General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

norris evo vids,....asap....

Search this Thread

Old 24-07-2006, 08:59 PM
space hoppers
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by capri-rs
Originally Posted by space hoppers
Originally Posted by capri-rs
the car got beaten by an audi 80 on the 201m dragrace on gatebil
not sure but simon did say one of his boost pipes blew off thats why he lost a race
dont get me wrong.i liked the car and he was giving some stick all weekend long.

he would never caught the audi(runs low nines,high eight on 1/4 mile)
loved the evo .awesome sound of it
simon told me he had been quickest all weekend until the bloody pipe blew off

as for drifting he said he had never done it before so was learning as he went so ithink he did rather well
Old 24-07-2006, 09:11 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as for drifting he said he had never done it before so was learning as he went so ithink he did rather well
Watch the vid and see for yourself, I dunno how he managed 6th looking at the rest of em, they were good.

http://vagner.jeje.je/filmer/adrian..../breisladd.avi
Old 24-07-2006, 09:14 PM
capri-rs
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

yes he did.
the skyline was looking good out there
Old 24-07-2006, 09:51 PM
capri-rs
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

proper drifter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GNB7xT3rNE
Old 24-07-2006, 10:31 PM
spenner
Regular Contributor

Take my word norrie can drive a bit i'd like to see anybody else drive a car with that much power in damp conditions
Old 24-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Ever seen that vid of the Gatebil EscCos on Snow? Or even Julian Smith driving the Soarer in torrential rain on 5th Gear last week?

Cant believe anyone can think hes not a good driver tho, people must have a funny idea of good (well, more like they think its easier than it is).
Old 24-07-2006, 11:35 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not denying that Simon Norris is a good driver although he is totally outclassed by Stian and tbh many others.

However practice makes perfect and I dont feel is has really had the time to prove himself in his Evo yet but the more clips I see of that car, the more comfortable he is getting with it.
Old 26-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Simon Norris
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Just to clear up a few issues guys, I went to Combe to try and donut, no other reason. As you can see I'm not very good at them and need some practice, ha ha! I just couldn't stop myself counter steering out of the drift when entering the spin which resulted in two trips onto the grass heheh!

We were running 1.6bar on race fuel for this event, I chickened out of 2.3Bar in the wet.

I am happy with my performance on track and drag with the Evo this year, don't really care what the haters think, at least I put the car through its paces whenever I get the chance!

Capri-RS - Jonas in the Audi 80 has 1075hp and a 1/4 PB of 10.07sec, mine is 9.62 Sec, he did beat me though fair play, nice bloke!

Daviet - Two of my drifts were good (for me) but the 3rd was rubbish, I was trying though even though I was a 4WD drifting virgin!

Johnny Bravo - Spot on with your last comment, Stian is awesome!

We were quickest on track after I learnt the track though, not bad for someone who can't drive! Ha ha!

Cheers

Simon
Old 26-07-2006, 03:05 PM
carlo
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

Simon your car is awesome mate
Old 26-07-2006, 03:41 PM
sunny
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Norris Designs
Just to clear up a few issues guys, I went to Combe to try and donut, no other reason. As you can see I'm not very good at them and need some practice, ha ha! I just couldn't stop myself counter steering out of the drift when entering the spin which resulted in two trips onto the grass heheh!

We were running 1.6bar on race fuel for this event, I chickened out of 2.3Bar in the wet.

I am happy with my performance on track and drag with the Evo this year, don't really care what the haters think, at least I put the car through its paces whenever I get the chance!

Capri-RS - Jonas in the Audi 80 has 1075hp and a 1/4 PB of 10.07sec, mine is 9.62 Sec, he did beat me though fair play, nice bloke!

Daviet - Two of my drifts were good (for me) but the 3rd was rubbish, I was trying though even though I was a 4WD drifting virgin!

We were quickest on track after I learnt the track though, not bad for someone who can't drive! Ha ha!

Cheers

Simon
fair play
Old 26-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Simon Norris
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Thanks!

Si
Old 26-07-2006, 04:44 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

awesome car which does everything well
Old 26-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can I just clarify, that I am certainly not a hater of this car. Infact, the most fascinating statistic I have seen for this car is the 30-130 time of around 6 seconds. I couldn't put that into perspective until I realised that all 400-450bhp Evo's were only managing 16-17 seconds!!

I have a vid of that, but not hosted.
Old 26-07-2006, 06:41 PM
* ROFL *
Banned

norris evo is a well funky
Old 26-07-2006, 08:41 PM
RS500

One best european evo's out there period.
The most amazing thing is the still can cut on a dragstrip or racetrack.
Simon are you keeping your evo this time a bit longer?
Old 26-07-2006, 09:05 PM
space hoppers

Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy
Can I just clarify, that I am certainly not a hater of this car. Infact, the most fascinating statistic I have seen for this car is the 30-130 time of around 6 seconds. I couldn't put that into perspective until I realised that all 400-450bhp Evo's were only managing 16-17 seconds!!

oh well we are all backpeddling now how strange now that sir norris has posted
si you chicken shit you should have given it the full bollocks did make me laugh though. my mate was at quarry and he said your car was the best fun facter car there
Old 26-07-2006, 09:21 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well said nd,after all i am sure you dont think you r a pro and your car is abt the same power as an f1 car!!!!!!
Old 26-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

si you chicken shit you should have given it the full bollocks did make me laugh though. my mate was at quarry and he said your car was the best fun facter car there
No, I'm not back-peddling you moron. All I said originally is that I have seen comments on other forums about the fact that Simon isn't the best track-driver. I NEVER commented on the ability of the car, or indeed of Simon in any one of the many different formats that this car is used in.

Remember, I said that the comments were in relation to stuff I had seen elsewhere on the 'net. I have never been anywhere and seen this car in the 'flesh'.
Old 26-07-2006, 10:41 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Originally Posted by Norris Designs

Cheers

Simon
I can teach you to donut if you lend me your car . Obviously you can be passenger
Old 27-07-2006, 06:18 AM
space hoppers

No, I'm not back-peddling you moron. All I said originally is that I have seen comments on other forums about the fact that Simon isn't the best track-driver. I NEVER commented on the ability of the car, or indeed of Simon in any one of the many different formats that this car is used in.

Remember, I said that the comments were in relation to stuff I had seen elsewhere on the 'net. I have never been anywhere and seen this car in the 'flesh'.

well then you MORON least you have now learnt you should not believe all you here on the net
im bored of this argument now you have your opinions i have mine lets leave it at that
Old 27-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

space hopper how can you actually see what your typing with your head so far up "sir" norris's arse
Old 27-07-2006, 11:08 AM
space hoppers

Originally Posted by Daviet
space hopper how can you actually see what your typing with your head so far up "sir" norris's arse
Si is a friend then again so is mark shead oh and pete at spec r oh and so is rod tarry dont mean that im up their arses get a life pal
Old 27-07-2006, 11:16 AM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

no, must admit, i was tempted to say yesterday to stop sucking his internet cock.

its fine to stick up for a mate, but you was doing it (maybe not on purpose, but thats how it reads) in such a suckysucky way it was embarrassing to read TBH mate
Old 27-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Stavros
no, must admit, i was tempted to say yesterday to stop sucking his internet cock.

its fine to stick up for a mate, but you was doing it (maybe not on purpose, but thats how it reads) in such a suckysucky way it was embarrassing to read TBH mate
glad it wasnt jut me who saw that
Old 27-07-2006, 02:38 PM
space hoppers

ok if thats how you read it but im in no way kissing arse just didnt agree with some of the comments made but did agree on some others. simon is a mate and hopefully will be mapping my car soon but im not licking arse ok.
forgot top say ask steve scott [who we all no is a very good driver ] if he thinks norry is a good driver. he still talks about the tare up they had round coombe a couple of years ago
Old 27-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Cathe most fascinating statistic I have seen for this car is the 30-130 time of around 6 seconds. I couldn't put that into perspective until I realised that all 400-450bhp Evo's were only managing 16-17 seconds!!
Mind blowingly fast car! Off the radar