General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

SEE THIS IS WHY I WANTED RID OF MY COSSIE

Search this Thread

Old 21-08-2006, 09:50 AM
mark
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you dident owe any c charge money m8 as thay lift cars
Old 21-08-2006, 10:13 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear you've had a car stolen, but is there any reason you're claiming on the insurance......?

Or was it just not insured?
Old 21-08-2006, 10:19 AM
Tony @ Greenlight
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

[quote="b19bal"]
Originally Posted by xr2i-carl
not worth claiming mate as i won a bmw 325i with mirroed no claims and then when the insurance renewal comes back and the loss of no claims i aint gonan earn a thing mate

still stings though

Hi Bal,

Sorry to hear about your car mate..

Just a little glimmer of hope with the "mirrored" NCB situation, most Insurers Mirror the bonus by assessing the situation at that point in time (ie policy start date) and operate the 2nd policy separately from there onward - allowing you to start earning the years separately on the 2nd vehicle from there on.

If it's a multi-vehicle policy both may lose NCB, but these types of policy (ie. family fleet) are rare so it's probably worth checking this.

Once again... sorry to hear about your loss.

Kind regards

Tony
Old 21-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Cowboi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by mark
the car aint moved since a long time before the started congestion charging
Old 21-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gutted ginge mate

dirty thieving scum, hope you find them and get some of your less pleasant mates to properly fuck them up
Old 21-08-2006, 10:29 AM
mark
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Cowboi
Originally Posted by mark
the car aint moved since a long time before the started congestion charging
good point
Old 21-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Lou Lou.
10K+ Poster!!

Sorry to hear this
Old 21-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ginge give me some info on the cab you have if you want rid i may be intrestead
Old 21-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Dan Cossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Still no news for ya Ginge i have called ma cousin a couple of times now and he has been on the phone abit, i WILL be going on a little tour of chingford tonight......
Old 21-08-2006, 01:10 PM
ECU Monitor Enthusiast
BANNED
BANNED

sorry to hear about this ginge
Old 21-08-2006, 01:17 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ginge,

thats shit mate. didnt you chain your car to the floor via the diff or something? I swear you said that at cental day to me.
Old 21-08-2006, 01:56 PM
DOO
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Gutted for you mate hope you find out who robbed it the bastards
Old 21-08-2006, 03:06 PM
harbottle
Virgin

I think I would do time for the bastards who knicked it. Sorry to hear about this.
Old 21-08-2006, 05:20 PM
HORNETS7

a fiend of mine just had his car lifted by balifs as he owed money on council tax!!!!!

nowt like that is it ?

they check see if the vehicle belongs to u with dvla then lift it to get some cash back

just a thought not saying your in debt or owt lol!

if its has been stolen i hope the thieving coonts get there balls blown ff at some point! i had a s2 rst stolen before! so know what it like!
Old 21-08-2006, 05:42 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by CossieRich
Ginge,

thats shit mate. didnt you chain your car to the floor via the diff or something? I swear you said that at cental day to me.

yes it WAS as theres a drain outside my house

but when i took the car to work for the engine to be fitted i couldnt get that space so it was parked over the road and theres no drain where ot was and i was ment to be put back in that location 2 weeks ago where it was ment to be rechained,,,, but ill admiti got sloppy and caughtout, think its cause ive had it over 2 years and not hadd a issue apart from the stereo being robbed but that was my fault for leaving it in there

the wired thing is ive sold a few things that are to do with cars as im fucked off with em and im toying with the odea of buy another cossie,,, even the missus sugested that

but i think im just gonna stick the tennis back together and drive that car as ive never driven it

as for the bailif idea,,,, i am fortunate to be one of the only pikey fookers not to have debt ( well i do have council tax but ive always paied it late,same as i pay my gas/electricty on the black letter )

so its not a debt

pon the reason for not claiming mate is cause its not financially worth it tbh

its gonna go bythe book price of 3k, my insurance will go up next year and years after ( and the bmw aint exactly cheep to insure) and also im not sure what the situation willbe on a car thats in bits parked on the road for over 18months

also i dont wanna dwell on it too much, we are also gonna sell the flat so we can move areas as coming home today just made us feel like shit tbh

pon ive had my neighbour drive into my cabrio and ive not claimed off my insurance as i only have insurance as its A LEGAL REQUIREMENT

otherwise i wouldnt bother

i am gonna be canceling my policy though as i will get back 700 quid there and sending off the JUST PAIED FOR CAR TAX andres permit so i get a grand just by doing that almost and i dont pay extra next year as a result which i would and i aint got a protected no claims so 3 years no claims would be lost and to build that up would require me to buy a shitty wank car for the next 2 years like i had with my 1300 rst replica,,,,, im 27 now and about to make 110k profit on my flat,,,,, ill accept a 2k loss on a insurance claim
Old 21-08-2006, 05:52 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

You're not going to claim Ł3000 on the insurance after your car's been stolen, because of the knock on effect on your premium?

Sorry if this sounds unduly harsh, but that is complete and utter bollocks and you know it.

Okay, time for the obvious question. I

f you have just had your cossie stolen and it was insured, yet you don't intend to claim, why did you insure the car at all?
Old 21-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

cause you HAVE to have a car insured to be used on the road otherwise you get points when stopped

there is obviously other issues why im not going to claim that im not gona go into on here but the fact is that the knock on effect os not worth it in the long run unless im not planning on owning a car of value in the future and as the missus is gonan be returning to work next year and we are in the process of selling our flat ect its not actually worth it over the long term

you may find that hard to belive,,,,i accept that but ive never claimed off insurance in my life, never chose to and dont want the hassle of it, you may not belive it, fair play but pon im fortunate enough that i dont have financial ties in the car other than the money ive spent and i know what a 325i with no noclaims and 1 recent claim will cost me in october

pon when my stereo got nicked from the car i didnt even bother to report it to the police as i new it was pointless,,,,,, ive only reported the car this time as theres a chance it could be found,

ive also got a lead im working on as remember the world is a small place

also finding the person who done it is more important to me than getting the car back,,,,,, you could say thats a wierd way of looking at it

but CHEERS for posting me shite and giving me shite when im at my lowest point,,,,,,, must be nice to sit that high and look down on the shite below
Old 21-08-2006, 06:07 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

oh and the car was insured cause it was a deal with my othe car at the time i got and a good price considering i got 2 cars on it and i needed it to get the thing taxed
Old 21-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ffs the guy has had his cossie stolen why so many fooking questions
about insurance he wants us to look out for his car not ask so many
questions about the insurance policy if he dont want to claim thats
down to him

this is bal's comment

im 27 now and about to make 110k profit on my flat,,,,, ill accept a 2k loss on a insurance claim.

god for you mate on making that much profit i can see your point
i would do the same as you.

i dont see anyone asking what the reg number etc just asking about
other things give the guy a break
Old 21-08-2006, 07:55 PM
cossiej
Regular Contributor

mate feel for you .. got mine chained to the garage floor alarmed and trakered its wrong why cant you have something nice and thieving wankers leave it alone ....
hope you get some good news soon jas
Old 21-08-2006, 08:39 PM
mark
PassionFord Post Whore!!

oi ya goon i gave a few friends a call 2day to keep a look out

im a big pist off as this car was the first and only cossy id driven was going to have another go when it was back on the road
Old 21-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

Sorry to hear this m8, id keep pushing the police for the camera footage

As for you claiming on your insurance, id do it tbh 3k is a good holiday

Il keep my eyes open and let a few people know round my area
Old 21-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Jimboxr4x4
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Really sorry to read this mate.

Hope the theiving scum die a horrible death
Old 21-08-2006, 08:52 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Why the questions?

Because I'm not some fuckin sheep who sits there and goes "ooh sorry for your loss" without asking the most obvious question of all.

I said that it's a terrible thing to happen, and I'm sure ginge is very distressed, but if you want to post it on a public bulletin board that your cossie has been stolen but that you don't intend to claim, don't be surprised when people ask why, when you have made it clear that you're not exactly rich enough to be able to wipe out Ł3k as pocket change.

Nothing wrong with questioning one of the most idiotic things I have ever seen! You think your insurance is going to rise by 3k over the next 10 years for example as a result of a theft claim?
Old 21-08-2006, 08:58 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The oddest thing is them not checking the CCTV, that's what it's there for! When my mates car was broken into they checked no probs and he was even asked if he recognised any of them
Old 21-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Andreas
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by harbottle
I think I would do time for the bastards who knicked it. Sorry to hear about this.
Thats actually what worries me the most, that if mine ever get nicked I would have to do time in jail if I found out who it was.

Really sorry to hear about the theft.
Old 21-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

pon the fact i am gopnna get back 700 for canceling the policy and then theres the 500 or 600 quid excess too i forgot about

and as for clearly not being rich enough to wipe 3k as if its nothing,,,,,,, its got fuck all to do with my wealth, my old man has actually offered to buy be another car as hes seen how upset MY MISSUS is about it

you may think im a pikey cunt, i may act the pikey cunt but trust me i can access 5k if i needed to

hell ive just bought a new g4 poer book to cheer me up tonight,,,,, ive also NEVER sold a car in my life, generally i give em away and im porb owned about 3k in total from friends when ive loaned em cash.sold em stuff and told em to pay me when they got time

pon ever wonder how i managed to buy a cossie/ pay a morgage and have a family with a 7k a year part time job at halfords,,,,,,, oh and my missus is more upset AS SHE BOUGHT ME THE FUCKING COSSIE,,,,,, AND MY TENNIS CABRIO AND MY FIRST ERST

pon what will insurance on a e36 325i with 1 claim and no no claims cost in a N7 post code ????

bet it aint gonna be just over 500 quid now is it

oh and ive also got a fleet of cars to sell too, a personal plate, loads of general crap ive collected in my garages ( yes i rent more than one and the cossie was left on the road, stupid i know)

pon i understand why you ask the question, it does sound strange i guess but remember i always look at life different to you

oh and please dont think that the cossie took 18months to get close to finishing as i never had the cash,,,,,,,, the car was paied for out of SPARE CASH, as in buy stuff if it takes my fancy ect,,,,,,,i never had to save to buy a engine and ive always done the car as a when ever hobbie, infact i lost interest in it and thats why it took so long,,,,,,, apart from the fuel pump and the parts that are being polished the car had MORE than enough parts to finish it, i just couldnt be arsed to go down and work on the thing ( which fuck me i regret now )

im understand what your saying and im not deffo not gonna claim but theres a reason why im choosing not to straight away and then when i find that out i may do

but for 3k considering i wanna get a porsche in the next 18 months and also insure that means i prob wont choose to

oh and the reg is F413 JNA,,,,,,, its only got the one plate on it and thats on the rear though, the front one is in the boot of me cabrio
Old 21-08-2006, 11:43 PM
tregmatt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

hope you catch them mate
Old 22-08-2006, 05:58 AM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

b19bal sad news sorry

but loose lips sink ships trust me your gonna find out who did it ..

if the police have street cams in your area ..you carnt view it ..

straight away get your Solicitor on to it .you can only try

if your car was suspect for a bomb plot via a phone call bet they would find it then via cams then and where it went

the cams your area work 24 ,7 ..

where there any parts on the car id marked ?????
Old 22-08-2006, 10:05 AM
Dan@Rapid-Ford
PassionFord Post Troll

It could be the council.

There are new rules about working on cars in the street and if a car is/has broken down it has to be moved within 3 days.

It only takes a phone call from a neighbour to do it

sorry to hear it mate.

Cheers
Daniel
Old 22-08-2006, 10:50 AM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Dan@Rapid-Ford
It could be the council.

There are new rules about working on cars in the street and if a car is/has broken down it has to be moved within 3 days.

council on a sunday

the council never take a car without putting a notice on it bal
didnt get one or a letter.

lets face it,,,,,,,, its been stolen end of
Old 22-08-2006, 11:12 AM
Mrs Ginge

Originally Posted by Rs Baz
It could be the council.

council on a sunday

as ginge stated it HAS been stolen,

and also stated that we checked all the pounds, council and everywhere else u would check first

as baz said, lets face it it has been stolen

thanks 4 ur comments guys
Old 22-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Dan@Rapid-Ford
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Rs Baz
It could be the council.

council on a sunday

whats sunday got to do with it?? the council came around my house at 1030pm on a thursday night about a security light on the side of my house, when I called the council and spoke to the head of dept he told me I'd be suprised at what they can do due to the new rules - they can knock on the door up till 2am noise, light, smells, insects

edited.

sorry to bring it up again
Old 22-08-2006, 11:52 AM
Gra
PassionFord Post Whore!!

who owns the CCTV mate? i had my ST24 rear ended, which was covered by the CCTV, i requested that i look, which is as you rightly say not allowed under Data protection and you do have to get the coppers to request it,
however what you can do is speak to the security officer/manager in charge of the CCTV area, (it was Cable and wireless head office in my case) and ask him/her to view it for you and to let you know if there is any clear pictures etc, then if there are, you can go the correct route of getting the coppers to request it, but at least you will know for sure befoer you go this route if the CCTV is of any use if that makes sense.
Old 22-08-2006, 11:59 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Ginge - I don't think you're a pikey at all.......... well maybe a little bit

However, I do realise that you think differently to me.......... and most pople for that matter, as I can't see there being a single person on this forum who woul write off 3k because their premium MIGHT rise the following year.

Doesn't add up as far as I'm concerned. Either you aint doing your sums right, or there's something else going on here.
Old 22-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Dan Cossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Pon- he aint a Pikey at all mate he just lives in a crap area..... im the one whos bloody nickname is Pikey lol (long story)

and i would write off a 3k loss mate if i had to espcially if there is a chance of getting the car back

and at NO point has he mentioned about insurance it was every other fool in this post that brought it up, it is his responsibility if he didnt insure or if he doesnt claim there is no need to call him a pikey or that he is stupid or ad....ALL he done was say that his car has been nicked and can people keep and eye out for parts etc..the man has been proper upset had to have a day off work.
So why dont people lay off his back and do what i would expect people if this site is supposed to be a friendly site and keep and eye out and let the guy know if they hear or see anything...its his pride and joy just put yourself in his shoes.....

BTW GINGE IT HASNT BEEN BROUGHT TO MY YARD YET!!!!
Old 22-08-2006, 03:21 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Friendly site?

Ah right, so you only want people to reply if you like what they have to say?

Jog on pal
Old 22-08-2006, 03:52 PM
Dan Cossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Pon- i would say its a friendly site most of the time when i have had probs with my car there have always been decent replies not someone sayin im stupid cos i didnt kno the answer to a question.....

and i dont mind what people have to say bad or not but what does it matter if he has insurance or not???and to be honest what the hell has it gopt to do with anyone (unless he crashes into ya) all he asked was if people would keep an eye out for him or if anyone hears anything thats all.is that a bad thing???? im sure you would do the same if someone stole your car Rich!!!

and i i dont fancy joggin on im a lazy bastard and dont call me pal cos i aint a pal of yours ( now thats not bein friendly is it) lol

anyway leave me alone i was just stickin up for a distraught mate
Old 22-08-2006, 07:07 PM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Daviet
sorry to hear this
i take it the car was towed away then? no cctv near you that would have seen cossie getting towed away?
al try the cctv at holloway road never know, hgopefully you'll be lucky and get it back like i did

Quick Reply: SEE THIS IS WHY I WANTED RID OF MY COSSIE