General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Assaulted in work tonight!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 11:54 PM
Adam Ash
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the update on this is......

I'M SUSPENDED ON FULL PAY

had various phonecalls from work today, things were already in motion when i called this afternoon, going through the hr department etc....

get this shit, he's also suspended on full pay, but he is on holiday for 2 weeks now, so he will get 2 weeks holiday back , what the fuck is all that about...

so basically i am suspended until this cunt gets back from holiday , seems like its going my way already

got to go in on monday to issue a statement but going to meet the main union rep on sunday to sort some things out....

also spoke to my solicitor about the matter, gave him a written statement of events and he has told me i dont have anything to worry about, even if i am sacked for it, it will be classed as constructive dismissal or something like that, not actually too sure but he reckons i'll be ok.

theres nothing i can do about the matter now to be honest, its all in the hands of the gods.

I do feel like a total cunt for doing this but i still have 4 fook off big nail marks around my arm and bruising, pictures were taken last night and also today, all dated and timed.

Anyone else want to help me turn my life to shit, although i seem to be doing a pretty good job by myself at the moment.....

oh and im also thinking about buying a scooby tomorrow
Old 12-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just food for thought mate, how long till redundancy?!

If its not 2 long and all this has been traumatic then get to your GP and explain the whole situation, he can and will sign u off mate, and they cant legally sack you for being off work especially as you have been roughed up etc. Takes a long time and they'd have to discuss things with u first and offer options etc.

Obviously you have to thing hard about it as you will only get so much sick pay then SSP which is shit.

I was signed off cos of hows i was treated after a car accident, was off for a long time and in the end they offered me volutary redundancy 2 get rid of me.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:16 AM
Adam Ash
PassionFord Post Whore!!

thats the problem mate

i would go on the sick till redundancy, but.........................

they wont tell us when the factory is going to close

its been 16 months since they anounced it was closing and moving to POLAND and we are still no closer to finding out when its closing!!!

we should have taken a leaf out of our american employees book and said we were gonna fill the tubes with foreign objects...... they got armed guards on the lines within 1 day of anouncement, and it was closed within 2 months as they couldnt afford the armed gurds , everyone got there redundancy quick as fook then

but as we are british, we are just hanging in fooking limbo

could be next week, could be 2 years

nobody will tell us anything

best start looking for a fresh job
Old 12-08-2006, 12:42 AM
Adam Ash
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i know mate

at the end of the day tho, if i would have retaliated, i would have probably already walked the plank

just a total shite situation
Old 12-08-2006, 10:47 AM
RigPig
Advanced PassionFord User

get down to your doctors explain the situation he will sign you off with work related stress that will give you time to sort out which way you want to go with this.
Good luck mate