General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

changing the frst turbo T2 system- am i right? TIPS guys!

Search this Thread

Old 27-04-2006, 02:36 PM
paceo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default changing the frst turbo T2 system- am i right? TIPS guys!

this relates to this post- its not a very big post so have a read.

http://www.fiestaturbo.com/forums/vi...880&highlight=

as its getting nice weather im going to change the turbo over soon. i got a turbo for £30 with warranty still left on it - sent it to turbo technics to have it checked over because there was a little leak on it and he repaired it all and said its the best used turbo he has seen, even replaced the journal bearings for me

lets get down to business

so i get on my hands and knees and take the front bumper off, disconnect radiator hoses, take the radiator off and then take the intercooler off to give me the neccesary working space needed. right so i take the old turbo off, and fit the new turbo to the manifold. so what do i do next? do i connect the oil feed pipe on and the return that goes to the block or sump (cant remember ) into a jar, take the fuel pump fuse out and turn the car over so i prime the new turbo?

is this right guys? the turbo is set at standard 7psi, and turbo technics have put yellow paint on the actuator thread for some reason

help appriciated guys

rob