General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Neccesity for a rear anti roll bar on a 3dr cossie????

Search this Thread

Old 14-03-2006, 01:09 PM
ian sibbert
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd say....gravel - no arb.....tar arb.......the main problem with arb's on a rally car is the fact that a wheel could lose grip with a traditional arb fitted whilst passing uneven ground or a gravel stage......

On a pure tar rally car i'd say fit an arb...where there's a chance of undulation or surface change dont bother.....you need the wheel to droop with the suspension rather than hold the wheel up...a wheel in the air aint gripping...

On old grp'n' rally cars we cut the roll bar and sleeve the middle with a tube to allow the wheel to drop but retain the hub......

Regards

Ian
Old 14-03-2006, 05:24 PM
markk
10K+ Poster!!

Received 105 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by sibster
I'd say....gravel - no arb.....tar arb.......the main problem with arb's on a rally car is the fact that a wheel could lose grip with a traditional arb fitted whilst passing uneven ground or a gravel stage......

On a pure tar rally car i'd say fit an arb...where there's a chance of undulation or surface change dont bother.....you need the wheel to droop with the suspension rather than hold the wheel up...a wheel in the air aint gripping...

On old grp'n' rally cars we cut the roll bar and sleeve the middle with a tube to allow the wheel to drop but retain the hub......

Regards

Ian
i knew there was a reason i didnt run one

like the group N trick ian