General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Just Watched 2 pit bull dogs rip a cat apart

Search this Thread

Old 21-04-2006, 11:27 PM
notSteveS2
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

read wot i sed carefully... my point is all about the owners not bein responsable enuff to at least try and find the owner and apologise for wot had happened but wot i meant is that the dogs natural instinct to chase/attack cats!

Wots wrong with bein a dog lover??? i bet every1 who has posted and sed the have a dog/dogs love their dogs dearly???????????!!!!!!!!!!!

So stupid sum ppl!
Old 21-04-2006, 11:27 PM
Keith B
Advanced PassionFord User

Fair goes - I didnt read the 2nd half of your post.

But yeah there are alot of raging nutter youths out there as well and todays soft as 5hite government let em get away with it and so do their parents. No easy answer to that though
Old 21-04-2006, 11:28 PM
SPADGE
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by notSteveS2
Spadge and keith B... do u own dogs???

do u have kids??

Im sayin the responsability is of the owners of the dogs!

Dumb fucks!

I don't own a dog BECAUSE i have a 2 year old child!
He loves dogs and cats and if i didn't think i would end up ramming my fist down the animals throat the 1st time it bit him then i may have got him one by now!
I agree in this case that the owner of these dogs is at fault in a big way but these types of dogs are by nature aggresive and in my oppinion licesnses for them should be as hard to get as a gun license
Old 21-04-2006, 11:29 PM
SPADGE
15K+ Super Poster!!

So stupid SUM ppl!
Oh the irony
Old 21-04-2006, 11:34 PM
notSteveS2

Originally Posted by Keith B
Fair goes - I didnt read the 2nd half of your post.

But yeah there are alot of raging nutter youths out there as well and todays soft as 5hite government let em get away with it and so do their parents. No easy answer to that though
Glad u were mature enuff to show u were wrong in wot u sed to me mate... glad to see sum ppl r on here...

These dogs r extremely powerful and its hard to stop em goin for sum1/thing so if the owner thinks they may he shud take other precautions! its law that a pit has to wear a muzzle in public and thats the responsability of the owner. so to is findin the owner of the cat!

And there is no stoppin youth nowa days as parents cant even slap their children if all else fails to control them!

i no hittin didnt do me no harm and helped me learn rites and wrongs!

Society will really go down and theres no stoppin it!

Old 21-04-2006, 11:39 PM
RSteam

Old 21-04-2006, 11:40 PM
notSteveS2

Originally Posted by SPADGE

do u have kids??

Dumb fucks!

He loves dogs and cats and if i didn't think i would end up ramming my fist down the animals throat the 1st time it bit him then i may have got him one by now!
I agree in this case that the owner of these dogs is at fault in a big way but these types of dogs are by nature aggresive and in my oppinion licesnses for them should be as hard to get as a gun license
i have 3 things to say hear mate.

1. if the dog is brought up rite u wont have a problem with it and ur kids!

2. a staff bred for fightin! alway was mate. its down to interbreedin that the pit is thought to have a problem with mental stability. Yet there is no better dog with kids than a staff... dependin on how its raised of course!

3. if i rite in short hand that doesnt mean im stupid!
stupid is replyin to wot i sed as u did! Wots wrong with bein a dog lover?

Old 21-04-2006, 11:41 PM
notSteveS2

Originally Posted by RSteam
Originally Posted by JoeRST
I agree they are bred for fighting/killing.

if it were my cat the two dogs would be lying next to it both brown bread....
I agree, totally sick and I would have called the police and RSPCA
i wud of too mate... i think the guy who posted it did.

Old 21-04-2006, 11:48 PM
SPADGE
15K+ Super Poster!!

do u have kids??

Dumb fucks!

2. a staff bred for fightin! alway was mate. its down to interbreedin that the pit is thought to have a problem with mental stability. Yet there is no better dog with kids than a staff... dependin on how its raised of course!

So what is the indicator that i have made a mistake in the upbringing of a dog? When it savages my son Think i'll pass on that thanks!
Any dog 'bred for fighting' should not be allowed to be kept full stop!
Why not write properly I hate this text/internet lazy short hand way of writing and that in my oppinion is more of a danger to our society going downhill than not being able to slap your kids The whole of the English language is being destroyed as is the art of conversation since the appearance of texts and the internet
Rant over back to the topic.
Old 22-04-2006, 12:00 AM
YoungMatt

I've only skimmed through this post so don't flame me if i'm repeating something ten times over.
I'm also sorry for the poor cat but it's the Owners fault not the dogs and the breed shouldn't be banned it's the shite owners from being able to have them.
Also are you sure they were pitbulls and not another similar type of breed because the last thing the breed needs is another bad report giving them no chance of ever being brought back into the country.
They were banned around 1990 but are certain ways of having them and that was for the dog to be muzzled in public be tattood and microchipped and neatured, so any dogs in 1990 that had this done should be dead by now. It's not good when ever there is a dog attack that people always say "pitbull type" because it's really not fair on the breed.
It's getting like that for staffordshire bull terriers aswell with people blaming most dog attacks on them and they also will be banned soon aswell
Old 22-04-2006, 12:02 AM
notSteveS2

do u have kids??

Dumb fucks!

So what is the indicator that i have made a mistake in the upbringing of a dog? When it savages my son Think i'll pass on that thanks!
Any dog 'bred for fighting' should not be allowed to be kept full stop!
Why not write properly I hate this text/internet lazy short hand way of writing and that in my oppinion is more of a danger to our society going downhill than not being able to slap your kids The whole of the English language is being destroyed as is the art of conversation since the appearance of texts and the internet
Rant over back to the topic.
I dont blame u for not trustin a dog with ur son spadge so chill out mate...

wud i b rite in sayin its coz uv never owned a dog tho? mayb if u owned 1 b4 ud see how loyal and in fact protective they r of kids... they no they r a child and r gentler with a child than say an adult.

Loads of dogs a bred for fightin but that doesnt make them killers so that wud mean alot of dogs not allowed to b kept if all fightin dogs were terminated!

I rite in short hand for convenience and quickness. im fully capable of holdin a conversation and writin properly wen theres a need...

the idea of a forum is to b able to spk to ppl comforatbly so if they choose to rite in french japanese, urban english queens english, aslong as u understand them i see no problem!

Back to topic as u say!
Old 22-04-2006, 12:03 AM
notSteveS2

Originally Posted by YoungMatt
I've only skimmed through this post so don't flame me if i'm repeating something ten times over.
I'm also sorry for the poor cat but it's the Owners fault not the dogs and the breed shouldn't be banned it's the shite owners from being able to have them.
Also are you sure they were pitbulls and not another similar type of breed because the last thing the breed needs is another bad report giving them no chance of ever being brought back into the country.
They were banned around 1990 but are certain ways of having them and that was for the dog to be muzzled in public be tattood and microchipped and neatured, so any dogs in 1990 that had this done should be dead by now. It's not good when ever there is a dog attack that people always say "pitbull type" because it's really not fair on the breed.
It's getting like that for staffordshire bull terriers aswell with people blaming most dog attacks on them and they also will be banned soon aswell

very gd point matey!
Old 22-04-2006, 12:11 AM
neilm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

firstly how can u blame the dogs for doin this? its in their nature, and as sed other animals (ie cats) kill other animals too!

secondly how can u blame wot type of dog it is? i have owned 2 staffs and now own a Rotty which we rescued from the Sun newspaper from the RSPCA. Its not down to the type of dog its down to how its raised 100%, my staffs and even my rotty(which was badly mistreated up till we got it) r soft as anythin with any1 who is let into my house and welcomed and great with kids who hang of em and pull em around, none of em ever growled or snapped at anythin which was done to em!

In one breath you are saying its nature and its part of the dogs natural being and then in the next you are saying its how they are raised.

This is just bullshit.

When did you last hear about a child being attacked by a Border Collie or a King Charles Spaniel.

Dogs like Rottweillers, Dobermans, Bull Terriers etc are not family dogs they are naturally agressive and vicious which is why people use them for things like guarding things and fighting etc.

I'm 100% behind Spadge on this, that cat could have so easily been someones sqwaking toddler.... and it wouldnt have been the first time.
Old 22-04-2006, 12:15 AM
notSteveS2

no mate read carefully...

i say its down to how they r raised to an extent but there sum things u cant train out of any animal!

So how wud u class say a German sheppard???

very very smart dog... very placid yet old bill use em to catch ppl and vertually pull there arm off to get em to the ground~???
Old 22-04-2006, 12:15 AM
neilm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Loads of dogs a bred for fightin but that doesnt make them killers so that wud mean alot of dogs not allowed to b kept if all fightin dogs were terminated!

So what do they do in the fight... have a bit of a ruck and the shake paws and go for a nice cup of tea ?

All the footage of dog fighting I've ever seen is to the death..... its not 12 3 minute rounds....
Old 22-04-2006, 12:18 AM
YoungMatt

Actually mate these dogs were bred to be aggressive to animals but loyal to humans. Like i said they are only aggressive to humans when brought up badly and mistreated.
Alot of the aggressivness in these type of dogs is coming out of the blood/genes these days aswell because fighting is not as common as it was...
And if you read alot of the dog attack reports you'll see not as many of them are Bull terrier type breeds as you might think. It's uneducated people who always say "A pitbull did this" when really it was probably a fucking poodle.
Old 22-04-2006, 12:20 AM
neilm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

no mate read carefully...

i say its down to how they r raised to an extent but there sum things u cant train out of any animal!

So how wud u class say a German sheppard???

very very smart dog... very placid yet old bill use em to catch ppl and vertually pull there arm off to get em to the ground~???

If its in a dogs nature its in there, no matter what you do and how well trained it is... there will be a point it will come out because its in its nature, part of its very being.

And German Sheppards are almost as bad, I've had two friends who've had them, one, hers was a pup really, under 18 months old and it ripped her cat to bits infront of her kids.

Now if that had been my dog it would be a little wooden cross in the garden now. I wouldnt want my children seeing anything like that ever.

But she'd perservered and gone to training and touch wood the dog is fine... but in the back of my mind I would always be wondering when that side of the dog could re-emerge.

My other mate had one and every now and then it would test him with disobedience or it would snap at him or growl and in the end he got rid of it because he was worried it would turn on his kids.
Old 22-04-2006, 12:21 AM
notSteveS2

no dog fights arent always to the death... but like a sed a dog will protect its owner till its own death... they r proud animals and refuse to quit till its last breath...

Dog fightin vids r of dogs trained to hate and kill each other... dogs do feel mercy and no wen they've hurt sumthin etc...

all dogs have potential to b dangerous!

Also its a fact that a Yorkshire Terrier is 1 of the most visicious breeds of dog there is... but they dont have the power to realy do much damage to say an adult...

shud they be banned too?
Old 22-04-2006, 12:24 AM
neilm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

http://newswww.bbc.net.uk/1/hi/uk/358175.stm
Old 22-04-2006, 12:32 AM
YoungMatt

Any dog can be dangerous it's how they are brought up. It's just that dogs like pitbulls/staffs/rottweilers are alot stronger than most and irresponsible owners can't handle them.
Old 22-04-2006, 12:34 AM
notSteveS2

i read the link mate and its a gd point but im not sayin dogs aint dangerous...

if u read the clip theres a quote bout sum1 sayin u find very nice dogs within the american bulldog breed...

My point bein all dogs have the potential to b dangerous...

dependin on there up bringin mainly...

also like i say... we r here discussin this but there is a far worse problem with kids nowadays...

newspapers always bring up sumthin and grab it and end up giving bad names whether their is truth in it on not...

u think yorkshire terriers shud b banned???

Old 22-04-2006, 01:09 AM
afcgordon
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Oh fook me the 'dog lovers society' coach has just pulled in
Your saying its not the dogs fault but tell that to the cat
Regardless of whether or not these dogs are vicious by nature or because of bad up-bringing or training they should not be on the street where if it wasn't a cat it could of been somebodys dog,goat,hamster or more importantly child that these mutts tore into
If a person who has had a bad up-bringing goes out and murders another person do we let them off and blame the parents or put them where they can't do it again for a very long time!
How can you tell that to the cat, the fucking cat,s dead. So basically your saying if i fed my dog nothing but curry and it shits itself,its the dogs fault.dOnt fuckin thinkso.
Old 22-04-2006, 01:13 AM
afcgordon

Originally Posted by neilm
firstly how can u blame the dogs for doin this? its in their nature, and as sed other animals (ie cats) kill other animals too!

secondly how can u blame wot type of dog it is? i have owned 2 staffs and now own a Rotty which we rescued from the Sun newspaper from the RSPCA. Its not down to the type of dog its down to how its raised 100%, my staffs and even my rotty(which was badly mistreated up till we got it) r soft as anythin with any1 who is let into my house and welcomed and great with kids who hang of em and pull em around, none of em ever growled or snapped at anythin which was done to em!

In one breath you are saying its nature and its part of the dogs natural being and then in the next you are saying its how they are raised.

This is just bullshit.

When did you last hear about a child being attacked by a Border Collie or a King Charles Spaniel.

Dogs like Rottweillers, Dobermans, Bull Terriers etc are not family dogs they are naturally agressive and vicious which is why people use them for things like guarding things and fighting etc.

I'm 100% behind Spadge on this, that cat could have so easily been someones sqwaking toddler.... and it wouldnt have been the first time.
And exactly how many Bull terreiers have you had?.To the nearest zero will do.
Old 22-04-2006, 01:15 AM
notSteveS2

he he... my point exactly...

Old 22-04-2006, 03:36 AM
Fastmaul
K155MYRS

Right, I've read most and skimmed the rest.

The fault here lies COMPLETELY with the OWNER of the dog ONLY! most bully type dogs (YES, that includes STAFFies!) were at one time bred to be fighting dogs, NOT only pit bulls.

The upbringing of the dog again is the sole responsiblity of the owner. Some say that Pit bulls are not family dogs and that is so far from the truth. I'm not saying they are dogs for everyone because they are not. The key word again here is RESPONSIBILITY. It's obvious that the owner didn't have any for letting those dogs do that to the poor cat. Pit bulls are great family dogs I know, I've had two. The last one I had played with cats, other dogs and was the neighborhood dog to the children in my street. I did NOT leave him alone with them you know why?? I was a responsible owner. My own nephew when he was born my dog was already 3 years old. When my nephew started walking and grew those two went everywhere in the house together. When he sat to watch the telly, my dog was right next to him sleeping at his feet always. There are a lot of people who become ignorant because of what they read and hear and never give the breed a chance. BTW, the person with the dogs would be no better if he had a gun in his hand. I loved my pit bulls, and love pit bulls in general. They are loyal to no end. I'm also not saying they haven't attacked because they have, just like other breeds. They do NOT have locking jaws or have a higher bite pressure because this has never been proven. Again, this dog is not for everyone, you may not even like dogs and that's fine but don't discriminate the breed because of the thoughtless owner.
If you really are interested in learning more about these dogs read some of the links provided. This is something I hold very close to my heart!! I hate Chav type owners who make it worse than it should be by owning these dogs. The APBT terrier is also the same dog from "The Little Rascals" Pete the pup was a pit bull. For those that do know me and know the love I have for the RS cars (crazy enough to go the UK just for the shows) will know then the love I have for these dogs.

http://www.realpitbull.com/
http://www.pitbulllovers.com/

BTW, this is from 2 weeks ago, went to a car show and saw this boy (Taryn also loves Pits by the way) and asked the owner if he is a friendly dog he said yes very and this is what happend.

This is the office dog, yep a Pit Bull.
These pics are from today.

Here he is going over the expense reports

And his mom

At a prior visit with his sister and first time meeting Taryn.

BTW Spadge, you can never compare an dog to a human being. When you find one that can talk, drive, make judgements then maybe you can.

NeilM nice link from 1999.

Flame suit on?? Me, nope. I'm educated very well on these dogs and talk from experience.

Pit bulls are one of the most abused dog from idiot owners who beat them and them let them loose.

Here's a video that is graphic and shows abused dogs and people that have been attacked by dogs other than Pit Bulls, also shows how they can be used for good. The video in the begining is graphic there's your warning.

http://media.putfile.com/The-TRUTH-About-Pit-Bulls
Old 22-04-2006, 04:11 AM
afcgordon

Fastmaul, you have said it all. p.s that is one beautiful
dog in the pickup.missus aint bad either
Old 22-04-2006, 04:16 AM
Fastmaul
K155MYRS

Originally Posted by afcgordon
Fastmaul, you have said it all. p.s that is one beautiful
dog in the pickup.missus aint bad either
Thanks.
Oh I forgot to say that when Taryn petted the dog in truck all he did was lick her face and when we left he looked so sad LOL.
Old 22-04-2006, 06:13 AM
Gra
PassionFord Post Whore!!

thats realy bad,

I was at football training a few weeks ago, (got there early to set everything up before the guys arived) lacing my boots and some staff comes over growling at me and nudging me and growling a bit more, i was pushing him away, and when the owner eventually turned up, rather than apologise she blamed me for sitting down on the grass lacing my boot, some poeple shouldnt have dogs, and how many youths do you see with staffis now a days, with no intention of treating them properly either
Old 22-04-2006, 06:24 AM
sexy xr2i

yeah pitballs aint aloud must av been staffs x
Old 22-04-2006, 06:31 AM
sexy xr2i

i had 2 staffs that turnt,one we had from birth my mates did to so personally i dont trust em,but also my mums got a rescue mungral that is mental if it goes worse than a staff to be honest i trusted them more....x
Old 22-04-2006, 11:36 AM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Nope the dogs where the one posted in the BBC link. Tell me this say you trained your dog to the best of your ability and it just snaps and you cant regain control of it, what you gonna do?

This owner still hasnt bothered to show his face, yet lives 100 metres away in another street. The police know where he lives so they will deal with it.

Also I watched these dogs just snap and I hit a few smacks with the garden rake as I said to no effect. I couldnt do anything about it at all and I had a weapon of some effect.

I had a collie for 18 years and he never bit anyone, done all the faithfull guard dog duties, played football with us and the kids and the thought of one of these dogs laying into him makes me sick. I hope when you find yourself in this situation you can regain control of this wild beast as opposed to a domesticated naturally friendly pet.
Old 22-04-2006, 11:51 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyk
I had a collie for 18 years and he never bit anyone, done all the faithfull guard dog duties, played football with us and the kids and the thought of one of these dogs laying into him makes me sick.
What about all teh MILLIONS of pit bulls and staffies that also served well for 18yrs without incident? If we read of a collie go mad, and yes, they do, should we then condemn them as a breed as well?

Any animal has the potential to go mad and start causing problems, humans are the first to do it in most instances too. If you teach a child from an early age to throw bricks at cats, he will do so thinking thats what he is supposed to do. Dogs are teh same. The problem lies with the losers who bring them up to cause problems thinking its somehow "Hard"
Old 22-04-2006, 11:57 AM
dexterc

Where are people getting this idea that some dogs are dangerous and others docile? A hell of a lot of dogs were bred to hunt, and all dogs can be dangerous. My aunt has had dogs of all kinds all her life, and she found that collies were the most dangerous, knew of them attacking dogs or other people on about half a dozen occasions. Its down to the owner, as said, and all dogs have the potential to attack other dogs or a human.
Old 22-04-2006, 11:58 AM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

shame on the cat and it should be the dogs owner getting put down at the vets not the actual dogs
Old 22-04-2006, 12:05 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Stu, im not saying that a dog cant go mad but facts are facts and the dangerous dogs act reflects this. Even the best trained dog can flip but anybody who says pit bull dogs are not viscious is kidding themselves.

Just remember when that Chav steals or keys your car he doesnt know any better, it was the way he was brought up or how about we just lock the ones up that had decent parents as they should know better.

Has anyone ever first hand witnessed the power of these dogs attacking an animal a few feet in front of them? Believe me you would not want to get to involved and even the owner dared not to touch his own probably docile harmless dogs.
Old 22-04-2006, 12:08 PM
dexterc

Just remember when that Chav steals or keys your car he doesnt know any better, it was the way he was brought up or how about we just lock the ones up that had decent parents as they should know better.
Are you trying to suggest that a dog reasons on a level with a human? Pretty horrible analogy.
Old 22-04-2006, 12:10 PM
tonyk
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dexterc
Are you trying to suggest that a dog reasons on a level with a human? Pretty horrible analogy.
Err no... My point is the reasoning of the humans. Although I am sure looking at some of the posts on this thread a few dogs may be smarter than some of the people that own them.
Old 22-04-2006, 12:13 PM
YoungMatt

tonyk, the reason these dogs are banned is coz of twats breeding them to fight and be viscious. Just coz these dogs are so powerful doesnt mean they can't have the mentality to be soft as shit...
Old 22-04-2006, 12:48 PM
morcheen
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

it all comes down to bad owners,and in london ,there are loads of chav kids walking around with these type of dogs,trying to look hard,and you know they aint been brought up well,the dogs or the chavs! just another toy to them,to set on people they don't like.car drivers are stung in every direction with all sorts of taxes,about time all dog owners had to have a licence,and insurance for their dogs.this would then hopefully start to weed out the bad owners.
Old 22-04-2006, 07:38 PM
notSteveS2

morcheen i see wot ur sayin butthen thats out of order on the good owners..

Fastmaul... thats all that need to b sed matey... like i sed ive never owned a pit but wudnt rule it out at all... i love dogs and my rotty was badly beaten by its former owner and miss treaten... we resued it from the RSPCA so surely it shud b hatein scumbag humans...

but no... its loyal beyond that of any humans capabilities... it loves us all to death and wont even sleep at nite till its sat at the top of the stairs to watch the front door and protect us!!!

To judge a dog byits breed is stupid... its level with bein racist!

u cant judge a dog by its breed any more than a human by their race!

Quick Reply: Just Watched 2 pit bull dogs rip a cat apart