General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

RSOC Members Issues...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 03:07 PM
Nikki
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Less
But I have made freinds that are still my freinds from the RSOC and made enemys and sure I have mnade freinds and enenmy from Passionford its just the way its is some people will be happy with the way things are run and some people wont
So true,,,,ya just can't please everyone all of the time!!
Old 10-08-2004, 03:12 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Spiky
i for one will be going to the AGM this year and will be requesting

less static shows.
Top quality suggestion!! All those shows that are static like North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Essex? and IIRC South Yorkshire etc, lets sack them off cos they arent track days / strip days.. yeah!!!

Just because you dont like them, doesnt mean that the local group DOESNT have the right to put on whatever type of show they like!!!!

Not all local groups are lucky enough to be near a circuit / drag strip.

Your idea to have less static shows is a bit of a poor one imo!
Old 10-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

In other words you will find nice people who dont care about the politics or what car you drive and value any members opion.But on the flip side you will alway find people whos only intrest is themsleves.

Wont name the local groups I had dealings with as its not fair on the nicer membere of the groups
Old 10-08-2004, 03:56 PM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by SapphyMike

less static shows.
Top quality suggestion!! All those shows that are static like North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Essex? and IIRC South Yorkshire etc, lets sack them off cos they arent track days / strip days.. yeah!!!

Just because you dont like them, doesnt mean that the local group DOESNT have the right to put on whatever type of show they like!!!!

ok how many show did you attend this year so far???? well i have to 90% of them, dont get on your high horse with me, did you attend our show??? no dont think so, why????

my point, and the point i will stand up and say is, less static shows, and close groups should try and join together,
Old 10-08-2004, 04:11 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by SapphyMike

less static shows.

ok how many show did you attend this year so far???? well i have to 90% of them, dont get on your high horse with me, did you attend our show??? no dont think so, why????

my point, and the point i will stand up and say is, less static shows, and close groups should try and join together,
I will be honest and say at current i've attended 1, and i only attended as we were there as a trader. The next one i will be attending is the East Yorkshire show at the end of this month.

If close groups join together, and have a centralised show (for instance Yorkshire), then you may find attendences drop as not everyone plans on going to show, but merely see that there a show and think it'd be nice to wander round and see it.

I didnt attend your show as it is too far away! Plain and simple! This still does not give you the right to tell the RSOC what shows can and cant be run!

I am not on my high horse, i am merely expressing my oppinion on your idea of scrapping static shows. Am I not allowed to do this?
Old 10-08-2004, 04:13 PM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

so the fact i've been to 10+ shows already this year, says nothing???

but some could e joined to make bigger shows, attract more people make the show season much much better
Old 10-08-2004, 04:17 PM
TILLIO
Advanced PassionFord User

Spiky, calm do mate
Old 10-08-2004, 04:25 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

here, have a medal for attending 10+ shows.. well done...

I do and dont see your point.. we'll have to agree to disagree, but i expect that any local groups who put on static shows will be against it tbh.

But as is the case, you're allowed to your oppinion.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

i am calm

this is a discussion, and everyone has views
Old 10-08-2004, 04:30 PM
SapphyMike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

job done, i'm off home..
Old 10-08-2004, 04:31 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Tell you what makes me PMSL. All these poeple who think because they are not renewing their membership it will hurt the RSOC. TBH i dont think anyone gives a flying fook if you do or dont.

We join 'clubs' for our own different reasons. Insurance, being part of the scene and organising stuff, simply because you own an RS and like the mag/shows or because of the people you meet through it etc etc.
I didnt renew my membership in Feb when i got the letter as I DIDNT feel i wanted to....just like im not a goldie on here....cos I dont want to be..simple. I have just posted my membership form off for RSOC yesterday to rejoin cos now i feel i want to.

People what voice their views on the NET but dont phone the RSOC or attend AGMS and local group meets are whinging bags and nothing more.

My 2 pence worth anyway.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:42 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Did not rejion the RSOC to hurt them didnt have an RS car and was not attended the AGM coz its fecking miles away.Might rejion again might become a member of Passionford but at the end of the day I have far more important things happening in my life then whether I am a member of a sodding car club
Old 10-08-2004, 04:46 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

John,
As Lee has pointed out, if you can't be bothered to attend the AGM to put your point across, then you really aren't that bothered which way the club goes and are just a whinge-bag.

It is a 320mile round trip for me, and I attend to:
1. See what is going on / what changes are being made.
2. Voice my opinion if I think things are going good / bad.
3. Vote on important issues relating to the club.

If you are a member and want things changed, the AGM is the forum for doing so. And FYI, I am not a fan of the way things have been run (particularly regarding the website, which is why I am hardly ever on there), but I do understand how to get things aired, hence why I got to the AGM.

Believe me, when I say that following on from people's grievances, things HAVE been actioned (hard standing this year for regional groups etc).

As to comments regarding how things are run from a communication point of view, this is how things are done in any Limited company - at the AGM .
Old 10-08-2004, 04:52 PM
Rs Craig
land of the rising sun

Location: sheffield,home of james toseland world superbike champion

the rsoc is sinkin like the titanic people only keep their membership for the insurance scheme .The website is a joke 2 and i dont ushually bother goin on there anymore some of the committe are in it for personal gains but no doubt ill get slagged for this but who cares
Old 10-08-2004, 04:58 PM
Disabled Account
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
And FYI, I am not a fan of the way things have been run (particularly regarding the website, which is why I am hardly ever on there), but I do understand..............
Mike,

What is it about the website that you dont like?

I'm curious, as amongst all the forums that I visit the RSOC one is the ONLY one that wont work properly (signing on, pages wont display, links dont work etc).....now it MAYBE a problem with my computer/browser settings, but I have heard that others are having similar problems
Old 10-08-2004, 05:00 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zvhturbo
I think its good someone has raised the issue.

I will never re-join the RSOC, they seem to have become a stuck up bunch of pr1cks that are not interested in its members.

As i have just posted om the RSOC forum, unless you own something really special all us S1, S2, Cossie, Focus owners are just people putting money in there pockets.

The club is becoming just a club for the really special cars like the RS200's, RS500's etc.

Matt.

i'm sorry but that is a total load of shit and the word BANDWAGON comes to mind

And who the fook are you to say i'm jumping on the band wagon, your obviously so far up there arses your sticking up for them.

When I was a member i got nothing for the money, the insurance was a total load of w4nk and the reasons for continuing as a member were non existant.

I now own an XR3i Which i transfered all my RS Turbo parts over too and have massivly modified, in my eyes its a RS Turbo.
The RSOC refused membership as i had the wrong chassis number to be in their club, and thats the main reason i will never go back to them.

PassionFord does not refuse membership to owners of Vauxhall, Nissan etc etc so why are they so stuck up to not allow there existing members to continue just because they have changed car???
Sorry But unless it says RS on logbook then this argument is a fucking waste of time......Buy a log book, they aint expensive

Passionford is not a club is it ?

RS Owners Club - does exactly what it says on the tin mate
Old 10-08-2004, 05:07 PM
Rs Craig
land of the rising sun

Location: sheffield,home of james toseland world superbike champion

a club that used to be for members now just existsts to make money and give certain lifestyles to certain members
Old 10-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

ROFL@Spikey getting all defensive jus cause hes nailing one of the RSOC organisation people
Old 10-08-2004, 05:44 PM
Smudge
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Sorry but after 11 years of RS ownership I have jumped ship. Reason being that the RSOC is not the same as it was before, my local group (South Wales) is great and I will still go to the meets just to see everyone as I have made some really good friends (oh yea and Spikey ) but this limiting cars at shows is bollox, you dont have to be a clever coont to work out that 12 cars per group wont work, the arguements in our club alone (Prob behind seens) is terrible. Yea ok I didnt go to the AGM but I know that South Wales Committee Members attended. Also I think the committee members (Main Club) are to far up each others arse to care about the club. The valuations given on cars is also fooking nonsense and bollox. Was told by the 4x4 sapphire registrar a few years ago that bob deacon had rung him to basically say keep the valuations down

There is more but I cant be arsed like the RSOC cant really be arsed abouts its members so I all can say is and its the end of the road for me for the future.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:50 PM
Switch
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I have put my 2 pence on the link.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:51 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well ive just put my views forward,spose ill be banned from the RSOC bb again
Old 10-08-2004, 06:50 PM
Shings
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I care not to comment... those that know me know what I think

Jake
(contradicting himself)
Old 10-08-2004, 07:51 PM
plynchy
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been a member of the RSOC for 10 years now,and what have i got out of it? Not a great deal apart from some cracking weekends away,a nice car,loads of parts and advice,very good(cheap)trackdays,cheap insurance,Saturday tickets for nat. day(!) etc. Not actively involved with my local group as i used to be and found them to be rather odd. Have met several peeps from other groups who are sound.

If you don't want to join,don't.Simple.
Without the RSOC would Pf exist? Not dissing Pf at all as it's a far better BB,but thats all it is as far as i'm concerned. (Does this mean i'm banned now??)
Old 10-08-2004, 07:56 PM
SPADGE
15K+ Super Poster!!

Banned form the site and the club so i can't even read the thread that started this
Therefore i have no comment.............for now
Old 10-08-2004, 07:57 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

I will never re-join the RSOC, they seem to have become a stuck up bunch of pr1cks that are not interested in its members.

As i have just posted om the RSOC forum, unless you own something really special all us S1, S2, Cossie, Focus owners are just people putting money in there pockets.

The club is becoming just a club for the really special cars like the RS200's, RS500's etc.

Matt.
Well bloody sed!!!!!!!! Ł30 for sod all per year imho
Old 10-08-2004, 08:01 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by the sludge

Matt.
Well bloody sed!!!!!!!! Ł30 for sod all per year imho
I run the derby group, we are into track mainly and not static concours stuff....motorsport stuff and fast cars.....i welcome all people, members or not to our meets....

WTF am i prick ?

RS500 and 200's are mint, i hate festa's yet had a couple in the group, do i give them shit about it......NO.....
Old 10-08-2004, 08:01 PM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I was in a swimming club once.

I got a badge.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:08 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

Originally Posted by paddy1977

I got a badge.
pmsl.

so we all gotta join the Derby group then, cos you the only one interested with no preferential treatment to peeps
Old 10-08-2004, 08:08 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

Originally Posted by TILLIO
I know that ford never made an RS cabrio, but sum dumb bitch e-mailed back, sayin theres no point in registering as you havn't got a "Proper RS"

Fook me, mines probably more complete than some of the cut-an-shut bean tin S2 registetred on there

Joke IMO, only registered no the bord to check some posts out that are put in here
well sed Till. Ya car sweet man
Old 10-08-2004, 08:13 PM
JBcos
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by the sludge
Originally Posted by paddy1977

I got a badge.
pmsl.

so we all gotta join the Derby group then, cos you the only one interested with no preferential treatment to peeps
no preferential treatment to peeps at South Wales group infact we have a very happy group with no little clicks that welcome all new comers rs owners or not and its a group that attend as many shows as they want throughout the year and its a group that i believe supports the majority of other regional and national events. you can be as much a part of the whole scene as you want to be.

As for smudge he wont be happy unless he owns a doughnut on wheels
Old 10-08-2004, 08:18 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

JB, i gonna join with u dude then!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2004, 08:20 PM
JBcos
PassionFord Post Troll

your welcome
Old 10-08-2004, 08:25 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

nice one thanks! I'll get rich rs2k as well then to cum along
Old 10-08-2004, 09:51 PM
Mul@AMS
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by SPADGE
Banned form the site and the club so i can't even read the thread that started this
Therefore i have no comment.............for now
What a legend
Why's that en spage
Old 11-08-2004, 07:51 AM
deleted
10K+ Poster!!

Location: learnin to build a yb lump properly in dennis's garage

i have been a member for 4 yrs but did not renew this year its lossing its appeal big time and there are some very two faced people running it( the main man!!!) to be honest i dont miss much about the club the insurance was crap, rallye news is very average.
prefer the pf meets a lot more easy going and everyone is welcome amen
Old 11-08-2004, 08:56 AM
Wazzzer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I will never join, the main reason being is the accounts that got leaked a few years ago. If any club claiming to support its members pays the chairman and a few other select people that much to attend and organise a show I don't want to be part of it.

It seemed a bit of a coincedence that teh RSOC BB shut down soon after this, thats one way of silencing your critics I suppose...

*cue the slating*
Old 11-08-2004, 06:37 PM
Gizmo

there are some very two faced people running it( the main man!!!)

Out in the open what

Same to Nikki
Old 11-08-2004, 08:09 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Wes,

In slight defence of the club, I believe that accounts are readily available should you ask to see them, and the statements are published and distributed at the AGM.

I just think it was a case of no-one bothering to look!
Old 11-08-2004, 08:43 PM
deleted
10K+ Poster!!

Location: learnin to build a yb lump properly in dennis's garage

Originally Posted by Gizmo
there are some very two faced people running it( the main man!!!)

Out in the open what

Same to Nikki
i have replied to your pm chris as i think in fairness to you it shouldnt be discussed on a bb, and besides iam getting really fed up with the grief it has caused in the past .
Old 12-08-2004, 07:45 AM
Nikki
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Same to me what Chris?? Airing my views and comments

You asked for things to be discussed, they are being discussed.
A lot of people know what went on behind the scene's of the club when all the sh*t hit the fan,,,,so why hide it! To be honest, can't see a problem with it. Things are going ok now ay,,,,,so there!

And who was it that said when we was all on the committee and done our 1st regional show, "they'll never do it",,,,,if I recall rightly, don't think thats the right kind of support from someone in your position. Just like the same comments I've read from the Central Group.

So please don't come here throwing it all back in mine and Grants faces, its not fair. Others have put worse. Its been months since we left, don't care what happens, what they do or how they do it.

To be honest I've got better and far more important things going on in my life right now

x x x