Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

massitaliy vt5r's

Search this Thread

Old 17-03-2004, 05:25 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default massitaliy vt5r's

iam after some 355mm brakes,but i dont no if they will go behind the rims iam runing? which are vt5r's! (2wd sapphire) was wondering if any one might b able to help me out? cheers!
Old 19-03-2004, 12:47 AM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

thats a big no-no dude. I had some of the exact same wheel and couldn't even fit 330mm AP's behind them

any big brakes really require some motorsport wheels because of how the calipers thickness sticks out from the disc so much........ so something like racelines/compomotive will be up to the job

I ended up buying some Compomotive MO's for mine and there still no much room to spare........

they will fit 355mm 6 pots if u get the right offset.

heres my 330mm 4 pots behind my new front wheel

Old 19-03-2004, 06:13 PM
Anonymous
Banned

now mate,cheers 4 the reply, how much did they catch? was it a lot??
Old 19-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Anonymous
Banned

A rwd is totally differant to a 4x4. The problem with the 4x4 is the tie rod end is really close to the brake disc so the bells have to be really shallow bringing the calipers real close to the wheels, hence the problem with smits car (also mine as its 4x4 aswell )

The rwd has quite a large gap between the disc and the tie rod end so deep bells can be used physically moving the caliper away from the wheel. In my old sierra, a 2.0 GLSi, identical to cossie RWD regarding offsets etc. i had a set of 325mm with 4-pots sitting behind a set of BK299's (spokes curve back quite a bit). The calipers were close to the spokes but cleared. The same wheels won't fit on my cossie as they contact the calipers (and their only 308mm discs )

I'm not sure of the design of your alloy but you should be able to fit a set of 325mm discs on there, 335mm discs may be pushing it a bit, you may require spacers. The mo's will definitly allow the fitment of 335mm discs.

I definitly know the above is true, as i've fitted brakes on a rwd and 4x4.

Big brakes rock, planning to get a set of mo's myself to fit a set of 335's.
Old 20-03-2004, 06:41 PM
Anonymous
Banned

ok mate cheers 4 that,was in a bit of a head f**k over it???