Garage / Workshop & Tools Section. Given working on your pride and joy is often one of the reasons cited for owning a Ford, post all your garage and tool collection pictures and questions in here.

Ford focus 52 1.8 engine management light - help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 29-11-2012, 05:48 PM
tom_focus
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Ford focus 52 1.8 engine management light - help!!!!

HI EVERYONE

HELP PLEASE SOMEONE!! I am in the process of selling my ford focus as i have had it for 3 years the week before the buyer is picking it up the engine management light has come on. Right, it's not normal because sometimes it stays on sometimes it goes off then comes back on and sometimes it flickers, dimms and then lights again.

I done a self test in the focus with button in dash and codes r22 and E001 were showing but DTC was NONE! I then testing myself with OBDII and laptop and no fault or error codes showed and also the programme was saying the light wasn't even showing.

So i work at a dealership so got the workshop to look at this for me on there professional testing equipment. This was still showing no problems and can't reset the light because there is no error in the first place. They done an electrical test and reset on the car so it turned off YAY!!!

FOR 5 MINS then turned back on and flickering. Thinking loose connection somewhere but checked all electrical wiring and can't find anything. I have looked into this on the web and seems to be common problem.?

THERE IS OBV STILL SOMETHING WRONG HERE. CAN SOMEONE HELP I AM SELLING THIS ON SATURDAY!

Also i have seen it may be loose connection to engine management bulb or bulb fault? Or can i take the bulb out completely?

Any ideas please help!!

Regards

Tom