Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

HID Kits on a saff.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 05:54 PM
SelbyRST
4x4 SAFF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Kits on a saff.

I want a hid kit on my saff, but just wondering if anyones done it before and it worked ok? Cus im assuming it will be strain on the wiring?

Are the ones off ebay ok or is there a better place i should get them from, also which colour eg 5000k 6000k etc. Thanks
Old 02-04-2009, 06:20 PM
WongRS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

www.xenonsonline.com, try them, they are quite good, there was a thread a while back, and a few people have done it, i think they looks great.
I plan on getting some when i get some free cash!
Old 02-04-2009, 06:45 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have them, on a astra, but now putting them on the cossie too.
If you want a blue tinge, then the best light output one is 6000K, K being the colour of the light(in Kelvin), nothing to do with the brightness.
4300K is the closest to daylight, but can strain the eyes, 5000K is a good compromise and what I went for.
There will be no strain on the wiring as they consume roughly 1/2 the std bulb current, though they do spike a bit on startup this would be no problem.
The only thing I found was the need to clean the inside of the glass as it seems to massively dazzle otherwise by chucking light everywhere in a big spot.
I did only one light on the astra, as some bulbs had exploded in there to get glass out and cleaned glass/reflector, and the one I cleaned is ace, the other one dazzling.
Mine take out 20 seconds to reach full brightness, going from green to pure white.
I have found that the H4-4 kits to be better than the H4-3 kits, the 4 has a shiled that move to produce dip main as opposed to two different arcs, but main beam seems really really narrow, but dip is so good not really needed.
Previously I had philips extreme with permanent dip,(even on main beam), which were better than the HID for pattern, and massively better for main beam than the hid.
tabetha
Old 02-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Kverna
Virgin-popper

Not an saph, but I have 4300k from www.vvme.com on my sierra

Last edited by Kverna; 02-04-2009 at 07:04 PM.