General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

mediums/physics

Search this Thread

Old 14-02-2006, 09:41 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mediums/physics

is it wrong to use mediums, for example, people like Derek Acorah to get in touch with others after life?
Old 14-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Mrs_Ricky_3dr
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i personally think the whole derek acorah is a bit of a crock but i did have ny cards and a spiritual reading done in aug last year and i thought it was ok wasnt reallt expecting much out of it but came away surprised.
Old 14-02-2006, 09:57 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

so you saying there was things that came out that was true???

what about if it was purely to meet a family person on the other side tho?
Old 15-02-2006, 12:01 AM
Snowy_Astra
Advanced PassionFord User

Dealing with the dark arts there matey

As a christian, it is strongly advised against..but its all glorified witchcraft at the end of the day, can lead to big problems in your life. mentally, and finacially (if u get hooked on readings)

There may well be a lot of truth in what you are told, but to be quite honest, i wouldn't dare go near one, they are dangerous people.

Oh, and ouji boards are a serious no no. For a start, you NEVER get the person you want to contact, and secondly, it can ruin your life.

I'll tell you a little story, which i might add is 100% true and related to ouija boards.

My mum & dad done a ouija board a few years before i was born. My uncle (mums brother), who is a total pecimist and athiest (spelling?) who doesn't beleive things unless they are on the end of his nose, was also there to watch.

When my dad put his hand on the glass it moved to spell out who it was etc etc and my uncle laughed and said my dad was moving the glass to scare him.

But anyone who's done a board will know its quite real, so my uncle had a go to prove everyone wrong and he ran out of the room screaming.

My dad took over again, and it spelt out 'VW CRASH DIE'.

They packed up the board and my mum and dad were both trying to figure out what the message would mean, then my dad realised it must be his VW camper he had, that he and/or mum wouldcrash and die in it. So he sold it.

Few weeks went past, and some bad news came through that my uncle (dads brother) died in a car accident on the heathrow bypass. He was only 18.

Obviously my mum & dad didn't see the connection between the ouija board message and my uncle getting killed.

His initials were VW - Victor Webb

I never met my Uncle, but all i know is the boards and all that medium/fortune teller crap is never for the best. Only brings destruction.

To name but a few more instances with the dark arts, my dad had all sorts of nasty experiances, including a woman who died in a fire in ireland circa 1500's, and he saw her and told me he would never forget that image, a man in a purple suit walking out of the waredrobe and through the wall to the neighbours (who they heard screaming and had at the door 2 minutes later crying) etc etc

So if you want an honest opinion on anything spiritual like mediums etc etc, i would strongly advise against it, Things tend to unfoldas they should, you don't need to know the future or speak to lost relatives, it would honestly make your life so much worse if you did.
Old 15-02-2006, 12:12 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Personally I don't believe in it, but it may be against youre religion as Snowy Astra says.

All depends on your belief of ethics. In the society we live in today, visiting a medium is unlikely to feature highly on what most people would consider immoral or wrong.

At the end of the day do what you feel comfortabel with.

It wasn't that long ago that sex before marriage was considered immoral and in some religions contraception is still frowned upon.
Old 15-02-2006, 05:47 AM
SS1
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: mediums/physics

Originally Posted by the sludge
is it wrong to use mediums, for example, people like Derek Acorah to get in touch with others after life?
the girl whos in the series with him .."from blue peter "

shes married to the PRODUCER of the program

i smell bullshit

its all mind games if you see through it really

its a shrinks mind head fuck COME TRUE

Trending Topics

Old 15-02-2006, 10:10 AM
Mrs_Ricky_3dr
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by the sludge
so you saying there was things that came out that was true???

what about if it was purely to meet a family person on the other side tho?
no but things were mention that she couldnt have known.
Old 15-02-2006, 04:03 PM
The Sludge
garibaldi

but like, if you lost someone close to you ( i have recently) is a good idea to be able to you know go the other side to reassure you?

maybe i need help????
Old 15-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

What's this goto do with Physics?!
Old 15-02-2006, 04:14 PM
lisa10
PassionFord Regular

Default Hi

Hi

Well personally I wouldnt do the Ouji Board as do believe its a bit risky and im not brave..

Im not a believer in a lot of things unless its proven to me but I have recently sent off a label from something I wear a lot to a guy and when it came back with a reading, both mine and mums has been trufull, not only past but things he said would happen have, good things and he never says bad things.

We lost my dad and maybe we were kind of thinking we may get something connected to him. Id rather keep the link to my dad in my memories and my heart personally.

Given a choice I would rather let life find its own way and wait and see what happens.

Lisa
Old 15-02-2006, 04:38 PM
Mrs_Ricky_3dr
Part of the Furniture

but like, if you lost someone close to you ( i have recently) is a good idea to be able to you know go the other side to reassure you?

maybe i need help????

that was the reason i done it but that person never came through.
Old 15-02-2006, 05:11 PM
Snowy_Astra
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Rick
What's this goto do with Physics?!
I wondered how long it would be before someone picked on this
Old 15-02-2006, 05:59 PM
lisa10
PassionFord Regular

Default hi

Hi

I understand that when you lose someone you look for reassurance and my mum did that, her friend is a phsychic and told mum that my dads ok, all spooky stuff as she said he was stood next to her freaked me out a bit. I know how hard it is though but its not so much you get over it, you learn to cope better.

lisa
Old 15-02-2006, 06:02 PM
Mrs_Ricky_3dr
Part of the Furniture

the way i look @ it each to their own, people believe in what they want to believe in some people have god others have spirits.
Old 16-02-2006, 07:05 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

heres how I see it.

EVERYTHING is in your mind. your mind is how you percieve what your eyes, ears, mouth etc tell it. so when people say "it's all in your mind" then it's quite true.

so maybe some people can tune in better than others. thats maybe why some don't "beleive" it.
Old 16-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Mrs_Ricky_3dr
Part of the Furniture

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.......