General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Interesting discussion: please contribute...

Search this Thread

Old 17-05-2006, 10:52 AM
sbd16v
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve200+
Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments

: C*nt.
: Yes, we get it! You're a fat c-unt.
: And he says Cun.t a lot
: thick c000nt!!
: C**T!!!
: c*nt then
Sorry Steve, thats never been a problem, we are looking for the the letters . all together mate. Maybe read the rules?
I thought I did : https://passionford.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=169267

Sorry mate, wrong end of the stick then... just that I was classing cun.t and c-unt as 'circumventing the swear filter'... But it ain't my board! I accept your and will now shut up
just what i was thinking lmao

so because we type c.unt that makes it no longer offencive
Old 17-05-2006, 10:55 AM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To Me C.U.NT is offensive

Cooo.o.oont is funny
Old 17-05-2006, 11:02 AM
sbd16v
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by JohnnyB
To Me C.U.NT is offensive

Cooo.o.oont is funny

can you explain what you find offensive about it ???
Old 17-05-2006, 11:06 AM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well its harsh realy I would not use it in day to day speak at work with people I know. But I have been known to use it with people i have never spoking to face to face. eg this board

It dependeds how the board wishes to prtray its self
Old 17-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Lo@der
Passionford Thread Killer

Is this just a way to let ppl write c*nt 1000 times in one thread and get it out there system?
Old 17-05-2006, 11:16 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

1. course i can

2. please don't!

3. yes for sure it should be un-banned.

swearing is a brilliant way of getting your point across IMO. Beats me how people can take offence to a word! get a grip!
Old 17-05-2006, 11:17 AM
Lo@der

Originally Posted by rubbin's_racin
1. Typing a message with out the word is easy. Just dont think of the word.

2. Banning all swear words would be counter productive as every one probably including you Stu would be banned all the time.

3. I don't really care as I can see both sides of the coin. The word really doesn't bother me at all (but it does bother the females).

When someone calls me a . I just think that a . is a useful thing.

Its the spare skin around it that causes all the problems.
FPSML
Old 17-05-2006, 11:19 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1) Whats the problem?
Why cant you type a message without using that word?

I can and always have done. I don't find the word offensive when talking with mates and it's used, but I do when it's written.

2) Most websites you use ban ALL swear words. Would you rather we ban them all so we have a little more conformity, surely that would save you feeling that banning just the one word was over the top.

No need to ban them all IMO

3) Would you prefer that we unbanned it?

No. If you do unban it, it will be used in nearly all threads & will drag PF drag down to the chav level of the uncouth, illiterates on sites like Barry Boys, not a good way to portray Ford owners to other performance car owners or BB's besides being offensive to some users on here.

If a poll is held, there should be two polls, one for the females and one for the blokes, as we all know what the outcome would be if there was only one poll.
Old 17-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Mr Whippy
Oderint dum metuant

If people didnt think that c*nt was offensive then it wouldnt be used as much..... as the majority of people who say it (me included) simply use it to convey how passionate we feel about a particular subject!!

I.E. What the hell you park that there for you c00nt!!!

And so on and so forth.

I personally dont see a problem with it, dont think swear words should be banned, and think the C word should be unbanned
Old 17-05-2006, 11:21 AM
sabres74
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

1) Whats the problem?

Some people are incapable of typing any message without using swear. words. I also appreciate why that particular word is offensive to some women.

2) Most websites you use ban ALL swear words. Would you rather we ban them all so we have a little more conformity, surely that would save you feeling that banning just the one word was over the top.

Swear filters don't work, too easy to circumnavigate.

It does seem illogical to ban one particular word. Personally I very rarely use swear words when posting, don't get me wrong I swear as well as the next man, but see no need to use swearing when posting. In fact posts which contain constant swearing usually have little real content and hence I tend to ignore them, but each to his own. There are many more descriptive words in the English Language which can be used instead of constant repetition of the same old tired swear words. Swearing used to used for its shock value, these days it is used by the unimaginative as a boring and repetative adjective. Try to expand your vocabulary and make this forum a more interesting read.

Hear endeth the English grammer lesson you S***T F****D M*****R F*****G B****** C****S
Old 17-05-2006, 11:21 AM
89xr2
Brap!

Default Re: Interesting discussion: please contribute...

1) Whats the problem?
I think people can but I also think it has ALOT of effect still, and can be usefull in getting your point across. It used to be that you called someone a knob or a prick or a twat or something and that would be just as bad, everyone has become used to those words though so they don't have the same effect anymore.

No, although I do find it strange how words like "nig**r, p**i, r*ghead" arent banned. Is that because they have no need to be banned because people see those words as far worse than the c word and therefore wouldnt even think about using them?

I believe it's your website and you should do what you feel is right for the greater good. It makes no difference either way to me I probably wouldnt use it much if it wasnt banned.

I do use the c word day in day out though and like dave escos it is my favourite swearword.

On another note, I noticed people have been complaining about some of Daveescos' posts which I find quite amusing. Even when he's insulting people it is done in an amusing way. If people take it literally etc. because they're not intelligent enough to know when he's joking and when he's being serious then that's their problem. If he said the stuff he says on here to people to my face he'd just make me laugh at him
Old 17-05-2006, 11:25 AM
PekaRs1800
Part of the Furniture

1) Whats the problem?
Why can’t you type a message without using that word?

No problem with me, as much as I use the word C**T its just not called for the way some people use it, especially on public forums. Alot of people like to feel big when they use the word but really they’re just childish muppets....no names mentioned.

Just block the word if people are going to abuse it or ban the member

Up to you.
If all members acted and talk in a adultly fashion then there'd be no need to ban it in the first place. just keep it banned to save arguments

Saying all that i think its all how you use the word.
Calling a member a cont is harsh and un called for, saying oH shit my engines just blown up, what a cont, is fine
Old 17-05-2006, 11:28 AM
Lo@der

REDKOP
[i]No. If you do unban it, it will be used in nearly all threads & will drag PF drag down to the chav level of the uncouth, illiterates on sites like Barry Boys, not a good way to portray Ford owners to other performance car owners or BB's besides being offensive to some users on here.

If a poll is held, there should be two polls, one for the females and one for the blokes, as we all know what the outcome would be if there was only one poll.
Old 17-05-2006, 11:30 AM
rubbin's_racin
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

What about banning the other C word?

CHAV
It bursts ma tits when people are constantly refering to it.

Sorry for the Hijack Stu
Old 17-05-2006, 11:31 AM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

But why is it ok for the females to use ANY words they want referring to men's bits? There's no such thing as equality....
Old 17-05-2006, 11:33 AM
Sean_RS
Advanced PassionFord User

Personally i do not see a problem with the word, there are plenty of swear words that are more or equally offensive.... but it is banned and therefore i simply dont use it
Old 17-05-2006, 11:34 AM
DrAlanStatham
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by rubbin's_racin
It bursts ma tits
FPMSL
Old 17-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

I know it offends a few women on here BUT for the sake of making life easier of the mods I think it should be unbanned.
Old 17-05-2006, 11:58 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1) Whats the problem?

Perfectly cabable of typing a sentencs without using the word cunt

No No No

Yep. A descriptive word that can offend or can be used jokingly. All depends who and what you are replying to
Old 17-05-2006, 12:21 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

1) Whats the problem?

The problem is trying to enforce a rule that simply can't be enforced effectively. I said it would be a problem right from day one. The word may be offensive on it's own but it's the context that determins whether or not it's genuinely offensive. Banning it has only led to it being used more and caused aggrevation for moderators.

It has also changed the stance of moderating on here as one of the many inviting features of the forums was the non baby sitting style of admin.

I personally can type a message without using the word. But then I also don't feel the right to express my freedom to protest on the streets just because I have it, I am however glad I do have that right. I don't see why asking for the freedom to use a word somehow proves I am incapable of using another.

Perhaps that's the very reason why people flock to here rather than most other websites. PassionFord is one of the most universaly popular car sites on the web. I believe one of those reasons is because people usualy feel they can say what they want and are treated like adults.

That it turn has made it very hard nosed, but as said, most websites don't allow any swearing so those who can't tollerate it have somewhere to go.

Personally yes I would because it will only be a word that's used more and more and this conversation will go on and on. However I respect any choice made by the moderation team and appreciate that you need to stand by those choices.
Old 17-05-2006, 12:24 PM
DanRSturbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Will a banning still occur if you say it to a mod ?
Old 17-05-2006, 12:28 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's not banned in public, so why ban on a public forum because a minority think it is a naughty word

Put another line onto the thread titled
"**TO BE READ BY ALL USERS BEFORE POSTING ON PASSIONFORD**" and state "their may be some words/things you read that you do not like/agree with. . unfortunately due to this being a public dominated forum, we however cannot be held responsible for words being typed, unless someone is being abused" or something to that effect!

Job done.
Old 17-05-2006, 12:41 PM
Franco
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Franco uses it in every post because he's an unoriginal copying cun.........
Pikey Gypo TOSSER!

Ps it doesn't really bother my missus when i say it (Which i say quite frequently if annoyed or pissed!) but i CANNOT stand it when she says it!

Which isn't often......

Its all to do with how the word is used, most poeple realise Dave is an attention seeking c*nt anyway.

Mods have made a Martyr of the bloody word by banning it, take the ban away & watch it disappear!
Old 17-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Racey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I dont understand people using the word in question "jokingly" tbh, but thats only because I only ever use it in the harsh sense (ie when i'm p'd off at someone)

I dont find it offensive to read (but many people of both sexes do). Its just the way in which people use it, some just over-use it and thats when it becomes annoying and a little "un-easy" on the eyes when reading a thread imo.

I cant remember how it all come about when it got banned or how it was decided, but why dont you just put a poll up and anyone with an opinion on the matter can vote. This will take the decision making out of your hands and once the vote has closed people will have to abide by the rules (or is there a valid reason why you cant do i this way?)

My vote would be leave everything how it is tbh. Perhaps only ban people for using it a certain number of times after being warned or something???
Old 17-05-2006, 12:57 PM
frog
0-60 in 17 seconds (eek)

Originally Posted by Franco
Mods have made a Martyr of the bloody word by banning it, take the ban away & watch it disappear!
Totally agree with this, however, isn't it just a shame that some members here feel the need to *bait* the mods by consistently flaunting simple rules.

It seems some people get off by walking close to being banned on a regular basis, just to see if the mods will or won't.
When they're eventually banned they make a great big song and dance about it

Childish and attention seeking behaviour imo, why publicly admit that you (not you Franco ) have the IQ of a five year old, who knows

Yes, it's only a forum, yes it's only the internet, but it's frankly starting to get repetitive and quite simply boring.
Old 17-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Franco
10K+ Poster!!

Ps I would like to add the only person I use it to is Dave, Like when he overtook us in the CD queue.........

I preceded his manoeuvre by shouting the word C*NT from my window.

Made us all laugh!

Old 17-05-2006, 01:19 PM
RC4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Redkop

No. If you do unban it, it will be used in nearly all threads & will drag PF drag down to the chav level of the uncouth, illiterates on sites like Barry Boys, not a good way to portray Ford owners to other performance car owners or BB's besides being offensive to some users on here.

better to call man utd fans twats? eh redkop?

and to think a lady @ your age speaking like that

stu go with the majority and unban the cunting thing
Old 17-05-2006, 01:32 PM
Redkop
Member No: 39

Originally Posted by RC4
Originally Posted by Redkop

better to call man utd fans twats? eh redkop?

and to think a lady @ your age speaking like that

Stu go with the majority and unban the . thing
Me a lady? FPMSL, whatever gave you that idea?
Old 17-05-2006, 01:45 PM
Shell

I think it should be unbanned...i'm a female and i dont find it offensive in the slightest!!
Old 17-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Anonymous
Banned

: C*nt.
: Yes, we get it! You're a fat c-unt.
: And he says Cun.t a lot
: thick c000nt!!
: C**T!!!
: c*nt then
Statistic changed! Those are all quotes from topics available on the first page of the 'search' function in General Discussion. Well-known members, and one mod, and if I could be arsed, I'd guess there's a hell of a lot more...
Sorry Steve, thats never been a problem, we are looking for the the letters . all together mate. Maybe read the rules? [/quote]

In my sig there ya go

To me this site is getting worse a lot worse i will be using ther rs bb a lot more now and will slowly get to the point of not comming back on passion anyting cos its bollox
Old 17-05-2006, 01:54 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Ok, the way i see it, it was only the ladies who found teh word a problem in the first place, and that was back when we only had around 1000members, and now we have around 21000 so the rule needs a review.

We will have a vote in the ladies room and see what the ladies think nowadays, so i will go and do that right now and you lot can await the outcome.
Old 17-05-2006, 01:55 PM
Sean_RS

Why dont we just have a fresh poll??? its causing more problems than it is worth.
Old 17-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Sean_RS

posted same time as you
Old 17-05-2006, 02:00 PM
SimonT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I got a complaint from some kids mum about my board!

Had to pretty much censor (well i didnt have to but just for peace!) everything! The jocks on my website wern't to happy has they use the C-word more than dave!
Old 17-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

It should stay banned and TBH my own view is anyone who decides that c*nt is acceptable (or any variation of the word) is entitled to their opinion, but it has no place on this board.

Sorry but the word is offensive to alot of people. Yes, we all use it, me included and TBH it doesn't bother me in real terms but it isn't a nice thing for alot of people. Amongst your mates who you know is one thing - making yourself look like one by using it on here isn't and especially using it towards people you don't even know.
Old 17-05-2006, 02:13 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

1) Whats the problem?

1) My vocabulary stretches further than 1 word

2) If you feel that way, replacing swear words by comical words/sayings can sometimes confuse a sentance though.
ie - "I wish you would fuck off you cunt"
to - "I wish you would walk away in jerky movements you Lex Steele prize possesion"

3) Not arsed, as you will find people will still try and get around it if it or all swear words were banned

4) I thought i left school 15 years ago

5) Need any Nurofen
Old 17-05-2006, 02:14 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

SimonT,
Old 17-05-2006, 02:21 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

We will have a vote in the ladies room and see what the ladies think nowadays, so i will go and do that right now and you lot can await the outcome.
Show us a pic of you in your Basque and Sussies entering the bints bit Stu
Old 17-05-2006, 02:21 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Originally Posted by Big G

5) Need any Nurofen
Nope.
As i get more and more used to the warriors, ima starting to find them amusing, whilst i sit there with a brew and a decent life.

Hovere, there is a downside; Whilst watching them get all upset and aggravated over things on teh internet i start, sadly, to pity them.
Old 17-05-2006, 02:28 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Originally Posted by Big G
Show us a pic of you in your Basque and Sussies entering the bints bit Stu
2 secs....

Ah...

Close enough.... Im in!

Quick Reply: Interesting discussion: please contribute...