General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

OTT on another forum! Take a peek!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 08:54 AM
Poom
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OTT on another forum! Take a peek!

Just read this on another forum about a banned member...

We will take any action that we consider appropriate against banned members who persist in trying to access the forums. We consider such attempts to access the forums as nuisance. In the past, we have alerted ISPs to such attempts, submitting IP logs and evidence of inappropriate posts that caused such members to be banned. These ISPs included, in two instances, an employer and a university. In the first instance, we insisted that the employer took disciplinary action against the employee. In the second, we insisted that the university concerned took action under its published internet policy. The student concerned had this action added to their permanent university record. “Nuisance” users spoil the enjoyment of the forums for other members and will not be tolerated.
Is "insisting" somebody maybe loses their job or gets kicked out of uni or something OTT because of a public car forum / owners club or are they getting too business like nowadays?
Old 11-02-2006, 09:00 AM
adamS2RST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They have their rules and internet policy's and I can understand the trouble they have with nuisance users, i'm sure we have the same on here. Yes, it's a public forum but the individual has been banned for whatever reason.