General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

English bull terrier??

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 09:04 PM
phil clay
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mad ade,my dog billy also died in my arms as i was carrying him to the vets to get his teeth removed,god i cried hes in pet cemetary now bless him so i feel for you mate its a big loss,i think the main thing is to have them heart and deaf tested now days isnt it,i got mine from the aricon kennels regards phil
Old 06-04-2006, 09:04 PM
dave_st170
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

We are going this week to have a look at them at the owners house.

What should we look for?? (Dog & house?)

Thanks
Dave
Old 06-04-2006, 09:20 PM
MAD Ade
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by YoungMatt
I think the full white and pink nose and eyes are the albino type ones and prone to a couple of faults 2 being possible blindness and deafness. It's in the genes I think and the ones that are born like this are usually destroyed as puppies too get rid of them out of the gene pool? Not sure but it's usually the case when dogs have major faults like this..
They are not albino!! These are known as pure white, at one time the most desired Bull Terrier, as bred by Mr. Hinks back in the 1820's. They were bred from ' the Bull Dog and any Terrier with a keen eye for a rat', known then as 'the Bull and Terrier'. Believe me, I know my Bullies, have had them for over twenty years. The coloured Bull Terriers come from introducing Staffordshires to them around 1890 to take away the imperfections such as blindness, deafness, arthritis, also the Dalmation was introduced to give them 'height and a greater spring of step'.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:23 PM
MAD Ade

Originally Posted by phil clay
mad ade,my dog billy also died in my arms as i was carrying him to the vets to get his teeth removed,god i cried hes in pet cemetary now bless him so i feel for you mate its a big loss,i think the main thing is to have them heart and deaf tested now days isnt it,i got mine from the aricon kennels regards phil
Phil, words can't describe the moment he took four big breaths and sighed, gone.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:28 PM
YoungMatt

Originally Posted by MAD Ade
I think the full white and pink nose and eyes are the albino type ones and prone to a couple of faults 2 being possible blindness and deafness. It's in the genes I think and the ones that are born like this are usually destroyed as puppies too get rid of them out of the gene pool? Not sure but it's usually the case when dogs have major faults like this..
They are not albino!! These are known as pure white, at one time the most desired Bull Terrier, as bred by Mr. Hinks back in the 1820's. They were bred from ' the Bull Dog and any Terrier with a keen eye for a rat', known then as 'the Bull and Terrier'. Believe me, I know my Bullies, have had them for over twenty years. The coloured Bull Terriers come from introducing Staffordshires to them around 1890 to take away the imperfections such as blindness, deafness, arthritis, also the Dalmation was introduced to give them 'height and a greater spring of step'.
Albino was just a word I used to describe the full white and pink noses mate. I thought the full white with black noses are usually fine but the one with pink noses pink eyes etc can have a few health problems?
Old 06-04-2006, 09:36 PM
phil clay

GOD ade i have a tear in my eye now,thats how my dog went,i tried to rub his heart,now i am crying,my thoughts are with you mate you do know your dogs best regards to you phil
Old 06-04-2006, 09:36 PM
MAD Ade

Originally Posted by dave_st170

Thanks
Dave
Dave, ask to see the dog and bitch together in the same room. The bitch will look a little thin at the moment as she maybe still feeding. If the two don't want to be together and the bitch seems agitated, don't worry too much as she may feel he's a threat to the pups, but if he's aggresive towards her it may indicate that the breeder may just be a 'farmer', ie. just out to make as much dosh as he can, and the mating was just another deal. If they are good breeders, they will ask to see where you live and ask if anyone will be at home during the day to look after the pup.
The chap we bought our brindle and white bitch 'Rusty' from is now a very close friend, lovely person.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:41 PM
MAD Ade

Originally Posted by phil clay
GOD ade i have a tear in my eye now,thats how my dog went,i tried to rub his heart,now i am crying,my thoughts are with you mate you do know your dogs best regards to you phil
Old 06-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Danny @ Enhanced Performance
BANNED
BANNED

i had brutus the white bull terrier thorn ears 8 years he was my best mate had a big tumour couldnt even take him to the vets i was so upset.still miss him now after 8 years best dogs in the world weve got a shar pei now lovely bitch but i need another bull terier now iv read this and ade you just made me sob to
Old 06-04-2006, 10:08 PM
cossiecrew
PassionFord Post Whore!!

all these pics are making want to go out and buy another puppy lol i already have 3 dogs
Old 07-04-2006, 11:19 AM
dave_st170

Originally Posted by dave_st170

Thanks
Dave
Dave, ask to see the dog and bitch together in the same room. The bitch will look a little thin at the moment as she maybe still feeding. If the two don't want to be together and the bitch seems agitated, don't worry too much as she may feel he's a threat to the pups, but if he's aggresive towards her it may indicate that the breeder may just be a 'farmer', ie. just out to make as much dosh as he can, and the mating was just another deal. If they are good breeders, they will ask to see where you live and ask if anyone will be at home during the day to look after the pup.
The chap we bought our brindle and white bitch 'Rusty' from is now a very close friend, lovely person.

Cool great news.
Thanks peeps

More news soon
Old 07-04-2006, 12:31 PM
CosKev3
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by peteh

he looks a cheeky chappie
Yeah,he is!
First pup we've had,very good though

CosKev3 he's cute what's he weigh? Max is 14 weeks now just a week younger
Just weighed him,11kg
Can't believe how fast they grow

Yours an Irish Staff too????

Old 07-04-2006, 01:52 PM
dave_st170

What do you feed your English bulls on???
Old 07-04-2006, 02:37 PM
andre_k
PassionFord Post Troll

Dave, I've had three, lost my last one Bill 17th feb this year, died in my arms, just me and him, my best mate together 1.20 am. He was thirteen and a half. His heart gave up after a sort illness. I still cry now.

i remember you saying when he died

still brings a tear to my eye when i read about it

i have two boxers. the eldest, Joba, is 12 now, so will probably go any week/month. im going to be heartbroken when she dies, and so will the youngest, Maple. she adores Joba and followes her everywhere.

ill put sum pics up later
Old 07-04-2006, 03:32 PM
NUTTIN RILLA
PassionFord Post Troll

A friend of mine has a white one that his aunt had in show a few years back, but the dog didnt like it so she gave it to him, i was at his house a few weeks ago and met it for the first time ( not known the guy for that long) and it was a great dog, a bit huffy and curious but once i clapped it it was fine, he was telling me his aunt is a breeder and is now doing a tri colour one, not sure of the colours im taking it its black, white, and brindle lovely looking dogs and id really like one
Old 07-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Neil@carwise
Regular Contributor

Default Parsley @ 8 weeks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Picture693.jpg
Old 07-04-2006, 07:31 PM
dave_st170

awwww.
Is she/he yours???
Old 07-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Neil@carwise
Regular Contributor

Default f

yes mate he is. I have 6 dogs all male 4 unaltered (only one bully) and like dogs a shit lot more than people or cars. Will email you a few pics if you like
Old 07-04-2006, 07:42 PM
dave_st170

Default Re: f

Originally Posted by Neil@carwise
yes mate he is. I have 6 dogs all male 4 unaltered (only one bully) and like dogs a shit lot more than people or cars. Will email you a few pics if you like
Yes please m8
Old 07-04-2006, 07:51 PM
MAD Ade

Originally Posted by NUTTIN RILLA
A friend of mine has a white one that his aunt had in show a few years back, but the dog didnt like it so she gave it to him, i was at his house a few weeks ago and met it for the first time ( not known the guy for that long) and it was a great dog, a bit huffy and curious but once i clapped it it was fine, he was telling me his aunt is a breeder and is now doing a tri colour one, not sure of the colours im taking it its black, white, and brindle lovely looking dogs and id really like one
Tri-colour are white black and red (tan).
Old 07-04-2006, 10:32 PM
NUTTIN RILLA
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by NUTTIN RILLA
Tri-colour are white black and red (tan).

cheers mate, i`ll remember that now
Old 09-04-2006, 02:55 PM
dave_st170

Sadly not what we were looking for

Anyone know of any good breeders???
Old 09-04-2006, 03:16 PM
phil clay

have you contacted any of the breeders on that site i gave you dave? may be worth postin on there to see if any litters about,not cheap dogs though
Old 09-04-2006, 10:20 PM
YoungMatt

CosKev3 he's cute what's he weigh? Max is 14 weeks now just a week younger
Just weighed him,11kg
Can't believe how fast they grow

Yours an Irish Staff too????

Max is also around 11kg and growing fast They are gonna be big boys.
No he's just a normal staffie bull [/quote]