General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Interesting discussion: please contribute...

Search this Thread

Old 17-05-2006, 02:32 PM
jumpin jack crash
its a gas gas gas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1) Whats the problem?
Why cant you type a message without using that word?

i think everyone can type a sentence without using it but its a common word used by most people these days

2) Most websites you use ban ALL swear words. Would you rather we ban them all so we have a little more conformity, surely that would save you feeling that banning just the one word was over the top.

swearing is part of life imo so would be very nazi-ish to say we couldnt use a single swear word again, would be a bit pointless tbh as it wouldnt solve anything

3) Would you prefer that we unbanned it?

i would prefer it to be unbanned as i dont think banning it has solved the problem of people not using it, everyones gonna find a way around using it in some form or another and theres not much point of the mods trying to hunt down evryone that has said cunt as not everyone is gonna be seen by them plus it makes a fun site into a chore for them, yes your gonna have people who will say its a disgusting word and yes they gotta point to some degree. but we have to remember here that were all big boys and big girls and a bit of name calling aint gonna end the world
Old 17-05-2006, 02:46 PM
cossiecrew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

1) Whats the problem?

you cant type it without getting banned surely thats the answer to that one ? and yes i can type a whole sentence without one swear word if i wished to just cant see whats the big problem with fox hunt lol

2) Most websites you use ban ALL swear words. Would you rather we ban them all so we have a little more conformity, surely that would save you feeling that banning just the one word was over the top.

passionfords seemed to have got along with the use of the word for a long time now why the sudden need to change?

yes as it dosent offend me and has been used here for years
Old 17-05-2006, 02:53 PM
neilm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vroooom ptssssh
It's not banned in public, so why ban on a public forum because a minority think it is a naughty word

Try standing in public shouting 'cvnt' for half an hour and see how many think its a 'naughty word'....

Some cvnt will probably tell you to shut the furk up......
Old 17-05-2006, 02:53 PM
cossiecrew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
Originally Posted by Big G
We will have a vote in the ladies room and see what the ladies think nowadays, so i will go and do that right now and you lot can await the outcome.
Show us a pic of you in your Basque and Sussies entering the bints bit Stu
2 secs....

Ah...

Close enough.... Im in!

lmfao
Old 17-05-2006, 02:55 PM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Originally Posted by cossiecrew

passionfords seemed to have got along with the use of the word for a long time now why the sudden need to change?

yes as it dosent offend me and has been used here for years
Afraid you're wong there on both counts....

Ok, the way i see it, it was only the ladies who found the word a problem in the first place, and that was back when we only had around 1000members, and now we have around 21000 so the rule needs a review.
Old 17-05-2006, 02:59 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Re: Interesting discussion: please contribute...

couldnt care either way to be honest, theres much more important things to worry about
Old 17-05-2006, 03:27 PM
arkley
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Redkop
1) Whats the problem?

I can and always have done. I don't find the word offensive when talking with mates and it's used, but I do when it's written.
WTF? Just because it's written means it's offensive? How the fuck does that work?
Old 17-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by neilm
Originally Posted by vroooom ptssssh
It's not banned in public, so why ban on a public forum because a minority think it is a naughty word

Try standing in public shouting 'cvnt' for half an hour and see how many think its a 'naughty word'....

Some cvnt will probably tell you to shut the furk up......
There is actually a game played in the city like that! its normally played by city wankers after dinner and a LOAD of drinks in a posh restaurant. It starts with one person whispering the word. The person next to them has to say it slightly louder and then the person next to them louder again. It keeps going around the table on until someone bottles it and they have to pay the entire bill.

I heard that a entire firm got banned from a place as one game got so out of hand that someone was actually standing on their chair jumping up and down whilst screaming 'C @ N T' as loud as they could!

I actually think its pretty wanky behaviour to be honest but could kinda see how it would be pretty funny to some people
Old 17-05-2006, 03:53 PM
frog
0-60 in 17 seconds (eek)

Originally Posted by Porkie
I actually think its pretty wanky behaviour to be honest but could kinda see how it would be pretty funny to some people
Yup, funny sat here, or, maybe in said restaurant with a group of good friends, not so funny if you've taken the mother in law or your parents along, telling them how great a restaurant it is.
Old 17-05-2006, 03:54 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

I know of a company where all the managers think it's clever to use the word all the time, even the women do. Puts you off dealing with them really.
Old 17-05-2006, 03:56 PM
Taz
Visitor from the Darkside

Stu,

I think it is funny as there are a lot more important things in life!!!!!!!!

However on one of the other pages you state you want all of the letters together and certain notations and abbreviations are allowed so why is Kev Sharp banned then as he did not put all four letters together? There were a lot of the same letter in the middle which in my opinion is the same thing as the ones deemed to be OK.

Anyway as I said I dont really use the word, especially on forums but thats up to me.

I dont think Kev knows how long he has been banned for but if it is a week then to all he says "C U Next Tuesday" !!!!!

Graham
Old 17-05-2006, 04:06 PM
neilm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Porkie
There is actually a game played in the city like that! its normally played by city wankers after dinner and a LOAD of drinks in a posh restaurant. It starts with one person whispering the word. The person next to them has to say it slightly louder and then the person next to them louder again. It keeps going around the table on until someone bottles it and they have to pay the entire bill.

I heard that a entire firm got banned from a place as one game got so out of hand that someone was actually standing on their chair jumping up and down whilst screaming 'C @ N T' as loud as they could!

I wouldnt know anything about that kind of thing Mr Manning sir..... me being from the country and all......
Old 17-05-2006, 04:11 PM
gurnE
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I have noted quite a few people moaning lately that they cant say the word cunt and are accusing the moderators of being power mad and overzealous by enforcing this solitary rule.... so:

My Questions:

1) Whats the problem?

1. It's just a word imo, no worse than any other swear word so I don;t see why it can;t be used when appropriate.

2. Yes, banning all swearwords or allowing all swearwords would make alot more sense which ever option I have no problem with.

3. See 2.

Personally swearing is just another part of the English vocab and whilst I don't use it alot in my posts I do swear.

Wouldn't be overly bothered if all swear words were banned however as it would mean I am more comfortable browsing at work.

It does seem daft to ban one word due to a few over sensitive birds
Old 17-05-2006, 04:14 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Dont see a problem with any swear words so i think it should be unbanned
Old 17-05-2006, 04:28 PM
Anonymous
Banned

My Questions:

1) Whats the problem?

1.....Because its fuck off funny and by you banning it,is just causing unessecary stress for you lot

2.....Those websites are childrens ones or places where many many children use we taking under 10's!..Or the Admin has an elderly Grandad that uses the site and he fought in the War.

3.....Off course what is this place?We are mainly adults here and shouldnt be banned just because of one word...well 2 in my case the other has 4 letters and begins with a C and is very similar
Old 17-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Taz

HOW come Phil is back before Kev??????????????????

Anyone want to answer this?????????????
Old 17-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Anonymous
Banned

I am fucking Stu.
Old 17-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Old 17-05-2006, 04:38 PM
Taz

Originally Posted by Bosch-Man
I am fucking Stu.
I thought you were Ima, Ima racing 500, Ima racing 700, Bosch-man.......oh bugger it you could be him!!!!!

Old 17-05-2006, 04:42 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Taz

Whats all teh bloody mad faces for? Maybe Kev has better fooking things to do than sit on here?
Old 17-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Jemma
Dan's Ass Kicker

Another site i go on has a full naughty word ban.. if you write a swear word it changes to somethin silly like donkey
If i do swear i normally * to some of the letters.. then wash my mouth out
Old 17-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Taz

Whats all the bloody mad faces for? Maybe Kev has better fooking things to do than sit on here?

Yes maybe he is cleaning a caravan
Old 17-05-2006, 04:44 PM
ronf42
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I have noted quite a few people moaning lately that they cant say the word cunt and are accusing the moderators of being power mad and overzealous by enforcing this solitary rule.... so:

My Questions:

1) Whats the problem?

1) I think the word is used as it can have a powerful meaning but there are other words that may be used in its place

2) NO dont ban all swear words, it is one of the things about this site that we are given such freedom of use of language.

3) I doesn't offend me in the slightest BUT it has caused offence to some of the other members, and we should respect that
Old 17-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Taz

Originally Posted by Taz

Whats all the bloody mad faces for? Maybe Kev has better fooking things to do than sit on here?
Its OK Stu I aint mad at all. I meant to put smilies in there too but my missus called my tea ready and I got all excited as usual

Anyway I have asked a couple of questions as to how long etc and no mod has answered so I suppose the question still stands but without the mad faces mate!

Graham
Old 17-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Anonymous
Banned

...i beleived it caused offence to 2 women out of like 12000 members. ...and they dont even use this site anymore do they RagTop???
Old 17-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Taz

Originally Posted by Taz

Yes maybe he is cleaning a caravan
Or selling Cossie bits on ebay that have been confiscated in a fashion raid!!!
Old 17-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Maybe its time for another vote Stu?
Old 17-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Taz

Yes....unban Mr Sharp....lol

As I stated before it is only the tinternet and I dont really care if the word is banned or not.
Old 17-05-2006, 04:51 PM
STUCOS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

OK stu we are all grown adults on here,or at least some of us are,some ppl take the bite to easy,but isnt,fuck,wanker,prick,piss flaps etc not as rude or worse than the c word ,but as you say we can all string a sentence along with out swearing

cheeRS stu
Old 17-05-2006, 04:55 PM
trevCOSS
Advanced PassionFord User

1) Whats the problem?

I can but i dont have a problem with other people using it, the word doesnt offend me its more the context its used in that offends people.

Definately not, its occasionally usefull to be able to swear it helps people to express there emotions and strong feelings.

Yes as the forum rules if followed properly stop any bullying etc, dont see how having this word banned adds to the forum and having it back would not detract from the forum imo.
Old 17-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Yeah, i vote Phil reads teh whole topic and realises there is a vote going on RIGHT now as we type, and has been for hours... lol

The decision is being made by the ones who had it banned to start with, and the outcome will be decided when a majority decision is known.
Old 17-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Originally Posted by Taz
Originally Posted by Taz

Its OK Stu I aint mad at all. I meant to put smilies in there too but my missus called my tea ready and I got all excited as usual
LOL. Not a problem pal.
As for your questions, maybe the MOD in question has a JOB?
Taz

Yeah, i vote Phil reads the whole topic and realises there is a vote going on RIGHT now as we type, and has been for hours... lol

The decision is being made by the ones who had it banned to start with, and the outcome will be decided when a majority decision is known.
Did you see my reply Stu???? It feels like you maybe took my post to heart!

Graham
Phil DJ
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

The way i look at it is that whether u keep it banned or unban it, it will always be an ongoing problem regardless.

I can personally type sentences without that word or any swear word and i don't find that word offensive at all.

If some one was to call me a c-unit or a fat bastard i'd find fat bastard more offensive imo
Old 17-05-2006, 05:03 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Originally Posted by Taz
Yeah, i vote Phil reads the whole topic and realises there is a vote going on RIGHT now as we type, and has been for hours... lol

Graham
See the post above yours Graham. No "personal" offence taken, just discussion as always mate.
Old 17-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Taz

Originally Posted by Taz

Graham
See the post above yours Graham. No "personal" offence taken, just discussion as always mate.
You were too quick for me Stu, I never noticed your post. It is usually me that is too quick, well so the wife says

Graham
Old 17-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Keith B
Advanced PassionFord User

I think it should be banned - at the end of the day this is a public forum and some people allow their kids to view it say when they have a project/restoration that the kids are helping with. I certainly wouldnt want my kids exposed to that.

Women find it particularly offensive - so why offend them?!

Restraining yourself from using a ton of swear words is hardly difficult, jsut use a little imagination and vocabulary.

Why not have 2 general discussion areas - one where you can say anything and another thats mostly swear word free. It'd be interesting to see who uses which ones
Old 17-05-2006, 05:08 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by DaveEscos
SMELLY HAIRY HOT WET DRIPPING MINGE

I find that much worse than the C word imo
Old 17-05-2006, 05:13 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ban them all or dont ban any, cant see how one word can make so much difference to people. To be honest a poll in just the womens room is wrong as that causes a divide straight away and if we have 21000 I would guess around only 10% are women.

If passionford is about freedom of speech then all words must be able to be used otherwise its just censorship. Can we not implement a system where you have the option to turn a swear filter on?

Quick Reply: Interesting discussion: please contribute...