General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Did anybody else go to watch the DTM race at Brands today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 05:29 PM
andyhardy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did anybody else go to watch the DTM race at Brands today?

Hey all,

Got back a little while ago from the DTM round at Brands Hatch. Was a good day out, although I think for the £30 entry they could have arranged for more racing throughout the day - the BTCC rounds there are packed from morning until the early evening!

As for the DTM cars themselves, they were simply awesome and I can say that they are easily faster than the American Champ Cars around Druids! The only thing that let them down was the lack of a line up, with there only being 2 cars taking part today (the AMG Mercs and the Audi thingamiwotsits).

I also noticed that the DTM has much bigger support from the manufacturers, with alot of the usually general public area taken up by hospitality/HQs for the Mercedes and Audi teams being very similar to the McLaren motorhome/restaurant seen in the F1 paddock! Both Mercedes and Audi had very nice stands displaying replicas of the DTM race cars as well as special edition road cars for sale along with some high end stuff on display.

Overall, a good day out but due to lack of races and the fact they used the Indy circuit rather than the full GP circuit (you could visibly see the whole race was running below full usual race pace) means I'd give it a 6 out of 10.

Neil, who drove me up there today in his RS2000 took a load of pictures today so I'll try to get him to post them up later or will post them up myself.

So - did anybody else go to the DTM today and if so, what did you think of the day?

Cheers,

Andy
Old 02-07-2006, 06:42 PM
the saint

I was there mate and as i booked online it cost 25quid

i think it was good value for money when you consider a good prem football match cost`s more than 30quid and look at what you get for that...........

I was very impressed with the cars today what a noise

btw there was racing there yesterday as well as qualifing
Old 02-07-2006, 07:10 PM
andyhardy

Well, I have watched Rallycross at Lydden Hill for a tenner for the day and that's ram packed with racing (on the ONE day) and also have been to BTCC at Brands and Silverstone and that has also been rammed with racing all day. I was only stating that I thought the Sunday line up was a bit sparse in comparison to other races I've been to considering the price! Champ cars was the same price but was on at the same time as the BTCC events! As for the whole weekend thing, fair point but then some of us have got too much on to spend a whole weekend watching racing so I was looking at it from a 'day trip' perspective.

I still really enjoyed it though!

Pics will be up a bit later
Old 04-07-2006, 09:14 PM
andyhardy

I've managed to get the pictures off of Neil

He also managed to mis-aim some shots and got these...

:Q

Neil's got his own post up about it on the RS2000-16v.co.uk forum here -

http://www.rs2000-16v.co.uk/forum/to...TOPIC_ID=15318

Worth a visit if you own a mk5/6 RS2k

Was a good day, managed to get quite tanned as I remembered to re-apply suntan lotion throughout the day!

I think there may be some videos as well - will post them up tomorrow

Cheers,

Andy