General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Any Vauxhall immobliser experts in the house?

Search this Thread

Old 29-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any Vauxhall immobliser experts in the house?

After tyhe fiesta exploded, i had to buy a new car as a runabout.

bought a 1995 Vauxhall Omega 2.5 turbo diesel

been running about in it for a couple of weeks, but had a bit of bother with the remote central locking and immobiliser circuitry gubbins.

basically, its ainchant and uses an infa-red transmittor to a receiver near the map reading lights.

now this morning, i couldn't de-immobilise the car as the transmitter is a bit pooped,

i've found the immobiliser module and now need to know if there is any way to bypass this module, as i don't want to pay vauxhall 140inc vat quid for a new transmitter thing

Cheers
Old 29-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

BTTT - either i sort this or the car gets torched, i'm pissing sick of frigging cars costing me hard cash
Old 29-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Zetec Andy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phone stu's brother in law?

Owns a car audio and alarm place doesnt he? see if he can help.
Old 30-03-2006, 06:04 AM
Doug
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Any Vauxhall immobliser experts in the house?

Originally Posted by Graceland
After tyhe fiesta exploded, i had to buy a new car as a runabout.

bought a 1995 Vauxhall Omega 2.5 turbo diesel

been running about in it for a couple of weeks, but had a bit of bother with the remote central locking and immobiliser circuitry gubbins.

basically, its ainchant and uses an infa-red transmittor to a receiver near the map reading lights.

now this morning, i couldn't de-immobilise the car as the transmitter is a bit pooped,

i've found the immobiliser module and now need to know if there is any way to bypass this module, as i don't want to pay vauxhall 140inc vat quid for a new transmitter thing

Cheers
1st question does this veichle support remote central locking ?
2nd question does the key operate the locking via the buttons on the key ?
If yes its not the reciever in the map light as this is only to open and lock the doors
If no has the key been apart i.e have you seperated it to change the batteries ?
If yes Where ever you changed the batteries check on the floor and you will most probberbly find a small dark grey chip that has fallen out of the key that is your transponder and the receptical pick up is around the steering lock
Grace if you dont understand me give me a call 07949268033 and i'll try and talk you thru it .

Regards Doug .
Old 30-03-2006, 06:22 AM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Hiya Doug

The car didn't come with a master key it came with a key with no chip in it.

the remote fob that has broken had a big button in the middle, a small button on the side and an infa-red LED on the top, which transmitted to the receiver next to the map lights. (remember, its a 1994 car, and they changed the infared system in 1996 to the radio trasmittor instead)

When the clicky was working, it would unlock the doors and dis-arm the immobiliser, now the clicky doesn't work, i can manually open the car with the key, and get the ignition on, but the immobiliser circuit has blocked out the starter motor, and possibly the ecu circuit.

When the immobiliser was disarmed, you would hear a click from the immobiliser unit behind the passenger glove compartment.

It is the remote fob that is broken, and vauxhall have quoted me 143 quid inc vat for a new one (43 quid for the remote clicky, 20 quid for a new "vauxhall supercard with all my codes and frequencies on", and then 60 quid to program it so the remote talks to the car)

If there is any way to actually bypass the immobiliser itself (it has about 30 wires going into the unit, and from what i gather, 4 are from the thing in the roof, 4 are from the ignition barrel induction loop, loads are for the central locking, and 4 are for the starter/ecu circuit)

I'm currently trying to find a copy of vauxhall tis2000 so i can have a look at the wiring diagrams for the Omega, but having no such joy apart from fleabay
Old 30-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

From what I recall about my Omegas (though they were 97 onward to 2000) the key blade would open the door but not bypass the immobiliser. That might have applied only if the car was locked with the remote, but the handbook certainly covered this point.