Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Cossie abs

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts
Default Cossie abs

I have always had a fault on my abs since i changed my osf hub and hub carrier about 2 years ago.The abs sensor was a bit tight coming out so i had to gently tap the sensor out with a small punch.Anyway yesterday i thought i would have a look at the fault and since i had a second hand sensor.I checked to make sure the sensor had risistance,ok I first plugged into the wiring to make sure the light went off which it did.So i swapped the sensors over and roadtested my car.I can safely say that im so happy that ive fixed it and it cost me fook all to fix it too.Just thought i should let you all know.All i can think of iswhen i have tapped the old sensor out it must of just bent it up a bit.The light used to go out and when slowing down using the brakes the pedal used to pump back on my foot.I thought it might of been th pick up ring that was nackered but it turned out to be the sensor.