General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Who would let there other half..........

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 10:22 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who would let there other half..........

Right just a quick one,

Who on here would be ok with there other half getting drinks bought for them when they out by the opposite sex...

For example my good lady goes out with her mates and will except drinks from other blokes and birds

She will also have a dance and chat with them...

I dont mind, infact when its with another lady i encorage it....

But who lets there other half have a little flirt and a chat with the lads...?
Old 06-05-2006, 10:25 PM
mattbibs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

leave her to it i say - nothing worse than over protective partners. if she strays then she obviously isnt the right girl for you.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:29 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

My exact point.........

I dont do jelousy....At all....Period.....Nada

So let her crack on, which also helps me to have a good time as i dont have to be "on guard" all the time.

And i can also have some clean fun............
Old 06-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Greg Shepherd
Chasing Radders

i would not have a problem with a g/f doing the above cos i would trust her not to cross the line
Old 06-05-2006, 10:32 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Old 06-05-2006, 10:33 PM
mattbibs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

very mature attitude imo. the only fights i ever see out in town is usually over a girl. if more blokes had the same attitude and didnt kick off everytime someone looked at their mrs then im sure A&E would be half empty on saturday nights!!
Old 06-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Muzz
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Dont see the problem, i always wonder why other blokes have such a problem with their birds having a good time and chatting/dancing with other blokes etc, as at the end of the day if she is worth anything you will trust her not to do the dirty on you.

Everyone needs a laugh at the end of the day
Old 06-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Danielle
PassionFord Post Whore!!

no i wouldnt have it, trust me it led to not so good things for me
Old 06-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Muzz

Are you that sort of bitch that rings your BF every 5 minutes and has a voodoo doll of him by your bed?
Old 06-05-2006, 10:38 PM
mattbibs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

care to explain danielle? always good for some female input on relationship posts!
Old 06-05-2006, 10:42 PM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

If you don't trust them, what is the point in being in a relationship with them?
Old 06-05-2006, 10:42 PM
Cossie Helen
10K+ Poster!!

Dave would not let a bloke buy me a drink or chat and dance etc

He's not overprotective with me in that respect, he just dont like it.

And must say i'm the same way with him

Not that we dont trust each other.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Danielle
PassionFord Post Whore!!

im not explaining cos it mite cause trouble but erm i think sometimes a partner can go too far and not realise what they are doing and sometimes if you cannot trust ya partner (which if you cant , whats the point in the relationship) then its not a good idea to let them go off with other girls/guys
Old 06-05-2006, 10:46 PM
AJC
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Cossie Helen
Dave would not let a bloke buy me a drink or chat and dance etc

He's not overprotective with me in that respect, he just dont like it.

And must say i'm the same way with him

Not that we dont trust each other.
very fair comment
Old 06-05-2006, 10:51 PM
Danielle
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i think we all get flirty with other though, without realising but there is a limit!!!!

if your partner takes advantage of what your letting them do it can get very much out of hand and someone ends up getting hurt.

plus i think the guys/girls buying them drinks etc are disrespecting you tbh. i wouldn't dream of going and flirting with someones bf!!!
Old 06-05-2006, 10:56 PM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

I still stand by what I say. If the bitch can keep her own legs shut then she deserves a kick in the flaps and sacking off......

Trust is what makes a relationship. Both partys should be able to say no at the moment it oversteps the mark...
Old 06-05-2006, 10:58 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i think sometimes the signals given out can be mis-interpreted by both sex's, male and female.
But if the line is not crossed wheres the harm
Old 06-05-2006, 11:00 PM
Danielle
PassionFord Post Whore!!

but when the line is crossed
Old 06-05-2006, 11:01 PM
COSSIE 1

my feelings have always been go out with ur mates if i ever find out uve cheated on me its over dito the trust has gone i trust her loads and she trusts me if she did anything in front of me id flip jealousy has got me in trouble in past relationships and its not worth it imo .......if u have TRUE TRUST for someone u shouldnt need to be jealous
Old 06-05-2006, 11:05 PM
BM08
Professional Waffler

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If im with a girl and i really do love her then if i go out i dont give a flying monkeys about other girls, ill just have a good time with my mates and then at the end of the day go back home to my gf or whatever, i dont believe in messing around flirting etc with other girls, ok some might say its harmless but to me its just not right so i dont do it, and id hope my partner (at the time) wouldnt either, thats just me anyway
Old 06-05-2006, 11:11 PM
Treen

The only thing I would worry about (because I trust her 100%) would be if a guy buying her drinks had an ulterior motive - and when she made it clear she wasn't interested in anything like that - it could turn nasty for her.

You read about it all the time - a guy getting the wrong idea - following the woman home etc etc.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:14 PM
JoeE30
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Danielle
Thats the thing,

If it ever got to that then it proves to you and yur partner that your not right for each other.....

To keep a hold over someone is only postponing the inevitable if they are inclined to roam...

Shit i have been in the club talking and having a drink with my mates and the other half has been chatting away with some random bloke and i will just go my way with my mates and carry on with the night. If she did anything then so be it, i would be gone.

I think its strange if people cant allow someone to be open and relaxed when out without having to be worried who is chatting to their other half......
Old 06-05-2006, 11:17 PM
DazC
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by JoeRST
Originally Posted by Danielle
Thats the thing,

If it ever got to that then it proves to you and yur partner that your not right for each other.....

To keep a hold over someone is only postponing the inevitable if they are inclined to roam...

Shit i have been in the club talking and having a drink with my mates and the other half has been chatting away with some random bloke and i will just go my way with my mates and carry on with the night. If she did anything then so be it, i would be gone.

I think its strange if people cant allow someone to be open and relaxed when out without having to be worried who is chatting to their other half......
Agreed!
Old 06-05-2006, 11:40 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by DarrenB
The only thing I would worry about (because I trust her 100%) would be if a guy buying her drinks had an ulterior motive -
Mate, every guy who buys a girl a drink (that he doesn't know or isn't in his party/group of friends) has an alterior motive - or did you think that people were just THAT generous
Old 06-05-2006, 11:44 PM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I work long and hard to get a girlfriend - wouldn't feel overly comfortable with someone else buying her drinks and dancing with her as to me that translates as trying to get in her knickers.

And from my days of doing doorwork, i remember how many drinks used to get spiked, so its not that i don't trust my girlfriend, it's more that i don't trust some of the twats out there that think that spiking drinks is cool.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:50 PM
SafeChav
10K+ Poster!!

I didnt even used to like my ex going out let alone chatting to other blokes, and that was the reason i would never go out with her.

Still, needless to say, my ex is a cheap slag and slept with a LOT of my "alleged mates" behind my back, was with her for 3 years and she spent 100% of the time cheating.

That was just her though, ive met people since that i would trust but after that BITCH im happy being single
Old 06-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Barry_GTi
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Just another little point of view, I had a long term relationship(marriage in the end) and I was the LEAST jealous person in the entire World. I really trusted her and didn't mind where she went etc etc.

Then an old flame popped up and me being sooooo trusting put it in her mind that I didn't care for her. She never actually had physical contact with this guy but spent a lot of time with him as she says she enjoyed his interest, when he tried finally to make a move on her she realised what she had done. Now that sounds strange but this is the conclusion we came up with when we finally split, we dearly loved each other and she never actually thought she was trying to cheat or anything of the sort. But after what had happened my trust was broken and I couldn't relax like I used to..........

So to sum up, it's all well and good being trusting, but you need some balance of jealousy in my opinion. Cossie Helen: sounds like you have it just about right......
Old 07-05-2006, 01:28 AM
Wazzzer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I nearly lost my missus cos of jealousy, now we occasionally go out together but most of the time go out to different places cos if someone does talk to her I don't want to be in the background with her worrying I'm gonna storm up to them

I trust her 100% not to do anything and her the same (well I hope so anyways ) its me she comes home to
Old 07-05-2006, 01:50 AM
Anonymous
Banned

I dont bother with jealousy, whats the point?

If you are with someone who wants to shag other people, they arent worth being committed to in the first place.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:17 AM
RaVeR
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by chip-3door
I dont bother with jealousy, whats the point?

If you are with someone who wants to shag other people, they arent worth being committed to in the first place.
ditto

as for the question no I wouldn't mind as women/men can be m8s just like lads can be m8s so nothing wrong with buying each other drinks and having a good time.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:16 AM
Danielle
PassionFord Post Whore!!

well i think from some of the experiences above you can see that stepping over the line doesn't have to be kissing/sleeping with another person, just spending too much time with another person especially who is trying to cause trouble can lead to crossing the line.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:26 AM
DanRSturbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm a very trusting person, which probably leaves me open to hearache, but that's life, but at the end of the day, i'm quite happy for another fella to nail my girlfriend providing he takes his share of the grief
Old 07-05-2006, 10:38 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by The Usual Suspect
as a bloke on the pull if a bird started danceing with you then you offerd her a drink and she say yay youd think you was in thier and it wouldnt be long befor ya hands were wandering at this point youd get a launching from the bf knew a mate whos bird did this purposely to start trouble as she got off on seeing her bf fighting
i know of birds like that, their blokes are REALLY fucking stupid though if they cant see whats going on!
Old 07-05-2006, 10:39 AM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

If u not trust either the relantionship is wrong or u have problems with your own self control

imo
Old 07-05-2006, 10:39 AM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't agree with most of the above, I'm afraid.

"You snooze, you lose™"

If you are complacent, then someone could come along and if the timing is right (or wrong), they might just strike the right note and that's it. It's too late then to look back and say "at least I wasn't the jealous type'

Take the TV program 'Temptation Island'. Couples go on there and are split up on opposite sides of a paradise island with a large group of single people (mainly models etc) to try and tempt them. That program has split alot of otherwise happy couples up and in most cases would have probably never seen a problem. We are not invincible and I'm afraid to say that most red-blooded blokes would shag almost any girl, regardless of her circumstances, even your mates can do it to you.

Unfortunately most girls can't see that. They think that a bloke giving her attention has honest morals and will very often flirt back, even though they may not have any intentions. If you take this situation with one or two other variables (like perhaps she is going through an insecure patch herself or maybe you haven't been quite so caring for the last couple of days) and this 'new' guy might just catch her vulnerable side.

Call me paranoid, but I have seen it, done it and been victim to it.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:48 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

what would you prefer? to have a fat munter of a bird that no one looked twice (or even once) at? or a pretty young thing that drew lots of attention? you either trust her or you dont.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by The Usual Suspect
who said he couldnt see it? maybe he had kids with her maybe he loved her and didnt want to lose her not as simple as being fuckin stupid mate
He's fucking stupid if he thinks hitting the bloke in question will solve anything when blatantly the one at fualt is his bird and hitting other blokes isnt going to make any difference.