General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Got left a note on my car yesterday..... :cry:

Search this Thread

Old 18-05-2006, 01:25 PM
Racey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well as you waiting here goes .... how about you read my reply without thinking that every woman that has an "arsey, snappy" view and that it's her "time of the month" (oh, and no it isnt by the way )

I was mearly pointing out that i, like many others and i'm sure yourself at some point in life, will do whatever I deem necessary to keep my property in good condition

I did pmsl @ "mardy tart" - 1st time i've ever been called a tart so for that i thank you

i used to think it was cheeky (just as i implied in my post) - before i realised no one gives a toss about my property so why should I give a toss about what they think of my parking habits ... and i dont So yes your right I do now deem it ok to park in 2!

sorry i've had to read your post quoteing "I've parked in a car park before, and NOT had anyone dent my car" again and again and well done for wording it as you have done

oh, and i'm sure you will be coming back with a "arsey, snappy reponse" but i can assure you I wont be waiting for it, because basically I dont care whether you do or dont tbh!
Old 18-05-2006, 01:45 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Listen to that! That is the sound of an unsatisfied woman Can you HEAR the frustration?

As for the rest of your waffle....... no-one gives a toss about your property? Oh really? So EVERY single time you've parked in a car park, you've come back to find a dent? What are you - the unluckiest woman in the world?

Well considering we're never gonna agree (and I wouldn't on principle, even if you were right ), let's just agree that you should par across two spaces, and I'll agree that I can say "I told you so", when someone keys your car, or damages it in some way as a direct result.

Still, if it's the saff, then keying it should provide a nice edge to pull those stickers off, doing the general public and yourself a favour in the process

As for you Mike... window lickers? Saw plenty of them when I was in Norwich. Most of them were your relatives weren't they....... See that's what happens when cousins marry!

Mr Whippy - currently at home studying, and looking after my mentally disabled and very sick relative during the day (see, like how I played the guilt trip on you Davey ) which is actually more work than I could possibly have imagined!
Old 18-05-2006, 01:47 PM
Mr Whippy
Oderint dum metuant

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Well considering we're never gonna agree (and I wouldn't on principle, even if you were right )
Fair play!!

And good on you with the study PON, expand the cranium and all that shite.........
Old 18-05-2006, 01:52 PM
Racey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

rich - the car in my sig is not my cars so .... each to their own eh rich!! dont like the look of the car - then skip the sig personally i dont like your sig,

and no, i'm very satisfied thanks hence the reason I dont sink to personal insults on peoples taste, I dont feel the need to argue on every post on this forum thats for sure!!

was going to type more but really cant be arsed so bye!!
Old 18-05-2006, 01:55 PM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

nice retort Rich
Old 18-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I have previously put my van inches away from the drivers door of someone who has taken up 2 spaces, just so they have to struggle straddling seats, suppose that could make me as much of an arse as the 2 space hogger
Old 18-05-2006, 01:56 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Spoil sport! What's not t like about my sig? You're just being silly now!

Why have you got someone else's car in your sig then? Seems a bit strange You think I argue on EVERY post on this forum? I don't think so, although I do argue with a lot of people. Still, at least I'm opinionated, and not like a lot of goons on this site whose sole reply to a post is just a smilie or some other such shit.

I disagree, so I make my point. You disagree, so run off crying..... and there's no insults on people's taste - there is NO taste there

Okay, I win by default..... again!
Old 18-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Mr Whippy
Oderint dum metuant

You studying to be a lawyer PON?? They get paid to argue you know
Old 18-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Racey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

oh dear - you men are obsessed with winning arent you!?

I dont make my opinion heard to win anything richard - but if you feel the necessity to "win competitions" then feel free!!!!

the reason I have a car thats not mine in my sig - i sold mine to get a house and havent got my new one home yet to do a new sig!

now i really am going because I want to go home, not running away crying, but if yuo want to live in that little world then go ahead!
Old 18-05-2006, 02:01 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

People always said I should have done that! Plus, I never admit I'm wrong, so that's quite handy too!

Come on - bring all you motherfuckers on

Old 18-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Racey
I dont make my opinion heard to win anything
So you just speak to flex your fingers on the keyborad or ensure your vocal cords are working well.
Opinions are given for a reason, because if you didnt have an opinion you wouldnt offer it
Old 18-05-2006, 02:05 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Ah Trace - you sound all sad now. I thought you'd do better than that!

You'll have to forgive my competitive streak - that's just force of habit - doesn't mean I'm wrong though!

Come on - let's be friends again.......... as long as you don't tiger stripe your new car!
Old 18-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Cola
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by DogSmoke
Originally Posted by Daveyboy
only last night i watched the wanker next door get out of his car, opening his door and letting the wind bang it up against mine. as we share a drive i have the courtesy to park as far over to one side as possible to leave as big a gap down the middle to prevent these things. i even turn the proximity sensor off cos it propably annoys people chirping all the time.

after watching him last night though, all those courtesys ar no longer going to be extended.

His face was a picture when i stuck my head out the window and shouted at him though, fookin nob'ed
What a knobber!

You need to get a couple of big signs and put them up in your side windows after parking. Something along the lines of "LOOK TOSSER! CAN YOU SEE I'M PARKED HERE?? PLEASE TRY NOT TO OPEN YOUR DOORS INTO MY CAR!!"

Would love to see his face when he pulls up and reads them
Plan - cue Cola printing out the sheets lol
Old 18-05-2006, 04:09 PM
Cola
PassionFord Post Whore!!

1: Pon, if anyone would know what an unsatisfied woman would sound like, it's you.

2: I have someone else's car in my siggy too. As a great man/monkee once said.. if you wanna fight, fight me
Old 18-05-2006, 04:22 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Sounds unsatisfied? The only sound I hear is when she squeaks because of lack of lubrication!
Old 18-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

the mental image aint good
Old 18-05-2006, 04:43 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

If I'm in the 4i I'll use two spaces usually in a quiet pay carpark and I buy two tickets and display them clearly so people can see that.

I wouldn't compromise other peoples options to park though, especially at work, hence why I drive to work in a shonky Astra and cram in with the rest. I'd never take a car I really care about anywhere busy, it's asking for trouble.
Old 18-05-2006, 05:23 PM
Keith B
Advanced PassionFord User

I agree with RichPON - jsut because you were unlucky enough to park next to someone who perhaps inadvertently dented your car door doesnt mean you should be cowed into thinking that you have the right to be inconsiderate to everyone.

Faster Fords and MWF took a more sensible approach if you ask me.
People parking across 2 spaces are just asking to get their cars key'd by some of society. They sought to avoid any damage to their car and end up being the architects of their own disaster - Campbell would love it!
Old 18-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Cola
PassionFord Post Whore!!

On a sensible note, I have no problem with peope taking up two spaces. I do sometimes do it myself. But then I do park RIGHT at the back of the carpark, where no one else does dude to the length of the walk to the shop. If it's a Saturday and the whole car park is rammed except for the gloriously desolate outskirts, what's the problem
Old 18-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Simon
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by MWF
If I'm in the 4i I'll use two spaces usually in a quiet pay carpark and I buy two tickets and display them clearly so people can see that.
Bullshit
Old 18-05-2006, 05:47 PM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

Originally Posted by Keith B
I agree with RichPON - jsut because you were unlucky enough to park next to someone who perhaps inadvertently dented your car door doesnt mean you should be cowed into thinking that you have the right to be inconsiderate to everyone.

Faster Fords and MWF took a more sensible approach if you ask me.
People parking across 2 spaces are just asking to get their cars key'd by some of society. They sought to avoid any damage to their car and end up being the architects of their own disaster - Campbell would love it!
You're entitled to your opinion mate, but read my post. It wasn't just the one dent once. It was a number of dents, down both doors and then a badly dented front wing, without so much as a note left.

Funny how people are quick to leave a note when it's them that are wronged though....
Old 18-05-2006, 05:53 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

you can tell all the people who think its ok to park over 2 spaces have never been to fookin london

i don't care why you take up 2 spaces, if you do it ina busy area you are being SELFISH

the rest of us legally parking have to put up with the risks of inconsiderate "carpark ding women" so why the fuck shouldnt you?

imho if you park over 2 spaces in a busy carpark you deserve to get your car clamped
Old 18-05-2006, 05:53 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Simon
Originally Posted by MWF
Bullshit
WTF
Old 18-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Keith B
Advanced PassionFord User

Dogsmoke - as regards the other post on tiredness - maybe if you werent so stressed about the odd ding in your car (which seems plain unlucky) then you wouldnt be so tired
Old 18-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Cola
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Jim Galbally
you can tell all the people who think its ok to park over 2 spaces have never been to fookin london

i don't care why you take up 2 spaces, if you do it ina busy area you are being SELFISH

the rest of us legally parking have to put up with the risks of inconsiderate "carpark ding women" so why the fuck shouldnt you?

imho if you park over 2 spaces in a busy carpark you deserve to get your car clamped
FFS! WOMEN?! Was that really needed Jim!? Please note the post above re one of our cossies being hit by a stupid MAN!

I've never dinked anyone's bloody car. Carpark or otherwise.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Old 18-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Simon
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by MWF
Originally Posted by MWF
Bullshit
WTF
Quite simple really i think your telling fibs as no one in there right mind would do that

Also if you was to do that how many people who needed a space and couldnt find one except the half of the one you had taken up would think Oh thats ok he's paid for 2 tickets he's entitled to 2 spaces for one car

simon
PS i would take up 2 spaces without hesitation but im far to sensible and just send the wife shopping on the bus
Old 18-05-2006, 06:29 PM
lickshot
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

U should propa take the piss and park it length ways and take up 3 spaces!!!
Old 18-05-2006, 06:34 PM
MWF
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by MWF
Originally Posted by MWF
Bullshit
WTF
Quite simple really i think your telling fibs as no one in there right mind would do that

Also if you was to do that how many people who needed a space and couldnt find one except the half of the one you had taken up would think Oh thats ok he's paid for 2 tickets he's entitled to 2 spaces for one car
Well I'm not telling fibs. I'd rather pay for two tickets than get fined for not using one space.

And as mentioned I would never park the 4i in a car park that was busy and hence would never cause problems.

Read posts properly in future
Old 19-05-2006, 07:23 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

att PON!
are you missing something from your life?the reason racey has another persons car in her sig is cos its mine,and as im her other half seems fine for her to do that to me. so as for you calling har a mardy tart? do you always sink to personal insults in an arguement?and before you say it no tracey doesnt need me to fight her battles for her she can hold her own.
as for the slating of my car,think what you like. alot of people like it and alot dont,i couldnt care less,i own it and its my choice.
as for having an opinion,im all for it but at least im diplomatic about it.if it aint for me i say that but i dont say something is shit to someone!
and no its not due to being afraid cos i aint!
Old 19-05-2006, 08:04 AM
Cola
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Where's Pon gone lol
Old 19-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Racey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

like i told you last nite Neil, if people want to sink to levels of insults in every reply then so be it ... i know plenty of people that can have a disssucion without it and would prefer to have adult discussions with them then those that do babe!!

dogsmoke - did you get a "well done" note on your car yesterday
Old 19-05-2006, 09:33 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

He's here, don't worry!

NIL - first off, and it might sound like a cop out, take a joke FFS. Everyone on here knows I always banter and wind people up, and if you don't get that, then I really don't give a fuck.

Anyway, you call THAT personal insults? I thought I was being quite tame actually If you want proper personal insults, that's easy enough!

Anyway, seeing as this has just degenerated into an argument as opposed to what I thought was quite light hearted piss taking, suppose we must say goodbye.........Miserable bastards the pair of ya

As for the car, not to worry about that. Most people wont even see it parked across two spaces because of the "urban camouflage"!
Old 19-05-2006, 09:45 AM
Racey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Old 19-05-2006, 10:16 AM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

Trace - nah! No well done or thanks for not being a twat today

There's just no appreciation, honestly!
Old 19-05-2006, 10:39 AM
davie 3 door
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i ve left a few of these notes myself
Old 19-05-2006, 11:38 AM
diesel2000

Ive only ever had one note left on my windscreen and it said 'PARKING FINE' How nice was that? They noticed how good I was at parking?
Old 19-05-2006, 12:00 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 19-05-2006, 12:16 PM
Racey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Old 19-05-2006, 12:20 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Jay - the amount you change your mind, I'm surprised you managed to find a space you were happy with!
Old 19-05-2006, 12:22 PM
bigbobby

I cant believe people's reaction to this ffs i bet if it went " this asshole just opened ther car door and just took a huge chunk of paint out my car " most of you would be like they needs a good . i would do the same and would love someone to come and say that to me cause i would defo make a mess of you. Big up you lad.

Gaz

Quick Reply: Got left a note on my car yesterday..... :cry: