Garage / Workshop & Tools Section. Given working on your pride and joy is often one of the reasons cited for owning a Ford, post all your garage and tool collection pictures and questions in here.

Single Garage Set Up

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 09:08 AM
Bailes1992
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Single Garage Set Up

So I've just bought a new house with my Wife. I liked a 3 bed semi with enough room to build a decent size double garage at the end of the garden and she liked a 3 year old 4 bed detached with a single and no room to build anything bigger. After some discussion and a few arguments we compromised and put an offer on the 4 bed detached.

So now I'm going to have to deal with a single garage for the foreseeable.

I've accepted I'm not going to be able to work on anything in the garage, the Defender is too tall to go in there for a start so looking for the best way to lay out the garage.

I'm looking to have a decent work bench with a decent vice to work at, but I also need to consider storage for tools and detailing gear. I've got room to one side to build a small housing for my compressor.

I'm going to board the ceilings and walls, get some decent insulation in the loft and a heater in there and some decent lighting. I'm going going to put a decent electric supply out there, probably 50A, maybe even 63A.

But I need ideas for how to lay it all out. Anyone else work from a single garage?
Old 12-11-2017, 10:16 AM
big_wasa
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 126 Likes on 123 Posts

I am Currently playing Tetris to try and get the next project in the single garage.

I've also got a lathe and a mill to place.

How I dream of a proper sized work shop.

Oh and build a shed for the less valuable stuff.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:16 AM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 371 Likes on 346 Posts

Have you tried to get a car in the garage in a new build..... ?
Old 12-11-2017, 04:54 PM
zetaboostboy522bhp
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 119 Likes on 101 Posts

I've always used kitchen units in sheds and my new garage , 5 mins to put together and off the shelf at b and q. It can get expensive but it doesn't have to be as you can buy doors off eBay etc. I spent around 2k on mine but it's got soft close draws etc lol.

Cheers paul

Last edited by zetaboostboy522bhp; 12-11-2017 at 04:55 PM.