General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

GGGWWWAAANNNN BUTTON--WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 09:46 PM
AndyRST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Will 85
Hydraulics technician Andy
Well done m8, you must be proud to work for a company that you know you helped create a winning F1 car
Old 06-08-2006, 09:52 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well done, Button gifted a win. Would rather Shuey had placed to make a go of the championship though. Would have made the championship far more exiting.......
Old 06-08-2006, 10:01 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by EIL132
Well done, Button gifted a win.
Utter shit

made 10 places in 7 laps ( on a circuit famed for difficult overtaking )

He was comfortably ahead of everyone but Alonso and he had the beating of him too if you see the laptimes.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:03 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

My racing kart just SHOT up in value!
Old 06-08-2006, 10:03 PM
AndyRST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well done, Button gifted a win. Would rather Shuey had placed to make a go of the championship though. Would have made the championship far more exiting.......
How the fuck was Button "gifted a win" ?

He earned the win buy driving faster in wet conditions than the other cars/drivers and while driving faster he didnt make mistakes like Schuey did.

The only other driver that didnt make a mistake was Alonso he went out with driveshaft failure. Button was catching Alonso fair and square before that. They were both on the same michelin inter tyres but button was fast on them.

So again how he was "gifted" the win?
Old 06-08-2006, 10:18 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by AndyRST
How the fuck was Button "gifted a win" ?

He earned the win buy driving faster in wet conditions than the other cars/drivers and while driving faster he didnt make mistakes like Schuey did.

The only other driver that didnt make a mistake was Alonso he went out with driveshaft failure. Button was catching Alonso fair and square before that. They were both on the same michelin inter tyres but button was fast on them.

So again how he was "gifted" the win?
Where was Alonso, Rikkonen and even Barrichello could have had a chance? Shuey suffered in the early part, but yes he drove the car home. I honestly dont believe he wouldn't have won if both Alonso and Rikkonen had been players and I think Barrichello would have done the job if he hadn't had problems. But fair play he drove the car home, more than he did before or I think will do again
Old 06-08-2006, 10:19 PM
AndyRST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Some people need to take the Schey blinkers off and start watching the same race as the rest of us.

Theres a bloke at work like this, if Schuey doesnt win every race then who ever won was "gifted" the race

Schuey is an idiot, he was fighting for places the last few laps when he should have let them past knowing they were faster cars and on the right tyres and that what ever points Schuey took today Alonso was scoring nothing because he out of the race. Still thats what happens if your a greedy german and drive like you own the track and no one should be allowed to pass you
Old 06-08-2006, 10:24 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by AndyRST
Some people need to take the Schey blinkers off and start watching the same race as the rest of us.

Theres a bloke at work like this, if Schuey doesnt win every race then who ever won was "gifted" the race

Schuey is an idiot, he was fighting for places the last few laps when he should have let them past knowing they were faster cars and on the right tyres and that what ever points Schuey took today Alonso was scoring nothing because he out of the race. Still thats what happens if your a greedy german and drive like you own the track and no one should be allowed to pass you

Schuey has won world championships, Button has.........won his first/last race
Old 06-08-2006, 10:25 PM
AndyRST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

But the point is kimi made a mistake, Jenson didnt.

Barrichello started on the wrong tyres (full wets) and he didnt swap to the inters quick enough. When he did swap to inters he wasnt on the same lap times as Jenson.

Alonso was the only one that Jenson had to beat today and he was catching him at around 1 sec a lap and had the gap down to just 5 secs before the pitstop that broke his driveshaft.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:37 PM
AndyRST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Schuey has won world championships, Button has.........won his first/last race
and that has what to do with the arguement ???

We arent talking how he has been the better driver over the last 7 years, we are talking who was the better driver TODAY

Tipical Schuey supporter, has to try and turn the debate into their favour by bringing up his past records.

Bloke at work was saying how well Schuey drove his last 2 races and he's the best driver in the world, i had to remind him yes schuey was driving well because his car and tyres are working better than any other car on the track and Alonso is on the back foot like Schuey was early in the season i.e in Monaco. But the difference is Alsono doesnt resort to parking his car on the track to end qualifing when things arent going well, like Schuey did in Monaco

Schuey does like to cheat/win at all costs when things arent going his way, the diiiirty german
Old 06-08-2006, 10:54 PM
EIL132
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Button did well, but lets not get too excited, he ain't no Mansell, Hill or dare I say Coulthard/Irvine
Old 06-08-2006, 11:08 PM
AndyRST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Button did well, but lets not get too excited, he ain't no Mansell, Hill or dare I say Coulthard/Irvine
Not yet he's not

IMO Mansell was/is one of the most talented british drivers I have seen. He had raw skill and could drive a car that wasnt perfect and still win. He is still driving and winning today in the GP masters series

Button is very very much like Hill, a very smooth and flowing driver and fast, looks after his tyres but to be fast/win it has to be in the right car, set up the right way. Button isnt a driver that can adapt his driving and drive around a badly set up car imo. Button has a feel for a car that when its set up and working well he doesnt use as much traction control as other drivers and can push the car to the limit without needing "driver aids" which is why i think in the conditions today he won

As for Coulthard & Irvine .................... Who ???
Old 07-08-2006, 09:47 AM
OOG
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

I knew loads of people would say he was gifted the win by some many other drivers retiring.

Its all bollocks, he kept it on the black stuff in difficult conditions and the team backed him up with a good stratedgy and he drove the car home.