General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

JUST GOT BAC FROM CASTLE COMBE ........

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 10:34 PM
lamb chops
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have some vid footage of your Alfa! A few clips anyway.

Will be uploaded soon i hope thats if its doesnt crash again
Old 09-07-2006, 11:54 PM
Tony Rs
Ebony black Sapph Cos

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Racey
the PF stand may have been small (more than some clubs which didnt even turn up - namely one from my area), but i'd like to say WELL DONE to all the people who owned the cars because they were all as clean as fook

(who owns the white focus??? dont normally like them but that really caught my eye )
cheers mate it was a small stand but the cars where all very very nice i had the black sapph next to the red escos cant believe it sold so quick
Old 10-07-2006, 05:32 AM
space hoppers
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by TROLL
Doug, you spun in front of me ! I guess your Cos is RWD as I could see you in my mirrors getting the back end out, lol

Anyone get any pics of my Alfa on the track

Was a good day out on the track, but seemed to be very quiet, ummm, still can't complain get lots of track time, and my car seemed to grab alot of attention, which was nice.

Mark
so your the gentleman that wont move over when someone is clearly faster than you. my mates S1 track car may look a bit rough but it is still quick. nothing like a bit of track etiquette
Old 10-07-2006, 06:18 AM
TROLL
MK2 RS2000 X-pack Owner

Originally Posted by space hoppers
Doug, you spun in front of me ! I guess your Cos is RWD as I could see you in my mirrors getting the back end out, lol

Was a good day out on the track, but seemed to be very quiet, ummm, still can't complain get lots of track time, and my car seemed to grab alot of attention, which was nice.

Mark
so your the gentleman that wont move over when someone is clearly faster than you. my mates S1 track car may look a bit rough but it is still quick. nothing like a bit of track etiquette
If your talking about at Camp corner, you would of noticed I did slow down to let him past, but he slowed at the same time, and he wasn't faster than me on the straights, only on the corners, and he had just caught me up at Bobbies.

I let plenty of faster cars passed me on the day, it doesn't bother me, and it wasn't intentional. And yes I saw you shaking yr head as I came in.

Lamb chops, looking forward to the video.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:53 AM
richm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Mark
If your talking about at Camp corner, you would of noticed I did slow down to let him past, but he slowed at the same time, and he wasn't faster than me on the straights, only on the corners, and he had just caught me up at Bobbies.

I let plenty of faster cars passed me on the day, it doesn't bother me, and it wasn't intentional. And yes I saw you shaking yr head as I came in.

I pulled over a couple of times to let him by if he wanted (i just don't like people behind me), but didn't then either.. chatted to spence afterwards and he was cool, was having boost problems anyway..
Old 10-07-2006, 07:57 AM
Mike1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

You were doing well behind the M3 Rich - what tyres have you got - I presume yours was the flint grey starting G7XX XXX?
Old 10-07-2006, 08:06 AM
richm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Mike1
You were doing well behind the M3 Rich - what tyres have you got - I presume yours was the flint grey starting G7XX XXX?
yeah that was a bloody good session!
Tyres?? lol. round and black..
Knackered Goodyear F1's, it was hard work keeping up after the first 3 laps! was getting messy lol.. having random brakes wasn't helping, I had an ABS problem of sorts, the pedal would go hard and no brakes to speak of periodically..
I wish I'd got my arse in gear and sorted some proper tyres, it would have made things a heap better..
Old 10-07-2006, 08:10 AM
Mike1
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by richm
Originally Posted by Mike1
Knackered Goodyear F1's, it was hard work keeping up after the first 3 laps! was getting messy lol.. having random brakes wasn't helping, I had an ABS problem of sorts, the pedal would go hard and no brakes to speak of periodically..
I wish I'd got my arse in gear and sorted some proper tyres, it would have made things a heap better..
I think you ought to pinch some of those R-888s off SiB!!

Sounded like that BMW's electronics were having to help him out a bit as well though!!
Old 10-07-2006, 08:17 AM
richm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

LOL. yeah he had everything turned on! Chatting with him afterwards, nice chap.
Yeah I was going to have some 888's off him, but just too lazy to sort it out! lol. Damn well should have done though!!
Old 10-07-2006, 08:20 AM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

We had a good day at Combe

1st time i have been there, sat most the day on M.A Developments stand, and got a tad sunburnt

Surrey Group also went away with Best RS Group Stand
Old 10-07-2006, 08:53 AM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

The M3 passed me and I started to chase him

then I crashed
Old 10-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Mike1
PassionFord Post Troll

LOL. yeah he had everything turned on! Chatting with him afterwards, nice chap.
Yeah I was going to have some 888's off him, but just too lazy to sort it out! lol. Damn well should have done though!!
I presume it was one of the auto SMGtype boxes as he seemed to change gear in strange places?
It did "look" as if your tyres were going off a bit - that's why I wondered what you had as there's not a lot of choice in 15"
Old 10-07-2006, 01:48 PM
richm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

were you out too Mike? or watching?
Old 10-07-2006, 02:02 PM
Racey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by pee vee
Racey
was that your saph parked up on the passionford stand on its own
at the very end of the day??

i parked up over there and had a wander about but couldnt see you
or any fooker else
yep - thats my new one

I did stand around the fast ford stand waiting for you for a little bit and kept my eye out for you phil but never found you. Was funny seeing my old car cos I just walked past and it was only when neil pointed out the number plate i realised it was PJI
did your dad have the car parked next to you?

Jasesapphy - was wicked meeting you - top guy (except for starting the domestic

Big tony - you should have come over and said Hi

i'm not surprised the red esc cos sold quickly because even i had to look twice at the price!
Old 10-07-2006, 03:46 PM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pee vee
Racey
was that your saph parked up on the passionford stand on its own
at the very end of the day??

i parked up over there and had a wander about but couldnt see you
or any fooker else
yep - thats my new one

I did stand around the fast ford stand waiting for you for a little bit and kept my eye out for you phil but never found you. Was funny seeing my old car cos I just walked past and it was only when neil pointed out the number plate i realised it was PJI
did your dad have the car parked next to you?

yeah Fudgee asked for it to be on fast ford stand.
Dads ST2 was parked next to PJI, and Ecosniges Noble next to Fil2400s car the other side
Old 10-07-2006, 05:06 PM
RST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by BIG TONY RS
the PF stand may have been small (more than some clubs which didnt even turn up - namely one from my area), but i'd like to say WELL DONE to all the people who owned the cars because they were all as clean as fook

(who owns the white focus??? dont normally like them but that really caught my eye )
cheers mate it was a small stand but the cars where all very very nice i had the black sapph next to the red escos cant believe it sold so quick

Wicked pic mate
I think my dads cossie sold so quick because it is a clean car and is priced 2 sell as we need it gone but could of put it up 4 Ł12.500 but it would of prob been 4 sale 4 a few months
Old 10-07-2006, 05:08 PM
RST
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Jasesapphy
My lips are sealed
Old 10-07-2006, 08:07 PM
space hoppers

Mark

yes mate you may have slowed down but it helps if you move over as well spence had to really lift off in the corners or did you not go to the briefing
Old 10-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Doug

I so wish my turbo had not died
Old 10-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Nikki
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Glad to see you all had a good time Gutted I could come along!!

So why was the PF stand so small then ? If Tracey is saying some others groups didn't even bother to turn up must have been prior engaged

Would like to say a HUGE "Thank you" to all of those that did go though & display on the stand and also a huge Thanks to Tracey & Neil for taking the banner & displaying it for me

Love you guys

Doug what have you done to your turbo hun

Helen,,,well done again babe You & Dave are doing so well with that club well pleased for ya's

xxx
Old 10-07-2006, 08:55 PM
richm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Mark

yes mate you may have slowed down but it helps if you move over as well spence had to really lift off in the corners or did you not go to the briefing
if he's that much quicker he can always hang back a bit before the corner then drive on by on the way out
Old 11-07-2006, 05:16 AM
space hoppers

Mark

if he's that much quicker he can always hang back a bit before the corner then drive on by on the way out

well if hes on the racing line how can spence drive past at the speed he could take the corners
Old 11-07-2006, 05:56 AM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Nikki

Helen,,,well done again babe You & Dave are doing so well with that club well pleased for ya's

xxx

Cheers hun, thats 2nd for us this year
Old 11-07-2006, 08:03 AM
richm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well if hes on the racing line how can spence drive past at the speed he could take the corners
lol.. there's room for 5 cars across the track after camp, racing line isn't on the righthand side of the track, and with a faster exit from camp there's plenty of space to go by - i did it plenty of times and i wasn't fast

is it really worth getting het up about?? Spence had a smile on his face every time I saw him, and I doubt he's stressing about it lol
Old 11-07-2006, 09:39 AM
Mike1
PassionFord Post Troll

i did it plenty of times and i wasn't fast
Not too shabby at all for the power you've got though - that M3 wasn't pulling away
Old 11-07-2006, 02:20 PM
space hoppers

lol.. there's room for 5 cars across the track after camp, racing line isn't on the righthand side of the track, and with a faster exit from camp there's plenty of space to go by - i did it plenty of times and i wasn't fast

is it really worth getting het up about?? Spence had a smile on his face every time I saw him, and I doubt he's stressing about it lol
not gettin stressed up about it at all just making a point i will tell you spence was well miffed when he came in also my wife was in the car and she didnt speak highly of the guys driving in the alfa
Old 11-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

, and he wasn't faster than me on the straights, only on the corners
I can tell just by that comment alone you clearly know nothing about track driving or track day etiquette!!!

If someone is quicker on the corners then let them past!

Nice looking Alfa by the way
Old 11-07-2006, 03:51 PM
twinkle_2k86
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by R4N S S
The M3 passed me and I started to chase him
then I crashed
i take it you where the moonstone blue RS500 that hit the tyre wall at quary?? if so, totaly gutted for you mate, i put my hands over my eyes as couldn`t watch.

was a good day tho, not the best one i have been to, but still very good. all the cars on show where a credit to the owners.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:56 PM
TROLL
MK2 RS2000 X-pack Owner

Thanks, but I am not getting into an argument, I have been doing track days for over ten years, and I was doing the charity rides at combe a few years ago, so I know what I am doing.

I was on the racing line for sure going into Camp, remember you have to overtake on the right. What with the hassle, if he was so much quicker than me why didn't he wait until after camp corner, I know I always did, and didn't risk trying to over take into a corner.

I got overtaken on a corner and cut up a few times, but I not bitchin about it, as I am sure it wasn't deliberate.

If Spence had a problem he only had to come and have a chat with me. !

As I said it wasn't intentional, I was a lot quicker than a lot of things on the straight, but I let them go past me after the corners because my car weights 2 tons and I was on road tyres, so had no chance.

Anyway its all about enjoying your self, having fun safely, which I think the day was.

Tell spence to email me if he wants to discuss it further instead of you publically slagging me off.

Thanks Rich, your car looked good on the day !

Mark
Old 11-07-2006, 04:47 PM
space hoppers

spence is a chilled out guy he will be fine about it now but was not when he came off i am JUST making a point. thanks porkie least you understand wot im trying to get at
Old 11-07-2006, 08:31 PM
TROLL
MK2 RS2000 X-pack Owner

spence is a chilled out guy he will be fine about it now but was not when he came off i am JUST making a point. thanks porkie least you understand wot im trying to get at
No problem as I said it wasn't intentional and tell Spence I apologise if I was out of order.

Mark
Old 11-07-2006, 08:40 PM
GVK.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 118 Likes on 111 Posts

Found this vid on another forum

http://media.putfile.com/RS-Day-2006
Old 11-07-2006, 09:42 PM
spenner
Regular Contributor

spacehoppers is right at the time i was annoyed as i was right along side you approaching camp and you would not yield so instead of endangering everybody i lifted and slowed down as my passenger was more important than anybodies pride .the problem with my car is although it is very quick round corners and on the brakes its only runs about 12 psi so its not that quick down the straights so when i appear behind people on the track they think im going to breeze past so they dont slow down on the straights and thats where the car struggles I realise its maybe not there fault that its not that quick but a little consideration would not go a miss Especially after we do a breifing about not overtaking in the braking zones