YEARS with pitbulls. Wankers don't get that it's how they are brought up. Although it's a shame what happened to this child, I want to know where were the parents at the time?
its always the "dogs" fault...lol.... lets put the dog down...Where were the parents and where were the owners of the dog.

A dog is a wolf and has instincts no matter whether it a sausage dog or a doberman.

Was the kid pulling their ears and tail?

who knows..........
Old 25-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Anonymous
Banned

The grandfather of a baby mauled to death by Rottweilers has been stabbed and his partner killed in a separate attack hours later, a family member says.

John Brightwell, 50, and Debra Larn, 47, were attacked at their home in Beaumont Leys, Leicester, early on Sunday, said his niece, 17-year-old Natalie Brightwell.

Mr Brightwell's five-month-old granddaughter, Cadey-Lee Deacon, was savaged by guard dogs at The Rocket pub in the New Parks area of the city at around 4pm on Saturday. The girl suffered horrific injuries and was taken to hospital, but died a short time later.

Two people were arrested following the stabbings, which were linked to Cadey-Lee's death, Sky News reported.

Police said a 26-year-old man charged with the attack would appear before magistrates accused of murder and assault.

The stabbings follow the attack on baby Cadey-Lee

The dog attack happened in the living quarters of The Rocket pub in Stephenson Drive. The dogs, which were trained to act as guard dogs, were later put down.

It is thought the little girl's mother and her boyfriend were looking after the pub - and the animals - when the attack happened.

Neighbours named the landlords as Wayne and Lesley Glaze, and said they left the pub with Mrs Glaze's son, Lee Burchell, and his girlfriend Amy while they went on holiday.

Reports said the dogs, Bess and Bruno, were owned by Mr and Mrs Glaze.

The attack was reportedly witnessed by horrified passers-by, who alerted the emergency services.

In a statement issued through Leicestershire Constabulary, Ms Deacon Mr Burchell, said: "Words cannot express our devastation at what has happened. We just cannot believe that Cadey-Lee is gone.

"She was such a beautiful little girl. We loved her so much and we just can't accept that something like this could have happened. How do you come to terms with such a tragedy?''

Cadey-Lee's father, Ryan Brightwell, was not available for comment but his 17-year-old cousin, Natalie Brightwell, said: "Two tragedies in a few days - it's left us distraught.''
Old 25-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Adrenaline Junkie
PassionFord Regular

This is Duke, one of my friends dogs, he's awesome!

Such a brilliant dog, really well natured, and in great shape.

Old 26-09-2006, 06:49 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

chip-3door

they have since said the dogs had managed to get into the sleeping quarters,and attacked the girl the. hmmm sounds all very strange to me,how did passers by see this? the whole lot stinks to me! the stabbings as well.
Old 26-09-2006, 06:50 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie
This is Duke, one of my friends dogs, he's awesome!

Such a brilliant dog, really well natured, and in great shape.

now thats a good looking dog,nice and healthy looking and alert.
Old 26-09-2006, 07:03 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

chip-3door

they have since said the dogs had managed to get into the sleeping quarters,and attacked the girl the. hmmm sounds all very strange to me,how did passers by see this? the whole lot stinks to me! the stabbings as well.
Something doesn't sound right with all these conflicting reports from the media

BBC News now say this morning...

Chief Superintendent Steve Pitts, of Leicestershire Constabulary, said the couple had been moving furniture out of the pub when the attack happened.

"It appears that a fire escape door was mistakenly left open and allowed the family's dogs, Bruno and Bess, access to the living quarters," he said.

He said the dogs made their way to the bedroom in which Cadey-Lee was sleeping.

Moving furniture out of a pub they don't own????

I agree that 'big' dogs should have a licence, I have a German Shepherd, soft as shit with people,kids,babies and other dogs. But to hear her when anyone comes down the drive, she sounds the most ferocious thing going. Although I would trust her 100% not to harm anything, I wouldn't dream of leaving her alone with kids or a baby.
Old 26-09-2006, 07:05 AM
Phil
Jeebus

chip-3door

I think the dogs lived in the living quarters as they belonged to the landlords who lived at the pub. The baby was in the living quarters as it's mother was looking after the pub whilst the landlords were on holiday.
Old 26-09-2006, 07:14 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

as said i think this is a very strange situation.so many conflicting stories.
the people lookin after it are apparently relatives?in that case they sholud know what the dogs are like.and as said why would you be moving furniture out of a place you dont own? plus i dont know any responsible parent who leaves a 5 month old unattended.5 months is still a tiny baby that needs keeping an eye on 24-7 really.
theres some funny goings on here definately i think. maybe im just very cinical?
Old 26-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Phil,
I wonder what you would have said if someone had been injured doing a top speed run at Brunters? I bet it would have been along the lines of "Should top speed runs be banned?" . Just my thought for the day .

I have a friend who has one of these dogs, and it is the soppiest thing about. However, it doesn't know it's own strength and almost knocks you down when it jumps up trying to lick you . Despite this, and because he has never been around really young children, they won't leave him in a situation where his curiousity could get the better of him, and he isn't allowed to go too near small children (despite wanting to just lick them ) - as you can see they are responsible owners... .
Old 26-09-2006, 11:38 AM
sabres74

The trouble is that 99% of people have no idea what a guard dog is or how to train one. Those 2 dogs were never trained guard dogs but just dogs that had never been trained at all and allowed to run wild and revert to basic instincts.

The law states that guard dogs are not allowed to run loose without a handler present just for that reason. A trained guard dog will attack if on its own, even more so if more than one is present as the pack instinct takes over.

I have owned and trained German Shepherds for 30 years and have never had a problem with them, only because they are "Trained". Any dog that is untrained has the capacity to attack, but it is always the large breeds that get the publicity as they can do more damage.

Ther is no such thing as a dangerous dog only DANGEROUS OWNERS, it is the owners that need to be licensed not the dogs.
Old 26-09-2006, 12:55 PM
Gra
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i was in the park setting up footbal training for my team (lacing up my boots) when a staf comes flying at me, growling nudging me, showing tis teeth etc, all the time i am pushing its head away and shouting the the female chav owner to get over her and sort her fucking dog out, and she gets over here and tells me its my own fault he went for me as i shouldnt have been sitting down on the grass WTF owners should be vetted beofre being allowed to own pets or dogs like that, fooking shit the life out me

Quick Reply: Oh dear dog problems...