Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Centre Console and Wiper help

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 03:21 PM
AndyCanning
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Centre Console and Wiper help

Basically my dads had a saph cosworth from about 6 months old --- Its in very good condition and im gonna be takin it to shows this year but i thought id make sure i cant find any rust etc. Its not really got any other than the drivers side hole for the seat.

Im taking out the inside of the car, all the seats carpet etc to see how bad it is and to sort it but i cant take the centre console out. I just cant manoever it without taking the dash out ... all the screws are out etc and its free but i cant seem to rotate it and slide it out ... any ideas

also what size are the wipers .. may sound daft but on my st170 i got different sizes so it got the full windscreen ... again any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by AndyCanning; 05-02-2010 at 06:42 PM. Reason: solved a part
Old 05-02-2010, 07:46 PM
tabetha
BANNED
BANNED

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On the wipers just have a look in the application list in halfrauds etc.
As regards the centre bit, there is not that much to undo, then just lift at rear after putting car in forward gear, then wrestle gently.
The screws you need to remove are two in the bottom of the armresty bit, two underneath the armresty bit accessible one the inner cassette tray bit inside armresty is removed, then two at front of the black bit that houses the cassettety tray thing, unplug wires for rear windows, then lift gear lever gaitor there are a coulkpe more there at the front of the grey bit.
tabetha
Old 05-02-2010, 07:56 PM
AndyCanning
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by tabetha
On the wipers just have a look in the application list in halfrauds etc.
As regards the centre bit, there is not that much to undo, then just lift at rear after putting car in forward gear, then wrestle gently.
The screws you need to remove are two in the bottom of the armresty bit, two underneath the armresty bit accessible one the inner cassette tray bit inside armresty is removed, then two at front of the black bit that houses the cassettety tray thing, unplug wires for rear windows, then lift gear lever gaitor there are a coulkpe more there at the front of the grey bit.
tabetha
yeah tried that ... i phoned a friend .. he popped round and it was sorted in a matter of seconds ... handbrake was nearly vertical and it was sorted ... Cheers Anyway and yeah never thought of halfords!
Old 05-02-2010, 10:33 PM
davy 6457
Part of the Furniture

ford focus wipers like the ones on your st170 will fit.if you get a sef from ford the drivers side comes with a spoiler
Old 06-02-2010, 10:07 AM
nicksaph
PassionFord Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wiper blades on all sierras are 20" or 50cm