Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Sierra RS Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 14-10-2009, 05:46 PM
dandannydandan
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sierra RS Turbo?

Hi.
My RS turbo van is rotten, and after much thought I've decided to put my engine in a Sapphire. Has anybody ever heard of this being done before. After speaking to a friend who builds rally cars and has a lot of experience with old fords, it sounds really quite simple with a few changes here and there such as gearbox and plumbing etc. As said, has anybody seen of this before. I wan't to make a nice mental track car on the cheap and I refuse to stick with front wheel drive with all this power. Any help guys is gratefully recieved.
Cheers
Old 14-10-2009, 06:09 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 101 Posts

It would think it woulden't be that hard, as engine will easily fit into the bay, not sure if a type 9 box will fit the ERST CVH but it fitted the 1800 CVH as well as other Ford engines, although the latter is different not sure if ERST could mount to this box.

Martin
Old 15-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Rollin Rides
Anyting forsale let me no

just sell the van and buy a cossy the 1.6 will blow with all that ragging in such a heavy motor!
cheap cossy and spank the nuts off it, you can pick them up for 2.5grand
Old 15-10-2009, 12:30 PM
crumpet
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by Rollin Rides
just sell the van and buy a cossy the 1.6 will blow with all that ragging in such a heavy motor!
cheap cossy and spank the nuts off it, you can pick them up for 2.5grand
1. find one for 2500
2. itll be rotten
3. will last a week or two
4. have nothing but problems
5.30 owners
6.no service history
7. insurance

maybe he doesnt want any of those? lol.

i imagine a 200bhp cvh wouldnt be bad in a base model sierra, if you have faith in your cvh id say go for it, can get solid 1.8's for under £500
Old 15-10-2009, 05:32 PM
dandannydandan
Part of the Furniture

My motor is actualy very strong. It's running just over 10psi of boost on a JDM T4 (strange I know, but it works) and makes no knocks or rattles. It's looked after very well using only shell v power and mobil 1 fully synthetic oil and definately has over 200 brake. I've nothing but faith in the motor. A 2500 pound cossie isn't worth buying and if it is then the owner doesn't know what they've got. The sierra I'm going to build will definately not be heavy either. I intend to build fibre glass bonnet and boot lid, completley strip the interior, replace all the glass (apart from the windscreen) with perspex and cut the non structoral parts of the floor pan and boot out and replace it with carbon fibre sheets. It should go like like a rocket. I've put a fair bit of thought into it to be honest. Just got to find a concours ish standard sapphire to do it to. Look out for the WIP thread some time after christmas.
Old 15-10-2009, 11:27 PM
crumpet

exactlly! should be mint thenssss...

Whats this jdm t4 malarky though?
Old 16-10-2009, 03:50 PM
dandannydandan
Part of the Furniture

Well it's a big ass turbo and thats is the stamp on the name plate. She's a little laggy but it's like having a giant kick up the arse when it comes on boost. I love it to bits. If you type in JDM T4 on google images it looks very much the same as the one in the first picture in the top left hand corner of the screen. They're usualy on Jap motors (hence being called JDM) but I see no reason why it shouldn't be on the cvh. She seems to handle it. The only problem I seem to have now and again is a burst oil rturn pipe. Need to put some braided hose on I think.
Old 16-10-2009, 04:03 PM
crumpet

yea ive been into my jap turbos for ages, dont know what car a t4 comes off though thats jdm. t4 is similar size to a td06 20g or a like a inivf22.

You mean like a te04 that civic boys run with?