Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Weber Cosworth FPR

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 12:53 PM
laine_16v
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weber Cosworth FPR

Hi There,

Im new here and unfotunately not the owner of a cosworth (would be nice one day). I aquired a throttle body kit for my clio many moons ago now, and its only just dawned on me the fuel pressure regulator looks like a cosworth item.

Could someone confirm if it is, and what pressure it runs at? The vacuum take off has always been left open to atmosphere in my setup.

Thanks

Old 02-01-2011, 01:19 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 101 Posts

Hi yes thats the one, the fuel pressure is 3.5 BAR, there is an allen screw on the top which is used to adjust the pressure, however yours still has the anti tamper seal which is good and rare and so is a good indication the pressure should be 3.5 BAR as std.

The reg is 1:1 meaning that the fuel pressure is raised with boost, this is why the vac pipe is connected to the plenum, however in your case as yours is N/A thats probably why it's not connected to anything.

Martin
Old 02-01-2011, 03:55 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As above is indeed same as fitted to a cossie 2wd, you would be much better off getting a different one for N/A, as the vacuum that exists on cruise conditions would act on the FPR to lean the mix out and save fuel, whereas one not connected won't.
tabetha
Old 02-01-2011, 03:57 PM
laine_16v
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI thanks for confirming my thoughts, ill go around bragging my clio has cosworth parts on it now

As for leaning off when cruising, its no bother, ill let the wideband take care of that
Old 03-01-2011, 03:18 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't bother with that closed loop bullshit, but then I don't have a cat, and don't use he o2sensor fitted either, runs better off mapped position on mine.
Bragging about cossie bits, some of the cossie parts are total shit, frankly an embarrassment like the dodgy exploding oil pumps, cossie quality has nosedived over the years.
tabetha
Old 03-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by tabetha
As above is indeed same as fitted to a cossie 2wd, you would be much better off getting a different one for N/A, as the vacuum that exists on cruise conditions would act on the FPR to lean the mix out and save fuel, whereas one not connected won't.
tabetha
Erm, the standard one does that too mate. The YB is normally aspirated until the turbocharger overcomes the atmospheric pressure.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by tabetha
I don't bother with that closed loop bullshit
LOL. What idiots all these manufacturers are that run it, every one in teh world in fact. As if an engine is really an ever changing, dynamic being that wears as it runs and has changing needs depending on weather, altitude and even oil viscosity and temperature, what rubbish... really. Idiots.. He He.