Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Saph headlight dimensions and more

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Slumlord
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saph headlight dimensions and more

Does anyone have the dimensional specs on the Saph headlights? I am looking for height, width and depth.

They are technically two piece lights right? The inner marker and headlight are in one unit and the corner marker is seperate? I was looking at the Morette units and could not help but wonder what they did with the inner marker light when they added the second lamp.

I would love to throw these lamps in my car but I am not sure they would fit.
Old 13-12-2009, 06:33 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes the headlight is seperate from the turn signals.
On sapphies the headlight has a inner main/full beam light and the outer larger main part is the low/high beam, and also contains the parking lights.
My mate has Morretes and his keep the original turn signals, on the corner of the car.
Sapphies don't have "marker" lights, by that I assume you mean DRL's ?, where the main beam inners come on at 1/2 brightness.
The morettes have a outer with dip/main(low/high) and the inners are main(high) only, though they can be made to work as per with marker lights, by using a dim dip relay, which has a chopper circuit to cut down to 50% brightness if needed with a bit of wiring.
tabetha