General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

bloody call centres

Search this Thread

Old 29-06-2006, 07:59 PM
S3an
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default bloody call centres

im moving house tomorrow so been trying to arrange my internet connection to be switched over to the new address, simple you may say no fucking chance been trying since monday to phone talk talk, every time i ring its busy or i get put through to a call centre in fucking india, cant understand a word they are saying and they dont understand me either, eventually i get that pissed off that they dont understand me and just hang up on the folk. i know they are only doing there job but FFS this is so annoying
Old 29-06-2006, 08:04 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

One of the big companies (can't remember who they are TBH) have just shut their operations in India for this exact reason...............cost them millions in lost business as people left in droves as they were fucked off not being able to get their call sorted.

They'll all be pulling out soon.............I won't ring HSBC now.
Old 29-06-2006, 08:18 PM
PSL
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the funniest bit is when your talking to somebody from one of the call centres who is clearly struggling to speak English then you ask for their name and you get the response - Steve, Peter, Thomas etc.

So clearly not the case
Old 29-06-2006, 08:23 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep ive had the same problem a couple of times recently. I just ended up getting annoyed as they cant understand, hanging up and cancelling too. i asked to speak to someone who spoke proper english and they didnt even understand that.

As said, it wont be long before others follow suit and close middle eastern call centres.
Old 29-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

I understand WHY companies have their call centre;s in places like India - more people who want to work for less money.

But it is so fucking annoying when you can't get across what you are trying to say

What I DON'T understand is why these big companies don't seem to realise it doesn't or won't work having the call centre in India Surely they must realise that we can't understand them and that they can't understand us? I mean, if your operative can't understand your customer, whats the fucking point of having a call centre?