General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Mike Tyson Fans.. a nice little video.

Search this Thread

Old 14-05-2006, 03:53 PM
big_wig_074
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

but size and speed arent everything!
skill,determination,lack of fear and an iron jaw are VERY important,look at some of those vids,that first guy u said would kill tyson got knocked the fuck out of by a small fella who glanced him a few times,now watch some of the tyson footage,he gets BATTERED a few times,thinks fuck all of it and bashes ten shades of shit out of people with twice his reach by jumping in!
ps.how would doing the splits help?its not jean claude van damme stuff!its boxing
Old 14-05-2006, 03:58 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats not what i mean , he is agille strong beond beleaf and is an exalent boxer just cause he isnt pro boxer dosnt mean he cant and he has way more determination than most people alive
Old 14-05-2006, 04:07 PM
TiB
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

None of the fighters mentioned are any kind of match for this hard hitter,,,

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...oman_punch.flv
Old 14-05-2006, 04:08 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

jacko

Jacko, you seem intent on naming mma fighters and super strong men who arent even in pro boxing? May i ask what is the point in all this?

This thread is about Tyson 1st and boxing second. Not mma and all other associtaed types of kick boxing etc
Old 14-05-2006, 04:49 PM
andre_k
PassionFord Post Troll

jacko

i vote kris eubank as the best ever, he would have battered tyson around the ring!

Old 14-05-2006, 04:55 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TiB
None of the fighters mentioned are any kind of match for this hard hitter,,,

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...oman_punch.flv

ive nevr seen that fighting style before
Old 14-05-2006, 04:55 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

not a chance but he did batter naseem hamed round an airport that little nob joky deserves a good kicking aragant twat
Old 14-05-2006, 05:31 PM
graham c
PassionFord Post Whore!!

tyson woz the best in his day brutal and brillient 2 watch he whent in to the ring to knock the other fighter out as fast as he could, some of the best fighting ever seen, he woz more of a street fighter that a boxer
Old 14-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Fiecos Dan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

How can people say he wasn't a boxer?

that was his job, thats wot he got paid millions to do, and that was what he was proven best at, at the time.

He might of boxxed his own style, but it still was boxing.
Old 14-05-2006, 06:41 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Originally Posted by fiesta cossie
How can people say he wasn't a boxer?

that was his job, thats wot he got paid millions to do, and that was what he was proven best at, at the time.

He might of boxxed his own style, but it still was boxing.
Try telling Jacko off here that then He wont have it.
Old 14-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Manchester Mike

I have a short vid of me boxing, only about 20 sec's long, on vhs and don't know how to host it

Tyson is hardcore
Old 14-05-2006, 06:49 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ill admit he was a good fighter but his style belongs on the street if his type of fighting was clased as boxing then why dont you see others like him and you cant tell me he was the only pro that had that sort of agression cause he wasnt but he did seem to be the only so called professional sportsman that could get away with being a dick , if his style of fighting was street then put him in with a street fighter same as if you put a boxer in with an mma fighter its not any kind of contest, if you watch any unlicenced boxing they all have the same style of fighting why arnt any of them pro , because they could do exactly the same as tyson did
Old 14-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

jacko

That last comment made no sense to me, why wouldnt an unlicensed boxer want to jump in the ring with some pro's, smack them about a bit, make millions of pounds and buck beautifull women?????????????????? cause thats what tyson did
Old 14-05-2006, 07:01 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

thats the thing mate obviously you have heard of my mate bri he can fight like fuck and is an awsome boxer but he isnt eligable for a boxing licence because he has a criminal record for violence , the thing that pisses me of about tyson is that he is the same sort of fighter as bri and done some bad things but because he had loads of money he got away with it i just think he needs to be put into context as i would call him a street fighter before a boxer and most decent street fighter would nack him , i would defo class lenix lewis as a better boxer but tyson as a better fighter
Old 14-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Fiecos Dan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

But Tyson was a boxer from a very young age, and was world champion before he got in trouble, Where as you mate most prob was the other way round.
Old 14-05-2006, 09:49 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You cant really say anymore on this subject can you.
Old 14-05-2006, 09:58 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Originally Posted by jacko
ill admit he was a good fighter but his style belongs on the street if his type of fighting was clased as boxing then why dont you see others like him and you cant tell me he was the only pro that had that sort of agression cause he wasnt but he did seem to be the only so called professional sportsman that could get away with being a dick , if his style of fighting was street then put him in with a street fighter same as if you put a boxer in with an mma fighter its not any kind of contest, if you watch any unlicenced boxing they all have the same style of fighting why arnt any of them pro , because they could do exactly the same as tyson did
Come on. Seriously, if your mate was as good as tyson used to be he'd be a very rich man. Simple as. Every boxer has their own style. Tyson was no different. It was also a very effective style as his results prove.
Old 14-05-2006, 10:09 PM
SPADGE
15K+ Super Poster!!

Lets have a 'I know the most about boxing as i'm hard' contest

Tyson was the best heavyweight champ in his time as his record proves and thankfully was the end of the American 'blubber' champs such as Holmes etc....
Shame Tyson's brain wasn't up to his boxing ability but you rarely find inteligent men that are also animals.
I am old enough to remember watching all of Tysons fights in the early hours of the morning live from the States and the anticipation before one of his fights was unreal in comparison to when other fighters of his era were in the ring
Old 14-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

wicked fighter.although an absolute animal. long gone are the days of personalities in boxing.tyson in my opinion was a fighter not a boxer but it worked for him, just like nigel benn. boxers like bruno,benn,eubank etc all had a character they werent boring.i didnt like eubank personally but he was an entertainer.nowdays its just over confident show offs that as soon as they get knocked out fade away instead of becoming more intent to win. every one has own opininon i know but thats mine.
Old 14-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Matt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Brasso
these 2 are both boxers aswell has being strong as fuck and realy fast do you honestly think tyson could beat ether of them
marious

bri cockerill
Yep.
agreed

and also the vast majority of the muay thai fighters that weight half their weight would run rings round them too

BUT that really has nowt to do with tyson being a boxing legend now does it so kindly stfu with dumb ass compaisons!
Old 14-05-2006, 10:18 PM
89xr2
Brap!

Originally Posted by Matt
Originally Posted by Brasso
these 2 are both boxers aswell has being strong as fuck and realy fast do you honestly think tyson could beat ether of them
marious

bri cockerill
Yep.
agreed

and also the vast majority of the muay thai fighters that weight half their weight would run rings round them too

BUT that really has nowt to do with tyson being a boxing legend now does it so kindly stfu with dumb ass compaisons!
Thing is though if one of those fighters got punched with a full on tyson punch it would probably kill them. It would be like getting hit by a train.
Old 14-05-2006, 10:24 PM
PF Ben

Quite funny reading some of the comments on here from 'boxing aficianados'!
Tyson WAS a HIGHLY skilled boxer-puncher, not a brawler - I've got videos of lots of his amateur fights as well as all of his professional ones, and up until his change of management and trainers etc. (leading to his rape charge) he was in my opinion the best heavyweight ever, in terms of power, speed AND TECHNICAL ability... which lots of people don't appreciate. The guy was the don.
You might mention Ali and say he was the best (I will say Ali is my actual hero... I've read so many books of his life, his ideals, his boxing history, watched all his fights etc. and got lots of signed memorabilia I idolise him so much as a fighter and a person) ... but Tyson was just as if not FASTER, hit harder, threw crazy combinations at lots of different angles which make my jaw drop still when I watch them, and was actually SO hard to hit in his prime - if you watch his head movement and his second phase movement it's UNREAL. Ali was hard to hit, but he moved straight backwards a lot on the defence and straight forward a lot on the offence, Tyson was just as if not harder to hit (from what you can see on the vids I don't speak from experience obviously!) and harder to see where he was coming from next.
Tyson was not a brawling, agricultural fool he was the heavyweight DADDY!
Ben
Old 15-05-2006, 06:46 AM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

bri got atacked by a load of blokes with macheties , hamers and bats and that didnt kill him so i realy doubt that tyson could have with a punch , this guy bullies all the lokle drug dealers like you wouldnt bleave , and not one of them can do anything to stop him , go find his book the tax man read it and then say tyson would beat him
Old 15-05-2006, 08:46 AM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

@ this thread

this guy bullies all the lokle drug dealers like you wouldnt bleave , and not one of them can do anything to stop him
Let's hope none of the lokle thickos ever work out what those handheld metal things that make big bangs are then, for your mates sake.
Old 15-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by PF Ben
Quite funny reading some of the comments on here from 'boxing aficianados'!
Tyson WAS a HIGHLY skilled boxer-puncher, not a brawler - I've got videos of lots of his amateur fights as well as all of his professional ones, and up until his change of management and trainers etc. (leading to his rape charge) he was in my opinion the best heavyweight ever, in terms of power, speed AND TECHNICAL ability... which lots of people don't appreciate. The guy was the don.
You might mention Ali and say he was the best (I will say Ali is my actual hero... I've read so many books of his life, his ideals, his boxing history, watched all his fights etc. and got lots of signed memorabilia I idolise him so much as a fighter and a person) ... but Tyson was just as if not FASTER, hit harder, threw crazy combinations at lots of different angles which make my jaw drop still when I watch them, and was actually SO hard to hit in his prime - if you watch his head movement and his second phase movement it's UNREAL. Ali was hard to hit, but he moved straight backwards a lot on the defence and straight forward a lot on the offence, Tyson was just as if not harder to hit (from what you can see on the vids I don't speak from experience obviously!) and harder to see where he was coming from next.
Tyson was not a brawling, agricultural fool he was the heavyweight DADDY!
Ben
At last someone who knows aboput boxing! Tysons head movement was incredible. He had a very good jab as well which doesn't get talked about. he often beat MUCH taller men to the jab.

Brawler my ass! and as for people that mention Lenny Mclean and Bob sapp

Did you see Ricky this weekend? why oh why take that fight guy was a fit hungry skillful awkward underated southpaw.... and it was Ricky first fight at Welter?!?!?!? madness... was a VERY luckyboy. Showed great heart and fitness. How he stayed on his feet in the final round I will never know.

Sadly it was another war for Ricky though... you only have a certain number of those in the tank
Old 15-05-2006, 10:43 AM
Mr Whippy
Oderint dum metuant

Originally Posted by Porkie
Sadly it was another war for Ricky though... you only have a certain number of those in the tank
Another example of a boxer who needs to get out while he can...
Old 15-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

heres another...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI83Pi7iEF8

Holyfield... ultimate warrior. How the HELL he can take this kind of punishment from an 18 stone FIT and VERY heavy handed Riddick bowe is just amazing The first uppercut almost took his head off! he then has a HUGE and the best at the time heavyweight teeing off on him for 90 secs... and then somehow comes back to take at LEAST a share of the round Holyfield is Rocky Balboa in disguise

One of the all time greats. He had the mental toughness, chin, fitness and style to beat Tyson even at his best. I know alot of people won't agree with me but Evander was that good in my opinion. Also Tyson mesmorised his opponents as they were sooo scared of him. Holyfield was just never intimidated. He always always said he would beat Tyson and he did... twice. People were worried about his health and calling for the fight to be called off as they thought Tyson could kill him. 11 rounds later and Tyson was on his ARSE

Shame they got it on when they were both past their best. Still 2 great fights though.
Old 15-05-2006, 12:43 PM
PF Ben

Porkie wrote: "One of the all time greats. He had the mental toughness, chin, fitness and style to beat Tyson even at his best."

... and the dirty tricks! Fair play though you can't knock his assets or his conditioning.

Ben
Old 16-05-2006, 09:54 AM
tregmatt
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Awsome man awsome video well done for putting it on
Old 28-06-2006, 04:30 PM
COMEDY DAN
No1 Blower.

Did Tyson ever get beaton?
Old 28-06-2006, 04:36 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

5 losses if memory serves
Old 28-06-2006, 04:39 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Mar. 6 -- Hector Mercedes, Albany, N.Y., TKO 1
Apr. 10 -- Trent Singleton, Albany, N.Y., TKO 1
May 23 -- Don Halpern, Albany, N.Y., KO 4
June 20 -- Rick Spain, Atlantic City, N.J., KO 1
July 11 -- John Alderson, Atlantic City, N.J., TKO 2
July 19 -- Larry Sims, Poughkeepsie, N.Y., KO 3
Aug. 15 -- Lorenzo Canady, Atlantic City, N.J., TKO 1
Sept. 5 -- Michael Johnson, Atlantic City, N.J., KO 1
Oct. 9 -- Donnie Long, Atlantic City, N.J., KO 1
Oct. 25 -- Robert Colay, Atlantic City, N.J., KO 1
Nov. 1 -- Sterling Benjamin, Latham, N.Y., TKO 1
Nov. 13 -- Eddie Richardson, Houston, KO 1
Nov. 22 -- Conroy Nelson, Latham, N.Y., KO 2
Dec. 6 -- Sammy Scaff, New York, KO 1
Dec. 27 -- Mark Young, Latham, N.Y., KO 1

Jan. 10 -- Dave Jaco, Albany, N.Y., TKO 1
Jan. 24 -- Mike Jamison, Atlantic City, N.J., TKO 5
Feb. 16 -- Jesse Ferguson, Troy, N.Y., W DSQ 6
Mar. 10 -- Steve Zouski, Uniondale, N.Y., KO 3
May 3 -- James Tillis, Glen Falls, N.Y., W 10
May 20 -- Mitch Green, New York, W 10
June 13 -- Reggie Gross, New York, TKO 1
June 28 -- William Hosea, Troy, N.Y., KO 1
July 11 -- Lorenzo Boyd, Swan Lake, N.Y., KO 2
July 26 -- Marvis Frazier, Glen Falls, N.Y., KO 1
Aug. 17 -- Jose Ribalta, Atlantic City, N.J., TKO 10
Sept. 6 -- Alfonzo Ratliff, Las Vegas, KO 2
Nov. 22 -- Trevor Berbick, Las Vegas, TKO 2
(Won WBC Heavyweight Title)

Mar.7 -- James Smith, Las Vegas, W 12
(Won WBA Heavyweight Title/Retained WBC Heavyweight Title)
May 30 -- Pinklon Thomas, Las Vegas, TKO 6
(Retained WBA/WBC Heavyweight Titles)
Aug. 1 -- Tony Tucker, Las Vegas, W 12
(Won IBF Heavyweight Title/Retained WBA/WBC Heavyweight Titles/Became Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion)
Oct. 16 -- Tyrell Biggs, Atlantic City, N.J., TKO 7
(Retained Undisputed World Heavyweight Title)

Jan. 22 -- Larry Holmes, Atlantic City, N.J., TKO 4
Mar. 21 -- Tony Tubbs, Tokyo, Japan, TKO 2
June 27 -- Michael Spinks, Atlantic City, N.J., KO 1

Feb. 25 -- Frank Bruno, Las Vegas, TKO 5
July 21 -- Carl Williams, Atlantic City, N.J., TKO 1

Feb. 11 -- James Douglas, Tokyo, Japan, KO by 10
(Lost World Heavyweight Title)
June 16 -- Henry Tillman, Las Vegas, KO 1
Dec. 8 -- Alex Stewart, Atlantic City, N.J., KO 1

Mar. 18 -- Donovan Ruddock, Las Vegas, TKO 7
June 28 -- Donovan Ruddock, Las Vegas, W 12

Aug. 19 -- Peter McNeeley, Las Vegas, W DSQ 1
Dec. 16 -- Buster Mathis, Jr., Philadelphia, KO 3

Mar. 16 -- Frank Bruno, Las Vegas, TKO 3
(Won WBC Heavyweight Title)
Sept. 7 -- Bruce Seldon, Las Vegas, TKO 1
(Won WBA Heavyweight Title)
Nov. 9 -- Evander Holyfield, Las Vegas, TKO by 11 L
(Lost WBA Heavyweight Title)

June 28 -- Evander Holyfield, Las Vegas, L DQ 3 L
(For WBA Heavyweight Title)

Jan. 16 -- Francois Botha, Las Vegas, KO 5
Oct. 23 -- Orlin Norris, Las Vegas, NC 1

Jan. 29 -- Julius Francis, Manchester, England, TKO 2
June 24 -- Lou Savarese, Glasgow, Scotland, TKO 1
Oct. 20 -- Andrew Golota, Detroit, NC 3

Oct. 13 -- Brian Nielsen, Copenhagen, Denmark, TKO 7

Oct. 13 -- Lennox Lewis, Memphis, Tennessee, KO by 8 L
(For WBC and IBF heavyweight title)

Feb. 22 -- Clifford Etienne, Memphis, Tennessee, KO 1

July 30 -- Danny Williams, Louisville, Kentucky, 4,10 L
Old 28-06-2006, 05:02 PM
OvaBoost

Originally Posted by COMEDY DAN
Did Tyson ever get beaton?
By our one and only lennox lewis!
Heres a short vid of my favorite past time boxer...Sugar Ray Robinson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60Guo...ray%20robinson
Old 28-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

TOP THREAD!
Old 28-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Nick D
Advanced PassionFord User

Love some of the comments in this thread, i'm sure most people posting have been in a ring though lol!!!

One thing I would say about Tyson is I reckon that pound for pound with his un natural hand, he had the best hook in history!
Old 28-06-2006, 06:41 PM
mattbibs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

im a big lennox fan and am just glad he didnt step into the ring with him in the 90's!

tyson in his prime would over power anyone!!