Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Ap/Helix/Alcon

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 06:43 PM
cpur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ap/Helix/Alcon

I need to fit a better clutch to my cortina, its around 450bhp now, and the clutch/plate was still std untill 5psi ago. Now it started to slip like hell.

I was told by some here locally(Malta) that they have encountered problems with the AP/Alcon/Helix p/plates. I am talking about the pedal clutch setup. They said that the problem was always that the pressure plate when the clutch pedal is pressed down and the engine reved up to above 7k they would have problems with the p/plate not letting go. They said that with centrifugal forces prevent the diaphram spring from grabbing the clutch, then they let down the accelarator to around 6 and off it goes. I answered that they should have had something wrong in the clutch/p/plate distance, or else the flimsy rachet pedal bugger. I also said , that i never saw any comments about these clutch makers on forums and believe that these are 3 great manufactures of clutch kits and wouldn't sell sh!t.

What do you guys think have you ever had any problems like this????
Warren
Mk1 Cortina