Garage / Workshop & Tools Section. Given working on your pride and joy is often one of the reasons cited for owning a Ford, post all your garage and tool collection pictures and questions in here.

Opinions tool box

Search this Thread

Old 19-08-2010, 05:35 PM
3i_gaz
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"rip off finance deals!

yeah... somebody who does you a finance deal, refunds you back if you pay it off early, include a sickness and accident waiver in with the price and theres no hidden charges.

sounds like a right bad rip off to me yeah....

if you appreciate the innitiative and the quality put into snap on boxes to keep them the best, looked into the one piece draw design, twin wall construction etc.... then i would happily sit here and spout why they are the best box on the market but as your above post is pureley driven off the price of things then i wont bother.
Old 19-08-2010, 05:42 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Received 435 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by 3i_gaz
"rip off finance deals!

yeah... somebody who does you a finance deal, refunds you back if you pay it off early, include a sickness and accident waiver in with the price and theres no hidden charges.

sounds like a right bad rip off to me yeah....

if you appreciate the innitiative and the quality put into snap on boxes to keep them the best, looked into the one piece draw design, twin wall construction etc.... then i would happily sit here and spout why they are the best box on the market but as your above post is pureley driven off the price of things then i wont bother.
Yes mate rip off lol last one i see was about 26 pounds odd for 156 weeks mate! thats a 4300 pound tool box lol have u herd of apr?
Old 19-08-2010, 07:21 PM
BlacknBlown
SuckSqueezeBangBlown

Originally Posted by ajamesc
Yes mate rip off lol last one i see was about 26 pounds odd for 156 weeks mate! thats a 4300 pound tool box lol have u herd of apr?
Don't be fooled by APR. Means squat...

Snap-on only charge a flat rate of 9% on promotional tool boxes, so that means if you borrow £1000 over a year you get charged £90 interest.

That's a blinding deal. Don't believe me? Go ask your bank how much they will charge you in total for the same deal......
Old 19-08-2010, 07:23 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Originally Posted by BlacknBlown
Don't be fooled by APR. Means squat...

Snap-on only charge a flat rate of 9% on promotional tool boxes, so that means if you borrow £1000 over a year you get charged £90 interest.

That's a blinding deal. Don't believe me? Go ask your bank how much they will charge you in total for the same deal......
lol i dont get it then mate a snap on mid sized box which is about 3 grand anyway but when u pay weekly its over 4 but they dont charge much lol And i dont talk to are snap on man any more im in basingstoke and i had a bill with edd for about 8 years never more than 150 but i always had tools off him he let me pay him 10 pounds a week the new guy shows up and i owe about 90 pounds and he tells me i have to pay him 25 pounds a week lol mac get my money now!

Last edited by ajamesc; 19-08-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 19-08-2010, 07:46 PM
BlacknBlown
SuckSqueezeBangBlown

I would say Edd was being a little generous, £150 balance should be £20 a week, £90 balance at least a tenner. £25 is a bit harsh IMO, but terms are up to the individual dealer ultimately.
As for the finance, a 3 year deal is going to cost you 9% each year, so with the dreaded VAT as well, you are going to pay over £4k. But with Snap-on Finance you can always get a refund of interest if you settle early. So if your credit card company offers you a 0% deal, for example, you can use that to pay off the account and you're quids in.
Old 19-08-2010, 07:49 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Originally Posted by BlacknBlown
I would say Edd was being a little generous, £150 balance should be £20 a week, £90 balance at least a tenner. £25 is a bit harsh IMO, but terms are up to the individual dealer ultimately.
As for the finance, a 3 year deal is going to cost you 9% each year, so with the dreaded VAT as well, you are going to pay over £4k. But with Snap-on Finance you can always get a refund of interest if you settle early. So if your credit card company offers you a 0% deal, for example, you can use that to pay off the account and you're quids in.
maybe but i did pay every week without fail and it wasent always as high as 150 i would never let it go more than that but he did get some money out of me! as said i had a bill with him for about 8 years before he moved on and the new guy turned up
Old 19-08-2010, 07:59 PM
BlacknBlown
SuckSqueezeBangBlown

Also remember the new guy hasn't got the resources or funds of an established dealer, the money he lends you is his own money, not Snap-on's. And there is only so much in the pot. So negotiate is the word of the day.
Old 19-08-2010, 08:29 PM
.Ross.
Advanced PassionFord User

Black'n'Blown: Are the Snap-On boxes still covered by the Life-time Warranty?
Old 19-08-2010, 08:35 PM
BlacknBlown
SuckSqueezeBangBlown

Originally Posted by .Ross.
Black'n'Blown: Are the Snap-On boxes still covered by the Life-time Warranty?
Oh yes. Lifetime warranty on all storage units to the ORIGINAL owner.
In my experience, you will still be looked after if it's a second hand unit, but you should never take the pith.......
Old 19-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Puss2
Formerly know as Puss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What did i start
I got a sealey roll cab in the end will be saving for a new top box but cant afford it at the mo cause the bloody turbo on my s2 has decided its had enough