General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Got left a note on my car yesterday..... :cry:

Search this Thread

Old 17-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Stoo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One point that's confusing me is, some say they drive to the far end of the car park where there are loads of spaces, but still take up two. Whats the point? Why not just use the one space seeing as there are no other cars about to 'ding' yours?
Old 17-05-2006, 04:19 PM
Keith B
Advanced PassionFord User

I think its inconsiderate to take 2 spaces and as someone else pointed out the general stereotype that only arrogant gits drive beemers is being reinforced probably ending in someone keying your motor.

I always park my car in the furthest end of the car park and I try to park it at one end where someone can't open their drivers door into it (as most peeps drive to work on their own)

Failing that I know that groups of friends always park next to each other so that they know no one irresponsible will open a door into bodywork etc.

If you're that paranoid about getting your car damaged then I'd get an old banger for work and jsut use the Beemer for fun.

With a bit of thought you can avoid being hated at work as the arrogant git who thinks he's the only one who cares about his car getting dinged.
Old 17-05-2006, 04:25 PM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

Originally Posted by RichardPON
Originally Posted by DogSmoke
BTW it's ok telling me to park somewhere else but round here that's difficult. If I have to go out to the main road to park it's a waste of time because I travel in and out from the other side and I don't see why I should add 15 mins to my journey each way!
Haven't you just proved your own point wrong then.

You're taking up the space for someone else to park which means THEY have to find somewhere else to park.

Still, as long as you look out for yourself, and don't give a shit about anyone else, then that's okay, isn't it?
I was waiting for that VERY response. Yet I posted what I posted anyway because I feel it's my god given right to protect my property. I do feel bad for the person that can't get parked, but because there's a lot more staff than parking spaces, most people coming in after my start time this morning expect a chance of having to find somewhere else to park.

The car park as a whole is ridiculous though. People just start parking down the MIDDLE of the aisles blocking folks in once the spaces are gone, so it doesn't make much difference.

People can point at me and say "it's only an old beemer Jay" etc but it means a lot to me. With it being an older car people also might think that that means it's ok to dent it as "it's to be expected" with an old car etc.

My bro in law has a nice new 3 series and the other week my sister took it to Asda and parked it long ways across 4 bays as she knew he'd go mental if she brought it back scratched

Even I wouldn't go that far!

BTW I think Gracey had a run in at a supermarket once with some bint who opened her door into his and then scoffed that it's only a car when he asked what she wa splaying at.

Could be wrong though.
Old 17-05-2006, 04:27 PM
BlueSmoke

Incidentally the car park is actually over the road from work and is classed as public but there is an agreement in place for us to use it during the day.

The actual company owned car parking areas around our building are for "higher ups" only and often have over 20 free spaces that regular staff aren't allowed to use, which I think is digraceful.
Old 17-05-2006, 04:34 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

if your other car was dented that bad,then i would not even use that car park again.

if you value your car that much then change car parks or get in earlier to get the best spec.
Old 17-05-2006, 04:42 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

DogSmoke

The actual company owned car parking areas around our building are for "higher ups" only and often have over 20 free spaces that regular staff aren't allowed to use, which I think is digraceful.

only having them spaces so no one parks next to them so their cars don't get damaged.

'you think its disgracefu'.....that person thinks that of you when you take two places up.
Old 17-05-2006, 05:02 PM
ronf42
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if for example you are in your car, and somebody parks next to you. They open up their door , hitting yours in the process. This results in a car park ding , scratched/ chipped paint , and the edge of their door has a small sample of paint from your car. Are you within your rights to get insurance details , as the damage was not there before , but after their carelessness oyu need a minor repair to bring it back up to standard.

I know it wouldnt be worth all the agro getting insurance details from them , but it may make them think twice about opening up their door in future
Old 17-05-2006, 05:05 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

people should have more car for their own and other peoples cars full stop!
Old 17-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Racey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Matt J
Originally Posted by Stoo
One point that's confusing me is, some say they drive to the far end of the car park where there are loads of spaces, but still take up two. Whats the point? Why not just use the one space seeing as there are no other cars about to 'ding' yours?
Because if you have the same sort of luck as me, even when you park a mile from work you can gaurentee there will be a car next to it when you get back
your not the only one Matt - that is the EXACT reason i still park in 2.

Dave - unfortunately you will always encounter the people who do not respect other peoples property. This is when "you look out for your own", and hence you park in 2 spaces.

I cant remember who said it but its all very well saying get a sh*tter and dont take your decent car to work, but not everyone has the means to purchase another car which is reliable - which for work it has to be (2 lots of tax, 2 lots of mot, 2 lots of insurance & 2 lots of upkeep)
Old 17-05-2006, 07:48 PM
TemptRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I'm lucky i get to park in parent and child which are nice and wide! and if they're full i can park in disabled as i have blue badge But i can totally understand why you park in 2 spaces! Even if others can't

I just wanna say that the one thing i totally hate about PF is if someone doesn't agree with something someone says, why cant they be polite about it or hold their tongue?? People are getting so nasty on here, hence why i NEVER start a post and hardly ever reply. Shame really
Old 17-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Racey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

tempt - i've just said the same in the ladies room in another kind of way!!

I read alot of posts that i dont agree with, but to save arguements and/or peoples feelings I just close the post and forget it!!

It's all very well having an opinion which were all entitled to, but on any forum (whether it pf or rsocbb) people seem to think you cant disagree without being rude or abusive at times!!
Old 17-05-2006, 07:55 PM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Aint read the thread but thats funny!

Some people have nothing better to do mate!
Old 17-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by sabres74
We used to have a properly printed card at work.

THANKS FOR PARKING SO CLOSE!!
NEXT TIME LEAVE A FUCKING CAN OPENER SO I CAN GET MY CAR OUT!
ARSEHOLES LIKE YOU SHOULD TAKE THE BUS

Along with a picture of Mickey Mouse giving the finger. Must try and find one again.
I left that on the windscren of a people carrier that had parked behind me on double yellow lines (I was in the last proper space)
Old 17-05-2006, 08:15 PM
NathR

I do the same, I VERY really leave my RS anywhere but if I have to it's always over two spaces. That being said, any place I would leave it are all quite car parks with plenty of spaces. Worries the life out of me, you really can't win as if you park miles away an empty corner same cock still parks right next to you!
Old 17-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

totally with you on this dogsmoke! im sick of people banging my door or reversing into my car just cos it dont belong to them.they have the "its just an old ford" attitude with mine but it shouldnt matter if its an boggo nova or a ferrari if it aint yours you sholud repect it.
ive even come out from tesco b4 when i had my pulsar gtir to find a woman had put her shopping bag on my roof(and they are well flimsey)while she put the rest in her car! had a right go at her and i pulled the bag of the roof and dropped the lot on the floor!makes me so angry
btu out of piont i always park the farthest away from the door i can and always in 2 spaces to minimise the chance of this happening.
people who moan about it are always quick to winge when its their car hit.

well done dog
Old 17-05-2006, 08:29 PM
AndyGranger

Take a bottle of brake fluid with you next time
It,ll look like rain water at a glance
Old 17-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by AndyGranger
Take a bottle of brake fluid with you next time
It,ll look like rain water at a glance
i have too much respect for cars for that. its the others owners that are the prob. perhaps just a good would sort em out?
Old 17-05-2006, 09:31 PM
davietwee
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Wooo - you own a BEEMER and park like a twat!

Nothing like fitting the stereotype

If I couldn't get a space because some selfish twat had parked in 2 spaces I would box them in

Get over yourself FFS!
Old 17-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Rhys
15K+ Super Poster!!

Trouble is you got to be carefull if you double park you run the risk of pissing someone of and then keying your car!
Old 18-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by davietwee
Wooo - you own a BEEMER and park like a twat!

Nothing like fitting the stereotype

If I couldn't get a space because some selfish twat had parked in 2 spaces I would box them in

Get over yourself FFS!
It has NOTHING to do with the fact he owns a beemer, it is because it is his pride and joy and it is the only way he can protect it from getting damaged. So YOU get over yourself .
Old 18-05-2006, 09:25 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Oooh, you're really mardy about this little subject Mike!

Jay, think about it this way. You're driving round a car park, desperately trying to find somewhere to park.

You drive past what you think is a space, but no....... some person has parked their car across two spaces.

Are you seriously telling me that you drive on, happy in the knowledge that that person's car is safe from harm, but you can't find a space to park.

You're inconveniencing others, and yes, I know it's not right to disrespect someone's property, but when you post - "Someone keyed my car because I parked in two spaces", I'll have no sympathy whatsoever.

What makes you or your car so special that you can park as you please?
Old 18-05-2006, 10:43 AM
richm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

standing back a bit.. IMO taking 2 spaces is equally as ignorant as bashing the car next to, your reasons for doing it are understandable, but you'll need to be prepared for the reaction from others that don't understand. You may get lucky and have an amusing note when you get back as in your case, or you may be painting the side of your car due to a key scratch.. depends what you see as the greater risk, ding or respray
Old 18-05-2006, 11:12 AM
FasterFords

Guy at work will still park right next to someone who has taken up 2 spaces, normaly has to park his festa really close as its only 1/2 a space.

I always park in a end space and try to park so that I only have the other cars passenger door next to me, as most people don't have passengers.

Worked for me so far
Old 18-05-2006, 11:26 AM
BlueSmoke

PON, I don't think my car is any more special than anyone else's, but it's MY car and I want to make sure it doesn't get damaged. Simple as that. Surely that's my right?

Other people have deprived me a space in the past by double parking and yeah, it pisses me off but I understand why they've done it and I don't bitch and moan about it, I just find somewhere else to park. SImple as.

Because I work different shifts, it's often the case that there's nowhere to park.

Anyway, today I've parked on an unmarked bit at the edge of the car park. There's a kerb then grass on one side which I've parked right upto and then loads of space on the other side. Problem solved.
Old 18-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

I class people who put dents in other people's cars the same as vandels - they're ALL arseholes .
Old 18-05-2006, 11:34 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
I class people who put dents in other people's cars the same as vandels - they're ALL arseholes .
Get this though Mike.

I've parked in a car park before, and NOT had anyone dent my car - amazing isn't it! In fact, it happens all the time!
Old 18-05-2006, 11:48 AM
big_wig_074
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i used to do this in my 200sx as it was fairly mint tbh,but dont in the nova (its a NOVA!) and i parked at the very furthest part of the carpark from work,or outside the block where only a quarter of spots are ever used as i didnt want people pulling up next to me in a works van and putting a door into the side of my car! people STILL moaned though,even if my car was the only other car in the whole car park! i had one girl park right up close to my car because she was on and was upset at my parking!WTF? get a fucking life,its only a parking space why get soooo worked up about it,parking spaces should be bigger IMO!
but.....look out,some twat on a icy morning reversed into my car because he couldnt see out of the iced over rear window!
Old 18-05-2006, 12:10 PM
CarismaDave
PassionFord Regular

Whilst I understand why parking in two spaces pisses people off I agree with it on principle even though I don't do it. I tend to always park at the end of a row as far to the line as possible so that the other person would have to open their door amazingly wide to hit mine.

I NEVER park my Fiesta anywhere. The last time I did was when it was re-sprayed back in '98. Two weeks after it had been done I parked in a supermarket and as I was coming out (windy day) someone was just parking next to me and getting out of the car. As I walked towards the car the woman opened the door and BANG, straight into mine. I stood there waiting for her to put a note on or something, but nothing! She just shut her door and was about to walk away. If I hadn't been there she would have just walked off. When I angrily, pulled her up on it she said,'Well I didn't mean to, what's your problem?' That's the mentality you are dealing with and why I feel sorry for anyone who HAS to park their pride and joy in any car park.

Needless to say I creamed them for insurance....mainly because of her 'couldn't give a flying shit' attitude. There's no respect for ANYONE's property whether it is a Fiesta or a Ferrari (happened to a Friend's 360 too )

Dave
Old 18-05-2006, 12:22 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Dont really care how dogsmoke parks tbh. If I saw his car taking two spaces up i'd probably drive past say "look at that . can't park for shit" then go find somewhere else to park.

What DOES really annoy me is when you drive miles away from say tescos door to park where there is no other cars about. When you come back some dozey bastard has parked RIGHT next to you when there's millions of other spaces around. Same thing happens on the bus. Some mug will always get on and sit next to you even though there's loads of completely free seats around.
Old 18-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Racey
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Get this though Mike.

I've parked in a car park before, and NOT had anyone dent my car - amazing isn't it! In fact, it happens all the time!
well arent you lucky richard, i just wish I could say the same about the said dings in my door, but unfortunately I cannot. Because YES it HAS happened to me quite a few times in nearly every car i've owned (whether it be my rs or a sh*tter). And every time i've returned to a car park i've thought "its a bit cheeky taking up 2 spaces so i wont". But now, i'm sick of having it happen and do my best to avoid it - hence parking in 2 spaces away from everyone

But now i understand why you think its ignorant of people to use 2 spaces because you are one of the lucky people in the UK to not have experince of it. I just wish my life was as lucky as yours.

I must admit, i find people saying that looking out for your own property is ignorant imo. We all pay for our own property so why the hell cant we do what we can to avoid it being damaged.

I put a fence around my garden to stop people from entering - am I being ignorant?????? Because in my view this is exactly teh same principle
Old 18-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

only last night i watched the wanker next door get out of his car, opening his door and letting the wind bang it up against mine. as we share a drive i have the courtesy to park as far over to one side as possible to leave as big a gap down the middle to prevent these things. i even turn the proximity sensor off cos it propably annoys people chirping all the time.

after watching him last night though, all those courtesys ar no longer going to be extended.

His face was a picture when i stuck my head out the window and shouted at him though, fookin nob'ed
Old 18-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Lamb Souvla
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Cant believe all the people standing up for the publics parking rights.
I will/have and do park in 2 spaces when leaving my car, but in the quietest part of the car park because mostly people have a lack of respect for other peoples property.
If I saw a car parked in 2 spaces whilst I was trying to find a space I would think, ok, I do the same, bastid tho cos I need a space, but oh well, life goes on.
Dents are costly...
Old 18-05-2006, 12:49 PM
BlueSmoke

Originally Posted by Daveyboy
only last night i watched the wanker next door get out of his car, opening his door and letting the wind bang it up against mine. as we share a drive i have the courtesy to park as far over to one side as possible to leave as big a gap down the middle to prevent these things. i even turn the proximity sensor off cos it propably annoys people chirping all the time.

after watching him last night though, all those courtesys ar no longer going to be extended.

His face was a picture when i stuck my head out the window and shouted at him though, fookin nob'ed
What a knobber!

You need to get a couple of big signs and put them up in your side windows after parking. Something along the lines of "LOOK TOSSER! CAN YOU SEE I'M PARKED HERE?? PLEASE TRY NOT TO OPEN YOUR DOORS INTO MY CAR!!"

Would love to see his face when he pulls up and reads them
Old 18-05-2006, 01:05 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Racey
Get this though Mike.

well arent you lucky richard, i just wish I could say the same about the said dings in my door, but unfortunately I cannot. Because YES it HAS happened to me quite a few times in nearly every car i've owned (whether it be my rs or a sh*tter). And every time i've returned to a car park i've thought "its a bit cheeky taking up 2 spaces so i wont". But now, i'm sick of having it happen and do my best to avoid it - hence parking in 2 spaces away from everyone

But now i understand why you think its ignorant of people to use 2 spaces because you are one of the lucky people in the UK to not have experince of it. I just wish my life was as lucky as yours.
Oh for god's sake wind your neck in you mardy tart! What's the matter - time of the month or something?

I was merely expressing an opinion - I'm so sorry you feel threatened by someone doing so.

As it happens, you openly admit that it's a "bit cheeky", but now you've deemed it not to be.

Where did I say I'd never had a parking dent on my car? It has happened before on the odd ocassion, but never so much that I park across two spaces, or lead some half garbled rant on the internet about how lucky everyone else is.......

For the record, and to placate you whilst you're in "one of your moods", I never suggested for one minute I had a problem people parking over two spaces in EMPTY or semi-empty car parks - it's when it inconveniences others that it pisses me off. Maybe I just have more respect for other people.

Anyway, please reply with some sort of arsey, snappy response - I'm waiting
Old 18-05-2006, 01:12 PM
Mr Whippy
Oderint dum metuant

Slow day at work PON??
Old 18-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Mr Whippy
Slow day at work PON??

@ Pon being at work
Old 18-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Mr Whippy
Oderint dum metuant

Originally Posted by Daveyboy
Originally Posted by Mr Whippy
Slow day at work PON??

@ Pon being at work
Rofl touche.......
Old 18-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Originally Posted by 89XR2
Same thing happens on the bus. Some mug will always get on and sit next to you even though there's loads of completely free seats around.
RichPON told me it's because he likes to sit next to other "window-lickers"
Old 18-05-2006, 01:25 PM
BlueSmoke

Quick Reply: Got left a note on my car yesterday..... :cry: