General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Golf

Search this Thread

Old 14-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Trev
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Golf

Anyone play?
Love the game but it doesn't like me, have really started putting some effort in and seemed like i was getting somewhere then tonight quick 9 holes and frankly I could of played better if I had shut my eyes

Anyone else get to this stage?

Trev
Old 14-07-2006, 10:49 PM
M7 COS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't give in mate, even when you've been playing a while you'll still have times like those but the great shots always keep you coming back for more!

I've been playing for over 11 years and I love it, I think it's the BEST sport ever.

I currently play off 11 but I have been as low as 9, and my younger brother plays off 5.

If you ever need any tips or help with your game or equipment at all just give me a shout.

There is a number of guys that play on here and some are pretty good too.
Old 14-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Trev
Regular Contributor

I just don't have the time to play unlike my younger bro who is a PE teacher, he can get away with it even at work

Don't think I would ever give up but it has been know for me to loose a club or two on the way round!
Old 14-07-2006, 10:55 PM
c.h.r.i.s
PassionFord Post Troll

i played yesturday and was bloody awfull. you have the odd round like that but dont let it put you off. get down the driving range and practice, the more practice you get the better you will become.
as said above you will hit some fantastic shots and you will want to play more.

dont know how long youve been playing but no matter how good you are a set of lessons will do you good. they have really improved me.
Old 14-07-2006, 10:57 PM
M7 COS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I play both weekend days most weeks and I also play evenings during the Summer, I practice quite a fair bit too.

I've broken a few clubs in my time, two were from losing my temper.
Old 14-07-2006, 11:00 PM
mattyb1981
Regular Contributor

i have just started playing and i am hooked only played on a 9 hole course at the moment and my best round is 35 on a par 27 course so i was well pleased but the next game i had a couple of bad shots and ended up with 45 so just keep on playing and you will get better
Old 14-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Trev
Regular Contributor

I know practice makes perfect and its too true, two kids an rs a mrs and sanity though doesn't leave much time.

Played on wednesday was Ok and finished great so was looking forward to tonight, but it was blustury and fired my first tee shot out of bounds!

probably tired week of work, running, 18 holes mideweek and a 5year old, 3 month old!

always makes me laugh how people comment golf is easy, try walking 6 miles carrying a set of clubs and concentrating all at the same time, roll on the winter and the rugby season so I can go back to something easy!
Old 15-07-2006, 07:01 AM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Trev
try walking 6 miles carrying a set of clubs and concentrating all at the same time
So true!

Funny reading through people saying they've broken clubs! I played my first 18 for well over a year yesterday as I damaged my back a while ago. I played with the old man and we normally argue and fight all the time, in fact we got all the way round with only one argument so we can't have been playing too bad!

Play in Spain a bit as he's got a brother there and remember playing at Mojacar, there's a hole where you tee off the side of a mountain [200 m drop ] and he fluffed his shot. I started laughing and he grabbed my putter out my bag and threw it off the edge We were paired playing a Texas Scramble one year at Sunningdale and got kicked out because we were fighting in a ditch

His favourite trick though is fucking off with the buggy [if we're being lazy] and leaving my bag hidden somewhere.

All the abuse is flooding back now, this is like therapy