General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

WWE Fans - RIP Earthquake

Search this Thread

Old 17-06-2006, 09:33 PM
SimonT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WWE Fans - RIP Earthquake

Anyone remember when he "broke hulk hogans ribs"?

Unfortunaly the poor guy has died of cancer aged 42.

Not the best wrestler ever but defo one of the oldskool.

RIP
Old 17-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Sean_RS
Advanced PassionFord User

I remember him... RIP
Old 17-06-2006, 09:35 PM
MAD EVO 4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not good
Old 17-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

earthquake aka john tenta,

RIP
Old 17-06-2006, 09:54 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sad day
Old 17-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Snowy_Astra

Savage Used to watch it a bit when i was young. He was in the same time as tatanka and such like wasn't he. anyone know what happened to him?
Old 17-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Snowy_Astra
Savage Used to watch it a bit when i was young. He was in the same time as tatanka and such like wasn't he. anyone know what happened to him?
im sure tatanka has wrestled once or twice on raw or smackdown recently.
Old 17-06-2006, 10:06 PM
georgie1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

rip
Old 17-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Brookesy
10K+ Poster!!

Rip Earthquake, sad news that another old skool wrestler has died it wasnt long ago that the British Bulldog passed away
Old 17-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Brookesy
Rip Earthquake, sad news that another old skool wrestler has died it wasnt long ago that the British Bulldog passed away
and Eddie Guerrero earlier this year.
Old 17-06-2006, 10:16 PM
SimonT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

An another note its a good day for wrestling

DX are back!!!!
Old 17-06-2006, 10:19 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by SimonT
An another note its a good day for wrestling

DX are back!!!!
lol, i was buzzing when they took the spirit squad out, how sad, 28 years old and buzzing off the wrestling
Old 17-06-2006, 10:23 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Them Spirit Squad fookers do my head in
Old 17-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by TIFF
well your gona love vengance then tiff, cos DX are gona take them out again.
Old 17-06-2006, 10:31 PM
SimonT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

DX! DX! DX!
Old 17-06-2006, 10:33 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Originally Posted by Fiddy UK
well your gona love vengance then tiff, cos DX are gona take them out again.
Old 17-06-2006, 10:35 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Originally Posted by SimonT
DX! DX! DX!
I had a feeling they were coming back
Old 17-06-2006, 11:28 PM
~nomad~
PassionFord Post Whore!!

it was damn obvious they were coming back did anyone watch the ECW ppv?
Old 17-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

I remember him from my school days! Used to tag with Typhoon!

Old 17-06-2006, 11:32 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by Nomaderst
it was damn obvious they were coming back did anyone watch the ECW ppv?
i did
Old 18-06-2006, 11:01 AM
warleydaddy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Thrush
I remember him from my school days! Used to tag with Typhoon!

They were called natural disasters

I dont watch it any more,but ALWAYS look on the site for 10 mins to see the vids of whats been happening...

This is 1 you might like Tiff http://www.wwe.com/superstars/dgener...eatestmoments/

Remember a few of them from years gone by as a kid... The SGT Slaughter 1 is a CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete...
Old 18-06-2006, 11:05 AM
Benn 304R
10K+ Poster!!

Used to love watching them

ECW ppv was good, prefer that to wwe tbh as theres no stupid and rediculas story lines

Anyone know if ecw is being aired over here on scifi? couldnt find it this week
Old 18-06-2006, 11:11 AM
COMEDY DAN
No1 Blower.

Sad News.

I also remeber Hack Saw Jim Duggan and Scotty 2 Hotty
Old 18-06-2006, 11:14 AM
Benn 304R
10K+ Poster!!

there both still going
Old 18-06-2006, 11:21 AM
COMEDY DAN
No1 Blower.

Old 18-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Benn 304R
10K+ Poster!!

hack saw only makes the odd apperance but scotty still fights well acts
Old 18-06-2006, 11:25 AM
COMEDY DAN
No1 Blower.

Originally Posted by Benn 304R
hack saw only makes the odd apperance but scotty still fights well acts

Old 18-06-2006, 12:24 PM
FastFordChris

met earthquake on a few accations, was such a nice fella as well, did so much for the british scene.
Old 18-06-2006, 12:36 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Never heard of him

I used to watch the one with triple h, kurt angle, kane, undertaker etc think it was wwf? got bored of it when i realised it was all a big act
Old 18-06-2006, 12:54 PM
T4KAF

cant believe that,used 2 watch him as wee nipper,him and typhoon together!!! rip
Old 18-06-2006, 01:13 PM
DanRSturbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I used to watch it in my younger day's, got a few of the old dvd's

Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Million Dollar Man, Original Undertaker with Paul Bearer, "The Model" Rick Martell, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Bret "Hitman" Hart,

R.I.P Earthquake
Old 18-06-2006, 01:25 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

Originally Posted by GTi_iTG
got bored of it when i realised it was all a big act
YOU FUCKING WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you dont speak to your Mother with that mouth
Old 18-06-2006, 02:40 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by DanRSturbo
I used to watch it in my younger day's, got a few of the old dvd's

Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Million Dollar Man, Original Undertaker with Paul Bearer, "The Model" Rick Martell, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Bret "Hitman" Hart,

R.I.P Earthquake
woyah is a bit nuts if you believe the hype
he goes round school and colleges doing promotional speaches
pretty smart guy from the stuff i've seen, but his web site is just WAY WAY to intesne

http://www.ultimatewarrior.com/concept.htm

mahco man randy savage is still doing the rounds, he also had a bit part in spiderman and is romoured to be back on telly with a hogan stlye reality tv show

bobby weasel heenan has been recovering from cancer, but no plans to use him agauin in wwe/f promos other than his stint as a hall of fame 2006 inductee

millior dollan man ted debiase has gone all churchy on us, had a spell in the hall of fame cerimony too this year

under taker (also known as bikertaker when he went redneck and mean mark callous when he was wrestling before he joined the wwf, managed by teddy long no less, bet you didn't know that ) is getting on a bit, his knees have been giving him serious gyp over the past few years (vince banned the tombstone/reverse piledriver as a move for every other wrestler other than taker and kane after a series of people getting hurt) and he makes his appearances seldomly now
being banished by the great khali (what a stupid name, translated it means the great black woman and even though he speak punjabi he's gone from speaking arabic to hindi, but he does hail from a villiage just a ew miles away from my home town in punjab so he's practicaly family ) i think he'll probably come back to defeat him at mania 23

rick martell was rgeat in the can am connection, later teaming up with tito santana to form a highly succesfful tag team in the late 80's, turned on his tag team partner and went from being a much loved face to the heel everyone hated, and not just because they didn't like him in a wrestling sense, he becamae a bit of a prick

jake has had possibly the most rollercoaster ride of any wwf superstar in the past 20 years, ironicly earthquake crushed damien in his bag, but it's been an up and down of epic proportions for jake, a confessed junkie, he's lost everything to drugs, much loved and well respected amongst the peole who knew him back in the day, he's still ano holds barred type of guy
i think the biggest dissapointment was that he never held a belt in all his time, but he did get into the ring with alice cooper on his side once

bret has had a LOT of bad blood with vnce, ever since the infamous montreal incident, when vince came down and told the time keeper to ring the bell and make michael hikenbottom (hbk) the champ to stop bret going to wcw still being the wwf champ
bret said he wouldn't lose the title to hbk because he hated his guts (this was real hatred in the wwf locker room) but he would vacate the title after the match, the other option was to have someone else take the title from bret in his home town nonetheless, it all became a huge clusterfuck of epic proportions, not helped by bret locking vince in his office and knocking him out after the match
in the years that followd, vince met bret in a park, alone as per brets wishes, but vince also had a few dozen sharpshooters in the trees ready to take out bret if he looked like he was going to go to town on vince again
bret's brother, owne hart, died in a fall at a wwf ppv and he never forgave vince for carrying on with the show knowing that owen was dead and it's only recently that they have come to an understanding
bret's career was cut short by bill goldberg and a mule kick to the head, giving him a concussion and has led to a stroke, meaning bret will never get into the ring again

back to earthquake though, he teamed up with tugboat, who changed his name to typhoon after ambushing hulk hogan, tugboat had been hogans friend until then, ad they were an unstopable tag team. 2 400lb plus guys in the ring as partners just coun;td be matched

earthquake however, made his debut as a member of the audience, in a press up match between dino bravo and the original rock, the magnificent don murruco, as to who was the stongest man in the wwf
they (i say they, it was actually frenchie matrin, dino's manager who picked him) picked the biggest guy out of the crowd and dino did a few pressups first with him on his back
when it was don's turn, tenta dropped him quicktime, which led to a beatdown and that started a whole other chain of events

the late 80's early 90's was the gold age of wrestling, you knew it was made up, but you still watched it
nowadays, with the internet telling all, it's hard to keep track with who's doing what in the ring when they are a totaly different personality out n the real world

davey both smith, aka the british bulldog died because he was a druggie, eddie gurero died due to an enlarged heart due to his previous dabblings with hard rugs, dino bravo was shot dead when he was doing a drug deal ffs, the dinamyte kid, dave's partner in the british bulldogs, suffered a career ending ingury and his legacy is carried on with chris benwa

there are so manythings i could tell you about wrestling it's unreal, but after watching it for 22 years, it comes as no surprise that i'm a geek
Old 18-06-2006, 02:58 PM
Adrian
PassionFord Post Whore!!

http://deansplanet.com/deadwrestler.html
Old 18-06-2006, 04:36 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by GTi_iTG
I used to watch the one with triple h, kurt angle, kane, undertaker etc think it was wwf? got bored of it when i realised it was all a big act
thats the idea mate, its all scripted, ive always watched it for the entertainment value, and the story line's, like when they get beat up, its obviously not real, its all acting, like when phil mitchell got shot on eastenders, that wasnt real, but there was still all the 'who shot phil' stories in the paper's, if you want to watch real fighting watch ufc, if you want another soap opera to watch, watch wwf
Old 18-06-2006, 05:01 PM
TIFF
Chasing Radders

dojj

SUPERB write-up mate

Do tell the rest of the stories

Is that right about the Taker, having knee problems ect
Old 18-06-2006, 05:14 PM
FastFordChris

Is that right about the Taker, having knee problems ect

hes already had a new hip
Old 18-06-2006, 06:11 PM
dojj

takers had knee problems for a while now, and he wanted to slow down the schedule for years
being one of the guys who was loyal to vince during the monday night wars (wwf raw vs wcw nitro, ted turner and his billions and his telly stations and all that on one side, vince and his 1.1 billion on the other, ted made HUGE offers to all the wwf guys, thats why bret originaly left because he said to vince "ted has offered me this deal worth $20mill what can you offer me? and vince said "if he's giving you so much money, you go ahead and take it", thats why hogan, and a whole lot of others went there, ted gave them millions, but couldn't put on the show, vince made the shows, but couldn't offer the guys the money, eventually ted bowed out, when you have a 20,000 seater stadium and can only sell 500 tickets, you know your show is shit ) he became the leader of the locker room, had a lot of stroke with vince (stroke being the term they use for influence rather than some back door banditry shenanigans) about who he should hire, what way the storylines hsould go, who should get the push to the main stage , who would benifit from a move back to the deveolpment leagues like OVW etc
he was also one of the guys you could come to inthe locker room when people like bradshaw (JBL now) were giving you shit
the way vince used to punish guys when they were fucking him about was to book them inmatches with guys who worked "stiff" ie didn't pull their punches, bradshaw and faarooq were amongst the hardest guys backstage and everyone knew it, so when you were involved in a running fued with them you know you wern't in vinces good books
but bradshaw was one of those guys hwo would bully the newer members of the roster, making them do all sorts of stuff and he wasn't really liked that much backstage, even with everyone knowing baout it, jbl still kept his job
there was also an icident on a plane when they came back from doing the tour of england a few years ago, ad michael hayes (fabulous freebrid fame) amongst others got into a whole world of shit because of it

but taker is the guy to see, why do you think he's got a 14-0 streeak at wrestlemania when he's been up against the bosses son in law and father of his grandchild in a WM match?
hhh is one of the family, and yet taker can still pull rank on him when it comes to talking to vince

someone also mentioned tatanka, he's back on smackdown after a long hiatus, he's also famous for having possibly the longest winning streak on record from his debut, nearly 2 years, very impressive for back in the day, it owuld be impossible now, even dalip singh, with all his devestation, won't last that long without a loss to his name, especially if he goes to mania against taker

name any wrestler fro mthe wwf/e roster in the past 20 eyars and i'm sure i can find a story to tell you about them

for example, did you know that macho man randy savage was actual born randy poffo?
and his brother was leaping lanny? the poet lauriete of the wwf?
see
Old 18-06-2006, 06:25 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

RIP the big man

Use to love watching him and typhoon ( natural disasters )

Awww pure 90`s wrestling was briliant , my favs were the legion of dooooooooooooooooOOooooMMMmmmm
Old 18-06-2006, 06:29 PM
dojj

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh what a rush!!!!!!!!!!!

pity he died even more of a pity they used to show him pissed up and make it part of the routine for them

you evil bastard vince (but ratings is the name of the game)

Quick Reply: WWE Fans - RIP Earthquake