General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Is a 7.4.1 comp to low to run a T34.63?

Search this Thread

Old 17-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bosch-Man
Originally Posted by chip-3door
Hi Pete yes....the engine was made for 600bhp so basically its a case of just putting bigger injectors and turbo on it and remap of course.

Its a solid 400bhp with the T34.63 and is setup to perfection and very nice....you wouldnt be dissapointed,you could go bigger turbo but it depends what you want...in my EXPERIANCE it feels nice
yours feels nice because you have a good map on it and probably havent had on a standard compression engine with a t34 on it.

If you had EXPERIENCE of both back to back you would realise that

It will work, but its far from ideal.

Excuse me??? This MAD engine is running an off the shelf Ahmed map Same as my std comped t34 .48 map ...i have no experience of a LIVE mapped car except my M3 ....and nor do the majority of users here...so a very poor attempt at a dig
If you are running a map designed for standard comrpession then i really am AMAZED you cant see its faults, you really cant pay much attention to what you are driving!
Old 17-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by peteh
Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
You don't need them with standard springs...
just i don't wana take the head off
They will *marginally* shorten the life of the cams and valves/seats but its not enough to worry about, just leave it as it is.
Old 17-08-2006, 11:56 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Hi Pete yes....the engine was made for 600bhp so basically its a case of just putting bigger injectors and turbo on it and remap of course.

Its a solid 400bhp with the T34.63 and is setup to perfection and very nice....you wouldnt be dissapointed,you could go bigger turbo but it depends what you want...in my EXPERIANCE it feels nice
yours feels nice because you have a good map on it and probably havent had on a standard compression engine with a t34 on it.

If you had EXPERIENCE of both back to back you would realise that

It will work, but its far from ideal.

Excuse me??? This MAD engine is running an off the shelf Ahmed map Same as my std comped t34 .48 map ...i have no experience of a LIVE mapped car except my M3 ....and nor do the majority of users here...so a very poor attempt at a dig
If you are running a map designed for standard comrpession then i really am AMAZED you cant see its faults, you really cant pay much attention to what you are driving!

What on Gods Earth are you babbling on about now to try for more browny points?Std comp map Damn your getting desperate
Old 17-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Anonymous
Banned

You said its running the same map as your std comp t34.48

make your mind up, i never mentioned live maps at all.

The only way your own comparison would make any sense if everything about the engines was the same (head and cams in particular) other than the CR and then both were on a map running the same sort of AFR and same sort of number of degrees to Det.

Thats my whole point, you think you have relevant experience of it but you dont.

Old 17-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Danny B
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pete 6.8:1 comp, ported head, T34 16psi boost 349bhp 114.8mph through the 1/4mile. nah low comp wont work.
Old 17-08-2006, 12:07 PM
Anonymous
Banned

The only way your own comparison would make any sense if everything about the engines was the same (head and cams in particular) other than the CR and then both were on a map running the same sort of AFR and same sort of number of degrees to Det.

Thats my whole point, you think you have relevant experience of it but you dont.

No i didnt ...i said both were using Ahmed maps...do you think Mark would build an engine and put a std map in it? Damn your losing it
Old 17-08-2006, 12:15 PM
Anonymous
Banned

No i didnt ...i said both were using Ahmed maps...do you think Mark would build an engine and put a std map in it? Damn your losing it

I dont even know the car you are talking about or who built it, so i wouldnt have a clue what map was on it other than what you just said it was the same as whatever other car you were on about that had a std comp ahmed map, if you didnt word it very well thats your problem.

Anyway, all thats largely irrelevant TBH, providing they both have a map thats equivalent then thats cool and was what i was saying in the first place, but the KEY thing is that you are comparing two engines with completely different cam choices and then trying to draw meaningful conclusions from it as if the CR is the only difference.

If you had two engines where it was only the CR that was different (and both with an equivalent map) then EVEN YOU would feel the difference in pull on the higher CR one when off boost and when at the top end of the rev range phil
Old 17-08-2006, 12:18 PM
Anonymous
Banned

As if you didnt know what engine i was on about..i mentioned MAD enuff...your getting deeper...damn i Wish this was my full time day job your a VERY easy target when i got the time
Old 17-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Anonymous
Banned

As if you didnt know what engine i was on about..i mentioned MAD enuff...your getting deeper...damn i Wish this was my full time day job your a VERY easy target when i got the time
I dont know anything about the spec of engine in your car Phil, ive never spoken to Rhys or Mark about the engine spec, so why would i know anything about it, i must confess i didnt even know what turbo Rhys was running until you have said it here.
Old 17-08-2006, 12:23 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Old 17-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Anonymous
Banned

..and PLEASE stop bleating to Rainbird...he told me to stop following you around...yet its quite clear its the other way round
Old 17-08-2006, 12:26 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Come on girls play nice.
Old 17-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Anonymous
Banned

..and PLEASE stop bleating to Rainbird...he told me to stop following you around...yet its quite clear its the other way round
Who mentioned rainbird? I havent PM'd Mike this afternoon at all

you smoking crack on your day off phil?

Or just DESPERATE to avoid having to make a comment about the fact the two engines you are comparing have different cams completely and so everything you are saying trying to imply the CR makes NO difference to the driveability is a lie?

Old 17-08-2006, 12:30 PM
Anonymous
Banned

What are you on about comp ratio now for?????

..i have NO idea what you are on about due to the fact you are taking wild pot shots to get me to rise....

Mate the net is a way to relax..loosen up it aint this serious Pal
Old 17-08-2006, 12:37 PM
Anonymous
Banned

What are you on about comp ratio now for?????
The clue is in the thread title Phil if you look hard enough

..i have NO idea
Evidently

Mate the net is a way to relax..loosen up it aint this serious Pal
It can be, although in the case of this thread its more a place to find out information, so im trying to help the guy leave with some correct info not the crap you are spouting trying to imply to him that 7.4:1 compression will drive like 8:1 compression
Old 17-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Anonymous
Banned

You are deffo barking to an empty room Chip
Old 17-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Mike can you clean this thread up please as its well documentated that Chip is trying in vain to get me to call him a fat cunt to get me a ban from a site he acts like he owns..which i will NOT do.

To clarify for Pete

7.4/1 with t34 .63 is fine.....as i am running that spec now and have no issues,thats the answer to your question.

Chip has then turned it into a more complex post than it warrants to discredit me as per usual..but i dont care..cause i have the actual cars thus all info comes from driving various specs
Old 17-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Anonymous
Banned

To clarify for Pete

7.4/1 with t34 .63 is fine.....as i am running that spec now and have no issues,thats the answer to your question.
To clarify somewhat futher, it will however NOT have the "punch and response" it would if it was 8:1
Old 17-08-2006, 12:54 PM
Anonymous
Banned

...just to clarify,Chip is yet again stating the bleeding obvious
Old 17-08-2006, 12:55 PM
Anonymous
Banned

...just to clarify,Chip is yet again stating the bleeding obvious
Indeed, its VERY obvious, which is why i cant understand why you arent also saying it to him when he is asking the question, instead you keep telling him that his will be "fine" and "ok" without actually mentioning that it will be less "fine and ok" than a stnadard one would!
Old 17-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Read his post question.

...NO,its not too low to go with a T34 .63 at 7.4-1...
Old 17-08-2006, 01:43 PM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ok ok lads

my questions has been answered, now play nice

what are your secret cams spec phil? or would you have to kill me, as they are 'secret'?
Old 17-08-2006, 01:44 PM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Danny B
pete 6.8:1 comp, ported head, T34 16psi boost 349bhp 114.8mph through the 1/4mile. nah low comp wont work.
cant have that engine though
Old 17-08-2006, 01:47 PM
Anonymous
Banned

...Mark wont tell me what cams they are
Old 17-08-2006, 01:52 PM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Old 17-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Anonymous
Banned

That always makes me laugh with tuners TBH.

If i bought that car i would take the cams out and measure them if the tuner wouldnt tell me what they were TBH as i think its a bit pants not knowing about your own engine, espeically if you intend to modify it further with a different turbo etc later on, and worryingly for the secretative tuners, because you have the timing they are set at too as tehy are currently installed you would even be able to tell stuff like lift on overlap etc.

Must be quite worrying for tuners the thought of the wrong person buying their engine secondhand at a later date and publishing the details (i wouldnt do that personally, would just measure them out of interest), altough the tuners on here, all move things on at such a pace they probably dont care if people know where they were several years ago, so less of an issue than to some of the other tuners out there who have been doing stuff the same for donkeys years as they do it now.
Old 17-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Phil,
Funny he won't tell YOU, but tells Rich (see his post within this lot ).
Old 17-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Rainbird apparently i aint running a BD14 in and std out This babies got Iskys which would suggest something a little wilder to go with the Nick Waples style spec head
Old 17-08-2006, 04:31 PM
WD Pro
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

If i bought that car i would take the cams out and measure them if the tuner wouldnt tell me what they were TBH as i think its a bit pants not knowing about your own engine, espeically if you intend to modify it further with a different turbo etc later on, and worryingly for the secretative tuners, because you have the timing they are set at too as tehy are currently installed you would even be able to tell stuff like lift on overlap etc.

Must be quite worrying for tuners the thought of the wrong person buying their engine secondhand at a later date and publishing the details (i wouldnt do that personally, would just measure them out of interest), altough the tuners on here, all move things on at such a pace they probably dont care if people know where they were several years ago, so less of an issue than to some of the other tuners out there who have been doing stuff the same for donkeys years as they do it now.
My mate runs an F2 outlaw (2.0 OHC) and the builder even ground all the ID off the cam
Old 17-08-2006, 05:19 PM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
Phil,
Funny he won't tell YOU, but tells Rich (see his post within this lot ).
arh ha, the secret is out

just joking
Old 17-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Pete..only Mark knows for sure,maybe it is just a 14 in and std out...but he says they are good for 600bhp so i dont really care
Old 17-08-2006, 05:27 PM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

BD14 and standard exhaust for 600bhp, i don't think so

i know how much research and development goes into the cams, hence Danny B's post above
Old 17-08-2006, 06:05 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Phil

You are proving why Mark wont tell you what cams are fitted to your engine. Best not say too much. There are comments on this thread that prove people would be shocked at the cams Mark fits to his engines.
Old 17-08-2006, 07:09 PM
Mark Shead
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 223 Likes on 193 Posts

There are no part no's for my cams only grind no so I dont give it

Mark
Old 18-08-2006, 11:07 AM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

could i buy the cams seperate then mark?
Old 18-08-2006, 03:30 PM
peteh
PassionFord Post Whore!!

bttt for mark
Old 18-08-2006, 04:29 PM
* ROFL *
Banned

whats a .63 .48 and .55 ?
Old 18-08-2006, 04:31 PM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Different size exhaust/turbine housings on a 'T34' turbo.
Old 18-08-2006, 04:32 PM
* ROFL *
Banned

i see, thanks.

what do the numbers mean tho ? what is it a measurement of ?
Old 18-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Billabong
PassionFord Post Whore!!

A/R - It is defined as the inlet cross-sectional area divided by the radius from the turbo centerline to the centroid of that area.

Easier to read this as it explains it so well:

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...o_tech102.html

Quick Reply: Is a 7.4.1 comp to low to run a T34.63?