Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Tabetha - you rock.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

no worries tabetha feel free to let any of the webteam know if this keeps on happening

carry on bud here your input is welcome
Old 02-06-2007, 09:50 PM
eliters1
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^couldnt agree more^^^
have only heard from him a few times,but he was the only person who replied to one of my questions,and never *guaranteed* to be right but said he was pretty sure,now that to me is advise,as i took it i have decided to let a pro check out my box as dont feel up to it myself,anyway,keep up the good stuff mate
Old 02-06-2007, 10:14 PM
mechanic28
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

have to agree top bloke tabetha helped me out over on the rsoc
Old 02-06-2007, 11:25 PM
boosthappy1
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Only 2 weeks ago at my local rsoc meet ( black country) we were
talking about passionford and one of the lads down there mentioned how knowledgable Tabetha is.
His advice has been very beneficial to a lot of people on this site
and the information he passes on to members of PF is very much appreciated.
Good work Tabetha.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:15 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks lads/ladies pitty I have to deal with answering other things that take so much time, always happy to help where I can, as we all have one goal cars, no matter what sort, I helped a local lass out who had a puncture yesterday, and she(knows who I am on here) said I didn't think you would do things like this, bit confused, still am but too much of a coward to ask!!
tabetha
Old 03-06-2007, 11:49 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Received 415 Likes on 308 Posts
Default tabetha top bloke

hes a top bloke helped me out a time or two as he has many others, keep up the good work mate.
there probably jealous cause you know more than them !

Old 03-06-2007, 03:17 PM
MarkN
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by iansoutham
I'm sorry, but the bloke is a prick (excuse my language)..
I think that's totally uncalled for in a thread where people were taking the trouble to thank Tabetha for his help . You may not appreciate it but plenty of other people do.

He has been banned from forums because of his attitude and bad advice.
Perhaps he has given out suspect advice, although what I have read of his advice always seems perfectly reasonable to me. I've lost count of the number of technical queries that only Tabetha has replied to. He has helped me on a number of occasions

BTW - I don't know what forum you banned him from - but it doesn't sound like a very good one if you think its acceptable to start persecuting him like this. Some saddo has even taken the trouble to register a piss taking name!!! What a bunch of twats you must be
Old 03-06-2007, 04:30 PM
iansoutham
OCD Victim

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkN
...if you think its acceptable to start persecuting him like this.
Not persecuting him, just voicing my opinion. Opinions do not always have to be good ones.

I'm sorry, but the bloke is a prick (excuse my language)..
I think that's totally uncalled for in a thread where people were taking the trouble to thank Tabetha for his help . You may not appreciate it but plenty of other people do.
Hindsight, maybe. But I did say to excuse the language.

Some saddo has even taken the trouble to register a piss taking name!!! What a bunch of twats you must be
I would like to point out once again that the other person was nothing to do with either myself or this "certain forum".

I believe that was someone trying to add fuel to the fire. JayCos should be able to agree to that as I have pm'd him about it.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

I would like to point out once again that the other person was nothing to do with either myself or this "certain forum".

I believe that was someone trying to add fuel to the fire. JayCos should be able to agree to that as I have pm'd him about it.
yes you did and asked for the user's I.P so you could sort him out on your site as you thoght it was out of order . but unfortunatly i cant give out any details
Old 03-06-2007, 08:12 PM
garyrs
PassionFord Regular

elo i just seen this post , and was just thinking to my self a lil harsh is an understatement , tabetha has spent a lot if time helping peeps on this forum .in this day an age its not offen that you meet anny one that is willing to help ,never mind, help time after time after time like tabetha will

im not gonna get involved with the spring cutting and brake disk issue, if and if ( i havent seen the posts) he has given bad advice its 2 out off all his posts, as said its advice take it or leave it,
you have helped me tabetha and thank you for you time keep it up

( yes i do no i cant spell)

gary
Old 04-06-2007, 06:56 PM
crash_ash
Part of the Furniture

iansoutham

maybe your opinions have been voiced a little too loudly?

If i can give you a bit of friendly advice mate, you are making a fool of yourself.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:04 PM
iansoutham
OCD Victim

Originally Posted by crash_ash
iansoutham

maybe your opinions have been voiced a little too loudly?

If i can give you a bit of friendly advice mate, you are making a fool of yourself.
TBH, I'm quite prepared to let it drop. Everyone has their own opinions, c'est la vie......
Old 04-06-2007, 09:50 PM
callumw

Hi
As the admin of a site that's banned Tabetha I apologise for this being brought up here.

We understand that everybody has different experiences with different people and I'm glad that Tabetha has overcome his previously poor opinion of PassionFord and has since been accepted here and the forum users feel that he's been a real benefit

I can understand why some people are giving Ian and Co. a hard time, but unfortunately our experience with Tabetha wasn't as rosy.

We (moderators and users alike) were rubbed the wrong way and so as maintainers of a public forum we were unfortunately forced to act as it was bringing out the worst in those caught in the middle (moderators no exception).
Anyone that knows us will know we're an easygoing site, but sometimes you're given little choice and you have to act appropriately. Treat the cause and not the symptom

It's a shame that we weren't privy to information such as Tabetha being a war vet. We were only hit with posts/pm's along the lines of
GOSH I am so impressed by your job [moderator], keep up the good work as it is your taxes that are paying for me to run a cossie, thanks have a nice christmas
As you can imagine, it's hard to have to keep trying to ignore them. Eventually the users kicked up so much of a fuss that we had to act

Again, I'm glad Tabetha has been able to make the PF users feel that they've been helped.
It's a real shame we didn't have the same harmony

If anyone wishes to criticise Ian and co. further, then here's one example of our tainted past so you can understand the disruption we faced
Old 04-06-2007, 10:59 PM
garyrs
PassionFord Regular

after reading that ,, its seems that your mod dojj has a problem with tabetha, it would seem that an apoligee to stu is in order thou !!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 11:10 PM
callumw

Hi
This was getting towards the end and unfortunately the mod had had enough and was getting frustrated. We're only human too y'know and there's only so much some people can take.
Esp on the second page

However, as you can see, it wasn't as black and white as may have been previously construed. We didn't do it for the fun of it. No forum Admin/Moderator would.
Our users made their voices heard and so we had to act.

Still, everyone's happier now so no reason why it shouldn't continue that way
Old 05-06-2007, 06:53 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why did I get an invite to rejoin the fsoc ?
Karen knows about this as she was sent a letter by myself pointing out my reason for not doing so, as she has mentioned it to CLARE and PAUL who were previously on FSOC, clare being an initial contact point for people as used to work for the club FSOC but she left owing to the biased treatment by the team there against her other half Paul, who merely pointed out that the mods on there were breaking their own rules.
I then went on a spree of winding them up, there are a lot of very nice and decent people on there but unfortunately some that are not.
I have apologised to persons in the past publicly if I thought that it was due, but I do stand by MY opinions, FSOC have been well aware of the actions of some of it's members on here since they acted.
I had people on there telling myself, "you must be a twat if you think that you can run a cossie on Ł52 JSA a week", I never once said I was on JSA, the reason I would not have said this is because I am not!!
I had insurance which paid out for a car crash which purchased my cossie and get a lot more than Ł52 a week.
I did go on a mission of misinformation with FSOC for which I do NOT apologise, they make it up as they go along so thought I would join, them.
I still am a member of FSOC but under a different name, but they are too slow to realise this.
They then proceeded to tell me how I must be working on the side, and they have no respect for "people like this", I don't either I don't work on the side either, I get money for disabilities that I have as well as other things, and do not apologise for this.
I treat people how they treat me, if a site is crap to me I will be crap back and do not appologise for it, I say what I mean and mean what I say.
I will not just agree with someone because of who they are or what they are , that is not what opinions are about.
It is not myself who is following people from site to site stirring is it ?
The FSOC could be so much more, they have some very decent people but also some people that follow others from site to site even their posts, frankly they don't have the intelligence to bother me if this is all they can do, but you be the judge of people that do this.
If you want think for yourself, it is a bit playground like saying I am not going to like so an so because they said such and such to him /her.
I don't give a toss whether people like me or not, that is not what I am about, but then I don't do VINDICTIVE CAMPAIGNS EITHER against others.
I will still sleep ok at night though.
The whole point In was making(very well) with FSOC was that they were telling me things about myself(insults etc etc etc etc etc) and they did not even know me!!, as anyone that does would know this is not true about my past as told to them, if I get treated like dirt I will defend myself as anyone would but not start campaigns and not resort to name such as those used on here by some FSOC members, unless you can find some on here where I have used them, I even refer tot his man who is doing this as a gentleman, which I believe to be the correct way, it does not have to be my true thoughts but I RESPECT his right to disagree even though he may not do it in the same way as myself.
I am not going to keep defending myself, as it is getting a bit boring, if you lot don't wanyt me on here just say so no offence will be taken, as I have plenty of other things to do with my time, I think it is a bit sad of a certain club to say you have to prove you have the car(cossie), I don't give a shit whether they believe it or not.
I think the mods should have done something about this post and some of it's content long ago but if this is how the mods act it is not the club for me so will be off anyway, I think the mods need a kick up the rear, if they ban me for this comment hat is up to them but it is MY opinion and one for which I will not appologise, it's called democaracy.
tabetha
Remember there are TWO sides to every story, but certain people like the latest from FSOC on here will only tell you what they want to, the language threats of death and such like are/were not called for which is why I left, oh sorry they forgot to mention that bit, I DID NOT LEAVE BECAUSE IT BOTHERED MYSELF AT ALL, I LEFT BECAUSE IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO, despite 6 people on there asking myself to stay, after I EARLIER SAID I WAS LEAVING THE fsoc, IF YOU BELEIVE THEY ,THE fsoc ARE GIVING YOU THE WHOLE STORY YOU ARE BLATANTLY NAIVE, in which case I will be off, as not my sort of site.
ps nor will I comment on this futher, it just seeks to push myself further away from this site
Any thoughts I had about others on here were my thoughts at the time and if I was sunsequently proved wrong I would have apologised for.
As you can see from prior posts I respect STU for knowing his stuff but do not agree with all his comments as he( I'm sure) does not with mine, this is what opinions are about STU is too professional in his attitude and approach to bother with insignificant things like this, the same AS I CAN'T BE BOTHERED ANYMORE.
tabetha
ps last post
look at the amount of members to see how popular the FSOC is, it is actually a good club but the admin sucks, as do certain mods on there as they are 100% biased towards a few.
I did actually suggest some ladies should be on the commitee as I think they would bring a new direction to the club which I beleive it needs, so was being constructive even then.
ACCORDINGLY I HAVE ENQUIRED AS TO WHETHER MY DETAILS CAN BE DELETED FORTHWITH
Old 05-06-2007, 07:56 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

i think some people might be taking things a bit far.

just because someone posts something that they believe to be correct, doesn't mean it is correct. that's the same with tabetha as it is with any other user on here, other forum or anywhere else that advice is given.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it's worth.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:04 AM
iansoutham
OCD Victim

I think everyone needs to stop, take a step back and look what is happening.

This is now a slanging war, which is not what I think should be happening.

Myself and Tabetha disagree with each other with relation to certain things. Lets leave it @ that.

Personally, I think this thread should now possibly be locked to stop it getting more out of hand @ mods discretion.