Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

ABS sensors

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 01:17 PM
cossiedad
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS sensors

Hi all. I am refitting my ABS sensors and am wondering if I should be 'greasing' them before putting them in or should they be dry fit? If greased, anything special to use? And should it just be round the outside of them or over the metal sensor strip itself?
cheeRS
Old 03-02-2011, 01:21 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

I'd grease them with multi purpose stuff, just a very light film on the edge of the sensor, a good bit on the mounting face, and none on the end where it reads the teeth, royal pain in the ass to get out if you put it in dry....Oh!
Old 03-02-2011, 01:40 PM
cossiedad
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol Just realised how I worded the thread. Cue the std PF comments! Thanks for the reply tho.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:08 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would be using a small diameter flap wheel to really clean out the bore hole that the sensor goes in, even making bit a slightly larger hole in the process, then put the sensor in with a soft setting mastic, enough around the sensor so it fills the gap between the sensor body and hole, any excess that may get on the end can simply be trimmed off, doing it this way ensures there is no air space, and so corrosion can't form, if needing removal simply push out from driveshaft side.
tabetha