General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Feeling pretty shell shocked this morning....

Search this Thread

Old 30-03-2006, 08:25 AM
Turbo lag
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tel her too

Dave
Old 30-03-2006, 08:27 AM
BlueSmoke
PassionFord's crazy fool!

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
Originally Posted by DogSmoke
Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
My passion for fast cars is gonna leave me even more skint than I am anyway, so any woman that manages to get any money out of me will be a miracle worker or a debt collector
If all else fails and your hard up, she will just take your fast car and leave you in the gutter...

Not on my watch!!

The hard part is that I genuinely care about her. We went out for almost a year and only split cause I moved away to uni at the time. It's not as clear cut as she fooked me off and now is running back cause she's pregnant.

I know how it looks tho. I still think I need to see she's ok, because that's just the kind of guy I am.
Lets have the whole story then Jay, sounded to me like she fooked you off, got another guy, screwed him, got preggers, he darted for cover, she phoned Jay......
Aye I could tell lol.

It's not all black and white. Things never seemed completely right but I did love her. I went to uni in Hudds, at the time we went out I wasn't even driving and she was travelling from tadcaster (near York) to Leeds after work to see me every night then having to drive back home, and when I went to Hudds it added another 40 miles to the round trip so it just wasn't fair on her.

Don't get me wrong though, there were cracks by that point. She never really took me out when her mates were gonna be there and I often wondered if she was ashamed of me or something

But we always had a lot of fun together and for the most part it was good.

I moved back to Leeds some time later, after getting my license, leaving Hudds etc. and one night when I was pissed (as is always the way) I thought it would be a good idea to text her.

Got talking again and started meeting up now and then, purely as mates as she'd said she wasn't ready for a relationship yet as when I got back in touch, she'd just come out of one.

I thought fair enough and we texted/flirted etc. but that was as far as it went. a few months down the line I texted her and she was out in Leeds, same night I was. So I went to see her for a bit and she seemed a bit distant and told me she'd started seeing someone. I felt a bit like I'd been knifed in the chest to be honest.

And I haven't heard from her after that (about 6 weeks ago) until last night.

So who knows, maybe you guys are all right, maybe you're not. I dunno

I feel like I need to keep a bit of distance from her but I also wanna be there for her, because that's just the kind of guy I am.

I know I'm probably more vulnerable due to being pretty lonely overall tho.
Old 30-03-2006, 08:29 AM
BlueSmoke

Originally Posted by badcompany
DogSmoke

get on msn with your real mates and ask STU to delete this thread...

just a idea matey but i would walk away
Can't get on MSN at work, and my home internet's cut off cause the gas board chopped thru it

No need to delete the thread. I asked for advice, and if I wasn't prepared to hear what people honestly think, I wouldn't have asked in here
Old 30-03-2006, 08:31 AM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DogSmoke

each to there own

just stay clever

song Linkin Park - Breaking The Habit
Old 30-03-2006, 08:39 AM
Redkop
Member No: 39

I know how it looks tho. I still think I need to see she's ok, because that's just the kind of guy I am.
And if she's not ok... what will you do then? You'll just screw yourself up if you see her again.

Take everybody's advice...... walk away and don't be taken for a sucker!
Old 30-03-2006, 08:41 AM
TM
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

The way I see you are repling, In the next couple of days it will be were back together why because I love her this is what you should do listen to Tony T he knows best
Old 30-03-2006, 09:06 AM
Lo@der
Passionford Thread Killer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep u will just stir up shit inside u need to get over, if u see/talk to her to much if at all it will just hurt u more. Also think do u really care that much or is it just a way to speak to her and spend time with her coz thats what u want???? Its hard.
Old 30-03-2006, 09:06 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbosystems
they do exist mike found one in the end took him 35 years lol
Actually, it took me 32 years AND she is into cars, is the most intelligent person I know (just stupid ) and is also the most down to earth girl I have ever met (Yorkshire lass) - too right I was going to hold on to her .
Old 30-03-2006, 09:07 AM
BlueSmoke

Yorkshire is best, you see
Old 30-03-2006, 09:11 AM
Zetec Andy
10K+ Poster!!

Yorkshire is best, you see
I have to agree with that, my fiance of 5 years is form York, best lass ever
Old 30-03-2006, 09:15 AM
afcgordon

Jay,i dont know you from adam,or herbut in the end mate the only person who can sort it is you.You can listen to as many other peoples expereince and advice as you want,but its your life mate.IF you think it,ll make you happy or otherwise do what you want.As to her ,who hasnt fucked up at some point. Good luck ,whatever you decide,
Old 30-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Lo@der

Originally Posted by afcgordon
Jay,i dont know you from adam,or herbut in the end mate the only person who can sort it is you.You can listen to as many other peoples expereince and advice as you want,but its your life mate.IF you think it,ll make you happy or otherwise do what you want.As to her ,who hasnt fucked up at some point. Good luck ,whatever you decide,
Old 30-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Jay, contrary to what everyone else says, i would say get on it straight away

What have you got to lose? give it a go with her, if it doesnt work out then you walk away and arent stuck with maintainance or anything cause it aint your kid.

If it does work out, you are the knight in shining armour who takes on her kid as your own, has all the fun of having kids with none of the responsibility finanicially if goes pete tong and she will probably consider herself lucky to have you and stay with you.

If nothing else, its an easy top quality lay for you till something better comes along
Old 30-03-2006, 09:33 AM
BlueSmoke

Originally Posted by chip-3door
Jay, contrary to what everyone else says, i would say get on it straight away

What have you got to lose? give it a go with her, if it doesnt work out then you walk away and arent stuck with maintainance or anything cause it aint your kid.

If it does work out, you are the knight in shining armour who takes on her kid as your own, has all the fun of having kids with none of the responsibility finanicially if goes pete tong and she will probably consider herself lucky to have you and stay with you.

If nothing else, its an easy top quality lay for you till something better comes along
@ that last line!

I thought you may say something along those lines. We'll see what happens with what eh?

I would never be anyone's mug and as soon as I felt that was the case, there would be something being said/done by me.
Old 30-03-2006, 09:43 AM
neilm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

and if you do see her...... DONT let her suck you off !!!

If you split up over 40 miles then you werent really in love mate..

I am sure there are many men on here, me included, if their girlfriend moved 100 miles away it wouldnt split them up.

Huddersfield, Tadcaster and Leeds... fook me mate.. I know lads used to walk further than that to school !!!

When you said you'd moved away I thought you meant Devon or Scotland or something.

Ignore Chip, he just has a fetish for pregnant girls and milky tits......

Listen to the rest of the sad fookas on this post who've loved and lost.....
Old 30-03-2006, 09:43 AM
Anonymous
Banned

I would never be anyone's mug and as soon as I felt that was the case, there would be something being said/done by me.
Unless she gives good head, in which case you are as powerless as the rest of us and will be walked all over for life
Old 30-03-2006, 09:48 AM
BlueSmoke

neilm
Like I said, there were cracks and driving 90 miles round trip whenever you want to see someone, adding int hat she was doing a different job then and could hardly afford the petrol ont op of that, is hardly ideal.

Yeah there wasn't probs starting to appear by then we would probably have got through it but at the time it just seemed like the final nail.
Old 30-03-2006, 09:53 AM
TM

i would never be anyone's mug and as soon as I felt that was the case, there would be something being said/done by me.[/quote]

and thats not what is happening now
Old 30-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Dan
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Redkop

And if she's not ok... what will you do then? You'll just screw yourself up if you see her again.

Take everybody's advice...... walk away and don't be taken for a sucker!
No more needs to be said! lol Definately steer well clear mate, it's better for you in the long run and you know it!
Old 30-03-2006, 10:01 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Like I said, there were cracks and driving 90 miles round trip whenever you want to see someone, adding int hat she was doing a different job then and could hardly afford the petrol ont op of that, is hardly ideal.
I did it with a round trip of 130 miles for 2 and a half years.

No-one's doubting that you really loved her. Whether she loved you or not is really irrelevant, as it's negated by the fact that she met someone else, and didn't have the common sense to not get pregnant by some guy she'd just met.

Anyone that irresponsible sounds like far too needy for my liking. You play the role as Mr Soft Touch, and you'll be in so deep, you wont ever escape.

Stop trying to be there for her. You're not going out any more, and she's no particular friend.

It's not comlicated at all IMO -you're just using that as the excuse for trying to relive the past.

Chrsit man - you are a glutton for punishment!
Old 30-03-2006, 10:03 AM
BlueSmoke

Aye, I'm a magnet for shite!
Old 30-03-2006, 10:03 AM
TM

Originally Posted by RichardPON
I did it with a round trip of 130 miles for 2 and a half years.

No-one's doubting that you really loved her. Whether she loved you or not is really irrelevant, as it's negated by the fact that she met someone else, and didn't have the common sense to not get pregnant by some guy she'd just met.

Anyone that irresponsible sounds like far too needy for my liking. You play the role as Mr Soft Touch, and you'll be in so deep, you wont ever escape.

Stop trying to be there for her. You're not going out any more, and she's no particular friend.

It's not comlicated at all IMO -you're just using that as the excuse for trying to relive the past.

Chrsit man - you are a glutton for punishment!
Well said that man
Old 30-03-2006, 10:05 AM
BlueSmoke

Getting my next car comes first, anyway
Old 30-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Ja,y if you are the sort to let yourself get drawn into it too much then its probably best if you do walk away.

If you can manage to keep your distance a bit emotionally, then i dont see you have anything to lose by giving it a go.
Old 30-03-2006, 10:14 AM
TM

Ł500 you end up Balls deep in her the next time you see her, Then its all over for you new car and all
Old 30-03-2006, 10:16 AM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by TM
Ł500 you end up Balls deep in her the next time you see her, Then its all over for you new car and all
would be a fool who decided to cover that bet.

he'll meet her "as friends"

she'll tell him she still fancies him and all the other things he wants to hear

she'll suck him off

he'll be completely obsessed with her within 10 mins, and then she'll walk all over him for life.

we all KNOW thats what is going to happen, i was just trying to dress it up as a bit more appealing as he is going to end up stuck with it anyway so he may as well like it
Old 30-03-2006, 10:19 AM
BlueSmoke

Old 30-03-2006, 10:29 AM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Re: Feeling pretty shell shocked this morning....

My ex texted me last night and we got talking again. I haven't spoke to her for a while, cause she started going out with this bloke, and it seemed the chance to get back with her had gone.

Well this morning she told me she's pregnant, and that the scumbag has fooked off as a result.

I'm still fond of her and this feels like a big kick in the balls to be honest. I'm just not sure how I feel about the whole thing
I'm in EXACTLY the same position mate - exactly. My ex is due to drop in May..............and asked me if I'd be present at the birth on Monday..............
Old 30-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Lo@der

Ł500 you end up Balls deep in her the next time you see her, Then its all over for you new car and all[/quote]

he'll meet her "as friends"

she'll tell him she still fancies him and all the other things he wants to hear

she'll suck him off

he'll be completely obsessed with her within 10 mins, and then she'll walk all over him for life.

we all KNOW thats what is going to happen, i was just trying to dress it up as a bit more appealing as he is going to end up stuck with it anyway so he may as well like it [/quote]

Yep hes fucked!
Old 30-03-2006, 10:34 AM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

Don't go and see her! She will act like nothings changed, you will think that, old feelings start off inside, then your fucked
Old 30-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Anonymous
Banned

My brutally honest opinion is this, Jay you have the following options i reckon:

Act like you are going along with it, make her think you are a pushover, shag her up the wrong'un when it suits you but dont get involved properly, just come and go as it suits you not her, DONT GET INVOVLED EMOTIONALLY

Go for it 101% try and make a go of it and be a happy family, i see utterly zero chance of success here personally, as apart from anything else, you cant afford it

Dont see her at all

I cant see option 2 working, option 1 i reckon is wrong for you cause you are too easily upfor getting emotionally involved

So sensibley for you i would say option 3 is the one to go for, but personally i would go for option 1
Old 30-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by TM
Yep, be far better odds buying 500 lotytery tickets!!
Old 30-03-2006, 12:21 PM
CliffRS4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

PMSL @Chip
Old 30-03-2006, 12:33 PM
EssexMikeSi
PassionFord Post Whore!!

come on peeps, keep at him, it looks like hes thinkin of goin back to her and falling into her trap.

come on mate, lets be honest here. shes fucked u off, met another guy, shes now up the duff, hes fucked off and straight away shes callin u again.

sorry but hellllllllllloooooooooooooo ding dong.

women walk over us blokes all too many times these days and thats half the reason that most of em are up their own arseholes.

mate, i dont know u at all, but i think we can all see whats goin on here. theres plenty more girls out there who r a million times better.

let me know wen u find some please
Old 30-03-2006, 12:38 PM
BlueSmoke

Actually she's 11 weeks gone so I'm probably getting the amount of time she was with him a bit wrong with my shitty memory
Old 30-03-2006, 12:42 PM
89xr2
Brap!

shag her up the wrong'un when it suits you
You're a wrong'un mate

Dogsmoke, from what I can make out by your posts IF you start seeing this girl again you almost certainly will fall for her again. And probably big time, even if its just because she's there and you're lonely.

My advice would be the same as nearly everyone else (bar chip, but he's a wrong'un) run a mile and dont think about her anymore.
Old 30-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Lil Ems

Location: Doncaster with Big Ad our 7 month old son and our 400bhp foci

she might just be talking to you cause she thought you were good to talk to before, doesn't mean she wants ya back, not all women are bitch's lol
Old 30-03-2006, 12:48 PM
RichardC
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Old 30-03-2006, 12:49 PM
BlueSmoke

Originally Posted by Lil Ems
she might just be talking to you cause she thought you were good to talk to before, doesn't mean she wants ya back, not all women are bitch's lol
True, but 90% are
Old 30-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by Lil Ems
True, but 90% are
you're only saying that cause you havent met the other 10% yet.

When you do you will realise you were wrongly giving them the benefit of the doubt

The only woman on this planet who will ever care about you more than she does herself is the one you are living with now mate!

Quick Reply: Feeling pretty shell shocked this morning....