General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Tiredness

Search this Thread

Old 17-05-2006, 06:06 PM
EssexBoyRacer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tiredness

Anyone else find they are tired all the time? And has overcome it?

My sleep patterns are quite jumbled up, I get around 6 - 7 hours sleep a night in the week. But find I'll usually end up nodding off earler in the nite from anything to 1 hour up to all evening! I get up at 4.30am on tuesdays and perhaps that knocks my sleep patterns out. But Im also wondering if Im missing something in my diet? like iron? Or perhaps im in taking too much caffeen?

Any other factors that I should be considering? Does the amount of sunlight you take in in a day affect how you feel? I work in an office where access to sunlight is almost non existant.

I know excercise can actually make you feel better but I used to reguarly go to the gym 4 nites a week with around 2 hour sessions each nite and have found that increasingly hard to maintain - Im down to barely one nite a week at the gym!
Old 17-05-2006, 06:08 PM
RSKim
15K+ Super Poster!!

Firstly 8 hours is the recomened hours of sleep
APPARENTLY exercise is the best thing to do BUT they say its better to push yourself in 30 mins, than to do 1 hour - 2 hours workout

not much else you can do, but things like diet, illness, anything can contribute....
Old 17-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Markb_s1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

drinking doesn't help get good reat. if you're ntop sleeping long, i would recommend gaba. it helps to induce rem sleep so although you may not get much kip, you can still feel refreshed in the morning. look out for pretty trippy dreams though!
Old 17-05-2006, 06:41 PM
RichardC
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

check your blood sugar levels as the onset on diabetes (sp) causes tiredness etc.
Old 17-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

I've been suffering with exhaustion for the last couple weeks, and I think I am simply burning myself out at work...

I get up at 6:30, leave for work at 7, get in at 8am, then it's non-stop physical work till 6pm - and I mean non stop!

Get home 7pm-ish, and find myself nodding off in front of the PC or TV often at about 8/8:30 pm for a couple hours. Then, to get everything else done, it's midnight or so before I get to bed, so say asleep by 12:30/1am, then up at 6:30 again....

It probably doesn't help that most evenings I don't eat when I get in. I'll usually skip breakfast aswell, just eat around midday (sandwich or burger or something, typical "on the go" food/meal/whatever) and thats about it. If I am REALLY hungry I might have a sandwhich when I get in but thats it.

I barely drink these days aswell - 2 pints a week? If I go out on a Friday and don't drive then might have 4/5 pints, but otherwise it's one on a Friday and one on a Saturday...
Old 17-05-2006, 06:53 PM
EssexBoyRacer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

thrush your routine sounds similar to mine except - my work is office based and I do hardly any physical work while at work - all though we are under a fair bit of pressure with workloads at the moment and that can be mentally tiring.

And if I dont get breakfast in the morning I normally get one of those all in one crunchy nut cornflakes when I get into work. And I always have dinner.
Old 17-05-2006, 07:04 PM
bigwelshlad
Advanced PassionFord User

be careful mate. i have been strongly advise to get a grip on myself over the last few years by my GP as there is diabetes type 2 in the family. i have never been tested for it though and guess that being my size i might possibly suffer from it, but i really dont wanns know. thats just me, but wise words from me says to get it all seen to by a doc !
Old 17-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Mate im exactley the same as you!!! Tired all the time and i cant see why, i have book in to see the doctor next week to make sure everything is all alright and i am getting correct sugar level etc. I cant see why im so tierd as i get 8hrs sleep etc.
Old 17-05-2006, 07:13 PM
bigwelshlad

aye good on you rhys mate ! get it seen to. look at me giving out health advice - i am my own worst enemy !
Old 17-05-2006, 08:18 PM
EssexBoyRacer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Im also a big lad, I was nearly 20 stone at one point!

Got down to 16st10lb before I started slacking at the gym and my diet and am up to around 17st10lb at the moment.
Old 17-05-2006, 08:24 PM
bigwelshlad

Originally Posted by EssexBoyRacer
Im also a big lad, I was nearly 20 stone at one point!

Got down to 16st10lb before I started slacking at the gym and my diet and am up to around 17st10lb at the moment.
good to hear you lost weight in the first place, but as i know its so easy to gain. mate i'm only 5ft 5 odd but i am more than 30 stone at the moment only coz of my beers and burgers lifestyle ! i really dont advise you to gain more weight at the moment as it is so problematic for me now, as you might know i am a buider and have two lads working with me but my back gives out so much now that i dont end up doing much of the physical labour myself. this is good advice and i know i need to take most of it onboard myself but its not bleeding easy i should know.

good luck with all your efforts and hope you have a happy and healthy future !
Old 17-05-2006, 08:56 PM
EssexBoyRacer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Cheers pal, Im 26 this year, desperately trying to shed some weight before it gets really difficult!
Old 17-05-2006, 09:12 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im the same , obviously work related , at weekends im up and about , but find my self wanting a sleep about 2pm , at work have no motovation etc , i really dunno whats wrong with me , generally get 7 hrs sleep a night , but feel shattered all the time when i wake i feel s if i have had 3 hrs sleep man
Old 17-05-2006, 09:14 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

My health freek girlfriend puts it down to eating and boozing !!!

Surely shes not right man
Old 17-05-2006, 09:17 PM
joel_winders
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

its amazing how we all feel the same but dont realise it, i find it really hard to get up in a morning and find myself going to sleep at about 6pm after work. im thinking about going seeing my doc to try and find out the problem .
Old 17-05-2006, 09:22 PM
Keith B

Here's my advise:

Avoid caffeine - as dependence on it makes u tired and it encourages spikes of high and low blood sugar.

Avoid alcohol late in the evening as it disrupts your sleep patterns.

Avoid a nap when you get in from work as that'll jsut stop you from getting a good nights sleep later on.

Aim for 6-8hrs of uninterupted sleep per night (So dont go drinking a ton of liquid late at night as you'll be up and down to the loo)

TV and the PC can wait. Go to bed early, get your sleep and if you wake up early then watch whatever you taped or do the net thing then.
Old 17-05-2006, 09:26 PM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Is stress / worry the cause of any of this? Since i've worked for myself im finding myself a lot more tired etc and struggling to get up in the morning (used to get up at 5:30am every morning without a prob, now struggle for 7:30am!).

Chris
Old 17-05-2006, 10:02 PM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

I'm tired ALL the time. I can go to bed early and wake up at 5am and not be able to get back to sleep. Plus actually getting to sleep when I go to bed is a real challenge.

If I go to bed late and plan to sleep in, it doesn't happen. Still awake around 5/6am.

I'm just left so tired all the time and I've had enough of it.
Old 18-05-2006, 08:56 AM
Jonzy

I been suffering the same problems for years, come home @ 5.30 - usually fall asleep on the sofa for an hour or so, sometimes all evening. But dont sleep well, usually dont actaully sleep more of a doze. Try and sleep then at nite in bed but again its not really sleeping.

Up @ 7.30, joint & cuppa and off to work. By 3.30pm im usually falling asleep at my desk.

Doctor was totally useless and just tried sticking me on anti-depressants
Old 18-05-2006, 09:45 AM
diamond white
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Default tiredness prob

Hello my friend welcome to the club i to have/had the same prob
1st Are you over weight ?
2nd If yes would say the weight gain is unexplained ?
3rd Do suffer frequent headaches ?
4th Do you note any sortness of breath ?
5th And what age are you ?
I had these and on the advise of the company nurse to visit my doctor after having a routine blood pressure test etc.
This i did he found after blood tests etc that i had high blood pressure, high colesterol, and also a low active thyroid gland.
All the above is now being treated with medication and i feel a lot better, i still nod in the chair occassionaly but i am alot better than i was
Old 18-05-2006, 09:55 AM
EssexBoyRacer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

1. Yes
2. No have always been a big lad. Im not my heaviest anymore
3. occasionally yes, i've been putting this down to eyestrain.
4. not generally no, but I noticed the other day I climbed 3 flights of stairs and was knackard by the time I got to the top. Yet with the gym activity I was doing before this shouldnt have been a problem at all.
5. 25.
Old 18-05-2006, 10:19 AM
richj
PassionFord Regular

Default Re: tiredness prob

Originally Posted by diamond white
Hello my friend welcome to the club i to have/had the same prob
1st Are you over weight ?
2nd If yes would say the weight gain is unexplained ?
3rd Do suffer frequent headaches ?
4th Do you note any sortness of breath ?
5th And what age are you ?
I had these and on the advise of the company nurse to visit my doctor after having a routine blood pressure test etc.
This i did he found after blood tests etc that i had high blood pressure, high colesterol, and also a low active thyroid gland.
All the above is now being treated with medication and i feel a lot better, i still nod in the chair occassionaly but i am alot better than i was

Thats me fucked , yes to all of the above and I'm only 25.

Even if I get a good nites sleep at the weekend I still berly have enough energy to cut the fucking grass
Old 18-05-2006, 10:33 AM
Jonzy

1 - no
3 - yes all the time
4 - yes, but i likes the ganj
5 - 25 going on 50
Old 18-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Cola
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I'm iron deficient and it makes you tres knackered. Best to get it checked out I say.
Old 18-05-2006, 12:52 PM
RONNIE AMIS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

it could be down to stress steve, im no expert though but if your stressed out why would u want to get up for another shitty day! thats how i feel most days
Old 18-05-2006, 01:26 PM
dangerous - reyland

i get up at 5 am travel from Brum to London - work for 7:15ish

return journey just after 5pm in the house abt 6:45

3 gym sessions per week, 97kg, 42 this year

& i feel ........

............ fooked
Old 18-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Keith B

Stress can definetly give you the kind of tiredness you're talking about.

I used to have an insanely stressful job and just like some of you say I'd come home from work, take a nap then when I woke the next morning I'd still be cream crackered. I have a low stress job now and exercise alot more and now I have loads of energy. I cut back on crappy food and caffeine.
The joint smoking isnt going to help the dude who's doing that. leave that for the students who dont know better.
Old 18-05-2006, 04:52 PM
bigwelshlad

1. Yes
2. No have always been a big lad. Im not my heaviest anymore
3. occasionally yes, i've been putting this down to eyestrain.
4. not generally no, but I noticed the other day I climbed 3 flights of stairs and was knackard by the time I got to the top. Yet with the gym activity I was doing before this shouldnt have been a problem at all.
5. 25.
well i think i do have type 2 diabetes but very affraid of what the doc will say

1. yes
2. at almost 31stone now i am at my biggest
3. yes
4. any lifts available ?
5. 30
Old 18-05-2006, 04:54 PM
bigwelshlad

Cheers pal, Im 26 this year, desperately trying to shed some weight before it gets really difficult!
yes mate would try to as i have put on a good 10 stone over the last few years mate. metabolism deffo changes when you get towards 30
Old 18-05-2006, 05:05 PM
EssexBoyRacer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Well I got almost 9 hours sleep last nite.

I've been working from home today and ended up having a snooze at lunch time And generally felt tired all day with absolutely no energy or inclination to even put my clean clothes away in the wardrobe!

Im begening to think its stress related as I've always found when things get tough I just wanna have a kip!
Old 18-05-2006, 05:11 PM
Keith B

The thing I found about stress is that you dont even sleep well. So you could get 6hours or 9hours but you still wake up feeling knackered.

Exercise is a great stress reducer - find something you like doing and give it absolute death then see if you feel anymore relaxed.
Old 18-05-2006, 05:13 PM
EssexBoyRacer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

re: excercise, thats something thats really suffered since I switched from working locally and going to the gym straight after work to working in the city and comming home first before going to the gym.

Im thinking of joining a gym near my work in the hope that I'll use it more often.
Old 18-05-2006, 05:27 PM
bigwelshlad

Well I got almost 9 hours sleep last nite.

I've been working from home today and ended up having a snooze at lunch time And generally felt tired all day with absolutely no energy or inclination to even put my clean clothes away in the wardrobe!

Im begening to think its stress related as I've always found when things get tough I just wanna have a kip!
good to hear you had a good 9 hours last night. i regularly only get 3 or 4 a night.
Old 18-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Keith B

Thats a good idea - spending some cash on a gym membership and evn going as far as getting a personal trainer is a good way to make sure you keep it up. Get the stress and fat down, equalise the whole blood suagr/insulin thing out. More energy, less tiredness. Happier life, better health - job done and more time to rip about in the RS
Old 18-05-2006, 07:49 PM
EssexBoyRacer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well its getting on for 9pm now and Im more awake than I've been all day!

my bodyclock is totally screwed up I think!
Old 18-05-2006, 08:04 PM
rabmc
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I know what the problem is guys and girls

FORDS

Old 19-05-2006, 04:57 PM
bigwelshlad

well its getting on for 9pm now and Im more awake than I've been all day!

my bodyclock is totally screwed up I think!
our bodies are amazing things and we are all different in many ways but i truely hope you find you a mor relaxed soon mate !