General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Mike Tyson Fans.. a nice little video.

Search this Thread

Old 13-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Brasso
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if he went up against some on that did fight the same as him like lenny mclean lenny would have wasted him
Have you been smoking crack?

Lenny was a hard nut but hardly a fookin world champion and athlete!

I love K1 etc..... and there are some awesome fighters out there. But boxing is a different ball game. Cant compare IMO. Not many fighters in UFC type fights have an unbeaten record and I fookin hate it when they roll round on the floor and try to bum each other.
Old 13-05-2006, 07:56 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by jacko
Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
This is a topic about boxing.

A 10yr old with a gun could kill Tyson as well. Relevant? No!!
tyson is good at what he did but i recon boxing will lose its apeal in the next 10 years as the mma surkets are alot more exiting and its full of much better fighters all i ment is that yes tyson was good but he wasnt a boxer he was primerilly just a fighter he had non of the finnes of a boxer so why class him as one just cause he fought as one , if he went up against some on that did fight the same as him like lenny mclean lenny would have wasted him
Pal, your spelling and grammar is terrible. Boxing will be the number one fighting sport for a very long time; I can’t see any UFC/MMA fighter getting near the $20,000,000 that Oscar de la Hoya earned in 2003-2004.

How was Mike Tyson not a boxer? He threw combinations as you would have seen had you watched the video Stu posted.
Old 13-05-2006, 07:57 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by MADRod
Originally Posted by staffi
Best thats been IMO, i know he got a few slappings towards the end of his career, but thats just cus he went of the rails he would of ripped Lewis apart in the late 80s
How old are you lad !
Ali in his prime would have made him look a total hick, if you think Tyson was fast it really does show how young you are, Ali was different class & deffo the Best since the second world war. Like Tyson , Ali carried on too long & became a shadow of what he was in his prime.
Now Tyson against Marciano would have been a great contest & believe me Rocky would not have fallen over as easy as some of those guys whatever Tyson threw. He was the only Heavyweigh Champion to retire unbeaten & would have out brawled even Tyson. Over the last 15 years Tyson is the best I agree.
we will never know what would have happend so its impossible to speculate imo..ali did punch quicker but didnt have the power of tyson but comparing them means nothing as two completely different styles.

the nearest comparison would be joe frazier as his style was similar to tyson but not as effective imo and ali did have trouble with frazier but like again we will never know as it wont happen
Old 13-05-2006, 08:00 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Brasso
if he went up against some on that did fight the same as him like lenny mclean lenny would have wasted him
Have you been smoking crack?

Lenny was a hard nut but hardly a fookin world champion and athlete!

I love K1 etc..... and there are some awesome fighters out there. But boxing is a different ball game. Cant compare IMO. Not many fighters in UFC type fights have an unbeaten record and I fookin hate it when they roll round on the floor and try to bum each other.
well if tyson was such a good fighter why did he have a minder
Old 13-05-2006, 08:01 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Tyson tends to brawl because hes a good brawler. Nothing in teh Queensbury rules against standing there and slugging your way out of trouble, and Tyson did that better than most.

Certainly not teh most mobile or artistic of Boxers, but he was very fast, very strong and very brutal. The results of that combination are usually devastating... as can be seen in this, another good vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMrYm...h=mike%20tyson
Old 13-05-2006, 08:03 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

stu chuck lidel does exactly the same damage with half the muscle mas against much more rounded fighter
Old 13-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

You obviously have some personal thing about anyone saying Tyson was a good fighter in his day.
Old 13-05-2006, 08:09 PM
XR-RS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

its an argument that will go on forever and will never be settled either way, but chuck liddel has also been knocked out. its like comparing colin mcrae and michael schumacher, both brilliant at their chosen thing.

its a wonder none of those people tyson hit are in wheelchairs watching those vids
Old 13-05-2006, 08:09 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

no way mate he was a damn good fighter but i dont think the fighting style was that of a boxer and i know of a bloke from my area that would easily nack tyson out of the ring , look him up his name is brian cockerill and this bloke can realy fight and has still never been beaten
Old 13-05-2006, 08:13 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

no way mate he was a damn good fighter but i dont think the fighting style was that of a boxer and i know of a bloke from my area that would easily nack tyson out of the ring , look him up his name is brian cockerill and this bloke can realy fight and has still never been beaten
That comment has probably cost me Ł300. I just spat Fanta all over my monitor after reading that. I have read your posts on this thread, and while you are entitled to your view, I believe that you are indeed proof that the ability to speak does not make a person intelligent.
Old 13-05-2006, 08:14 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

stu chuck lidel does exactly the same damage with half the muscle mas against much more rounded fighter
Is that so? Chuck Liddel is a mma fighter. Put him in a boxing ring with boxing rules and you reckon he could damage Tyson as much as Tyson would damage him? Think not. Chuck would get wasted

Mike Tyson was ferocious, brutal and a very talented boxer and he is my all time favourite boxer
Old 13-05-2006, 08:17 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by tonyk
That comment has probably cost me Ł300. I just spat Fanta all over my monitor after reading that. I have read your posts on this thread, and while you are entitled to your view, I believe that you are indeed proof that the ability to speak does not make a person intelligent.
look him up mate he is by far the best fighter i have ever met , and some one his size that can box is just unstopable
Old 13-05-2006, 08:19 PM
XR-RS

i know what youre saying jacko, but these are two completely different disciplines and the likes of tyson had trained since being a kid in the art of boxing. again as a comparison itd be like training michael schumacher all his life and then saying right, go and win the WRC.

chuck liddel is a good fighter at what he does, but if they hadnt brought in time limits which totally destroyed the gracies way of fighting i think royce or rickson would beat him with groundfighting.

all different styles and too hard to compare them with each other.
Old 13-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Another good vid. Seems to be a lot of em out there worth watching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnps9...h=mike%20tyson
Old 13-05-2006, 08:24 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I dont think you get the point of what people are posting. Put any boxer that has ever fought in a Martial Arts tournament, be it Judo, Karate, Akido etc and they will lose as this is not what they trained in, however put any Martial Arts trained person in a proper boxing match and they will lose against the Boxer.
Old 13-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Tyson is an awesome boxer to watch... My all time favourite boxer.
Old 13-05-2006, 08:28 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by XR-RS
i know what youre saying jacko, but these are two completely different disciplines and the likes of tyson had trained since being a kid in the art of boxing. again as a comparison itd be like training michael schumacher all his life and then saying right, go and win the WRC.

chuck liddel is a good fighter at what he does, but if they hadnt brought in time limits which totally destroyed the gracies way of fighting i think royce or rickson would beat him with groundfighting.

all different styles and too hard to compare them with each other.
iv personaly beaten a few boxers myself and that is not me being big headed its just happened that way , the thing with boxers is that most of them cant fight any other way and once you have them on the floor they are fucked and like a duck out of water all im saying is that tyson didnt fight like o boxer so when you remember how good he was think of him up against fighters of the same mind frame , most of the boxers with the agression of tyson end up getting baned the bloke i know traned as a boxer from a young age and was realy good and once he left school he started training with strength and could still box but was baned from boxing so why people say he is so good when he is the same sort of fighter that the bloke i know is
Old 13-05-2006, 09:07 PM
FastFordChris

what about evander holyfield, one of 3 people to have been undisbuted champions in different weight classes (cruiser and heavy weight)

he was 208lbs when he took the heavy weight tittle off buster douglus, which compared to the fat conts of today is amazing! he always had my respect for being the smaller/lighter guy.
Old 13-05-2006, 09:13 PM
XR-RS

iv personaly beaten a few boxers myself and that is not me being big headed its just happened that way , the thing with boxers is that most of them cant fight any other way and once you have them on the floor they are fucked and like a duck out of water all im saying is that tyson didnt fight like o boxer so when you remember how good he was think of him up against fighters of the same mind frame , most of the boxers with the agression of tyson end up getting baned the bloke i know traned as a boxer from a young age and was realy good and once he left school he started training with strength and could still box but was baned from boxing so why people say he is so good when he is the same sort of fighter that the bloke i know is
i do see your point jacko but dont agree. you cant label tyson as a brawler or a boxer, he was a combination of both which is what made him skilful and dangerous.

i agree, theres no place for boxers in mma as the other fighters know that once theyve taken them to the ground theyre fucked.
Old 13-05-2006, 09:26 PM
M K
10K+ Poster!!

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

always thought of tyson as my all time favorite boxer,,,

the sheer aggression & force that he used in the ring in his prime was unrivalled imo

imagine .......world heavyweight champion at 21 years old

Old 14-05-2006, 04:12 AM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

cool vids

when they are no MARKS they fight for there life

but when the money starts to roll in they always seem to get sloppy

you carnt live on a name in the ring "always somebody wants your head on a plate"

Prince Naseem Hamed was a showman and look at him now

Amir Khan CLASS

hopefully he will get what he deserves

but money talks
Old 14-05-2006, 05:36 AM
diesel2000

This vid isnt Tyson, but lets not forget what Lewis could do when he could be bothered to train his Canadian ass properly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbJyJ_IvNDA
Old 14-05-2006, 05:45 AM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Nicolay Valuev END OF "he has the tigers eye"

http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxin...icolay-valuev/

GET IN THE RING WITH HIM
Old 14-05-2006, 05:50 AM
Fastmaul
K155MYRS

Tyson was a the kind of boxer that would just scare the shite out of you even watching him on the telly!!

I don't get why there is a comparison between boxer and a "NON" boxer??

Watching a Tyson fight though was kinda boring... you knew it would all be over in the first round maybe the second LOL.

Oscar DeLa Hoya Rocks!
Old 14-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Wazzzer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

2.14 in, beautiful shot to the ribs to open him up then an uppercut, I bet most boxers only dream of perfect punches like that
Old 14-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Rsmat
300+

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts

legend
Old 14-05-2006, 11:38 AM
COMEDY DAN
No1 Blower.

Tyson, an amazing sportsman.

Shame about the antics outside the ring.
Old 14-05-2006, 01:30 PM
aduz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

god you talk some bollox..pmsl
Old 14-05-2006, 03:04 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by aduz
god you talk some bollox..pmsl
if you think that thats up to you but every one thiks just cause tyson was in the lime light he is the best try looking up the bloke i mentioned then tell me im wrong and for that matter clever boy look up marious pudunousky he is worlds strongest man so obviously has more power than tyson he is also an ameture boxer , does kick boxing and is super fast can you honestly say just cause he isnt pro boxer he couldnt beat tyson if you say yes then its you that tolks bolox
Old 14-05-2006, 03:05 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Old 14-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Brasso

Old 14-05-2006, 03:27 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

these 2 are both boxers aswell has being strong as fuck and realy fast do you honestly think tyson could beat ether of them
marious

bri cockerill
Old 14-05-2006, 03:29 PM
TiB
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BRUNO BRUNO BRUNO BRUNO BRUNO BRUNO
Old 14-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Brasso

these 2 are both boxers aswell has being strong as fuck and realy fast do you honestly think tyson could beat ether of them
marious

bri cockerill
Yep.
Old 14-05-2006, 03:43 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

marious is so fast its unreal he is super fit and can move like bruce lee the guy can actualy do the splits and at his size that should be imposible if marious went pro he would destoy most boxers and even in mma he would be verry skilled

Quick Reply: Mike Tyson Fans.. a nice little video.