Ford Sierra/Sapphire/RS500 Cosworth This forum is for discussion of all things pertaining to the Ford Sierra Cosworth.

suitable stg3 clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 02:00 AM
dox
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suitable stg3 clutch?

ok what clutch setup is everyone running for stage3? looked at various clutches on some uk sites (AP,Alcon,etc,etc), as i live in new zealand the avalibility of parts for the cossies is VERY limited
so im trying to get a clutch built by a manufacturer over here insted of importing out of the uk as the freight weight an dutys are over the top.
they suggested to me that they are able to fab up a PUK friction plate an use the std motorcraft pressure plate/cover, but the driveabilty around townwill some what suffer , they also said (lol) they could make thePUK
with ceramic friction pads on the fly wheel side an organic friction pads on the pressure plate side to try an improve the round town driving. lol what do you guys think?????? can the std cover handle stg3 HP an tourqe?

any help most appreciated..............aaron
Old 08-11-2006, 07:59 AM
stonehavencossie
Advanced PassionFord User

As far as i know a lot of people use the motorcraft cover with the big AP, Alcon clutches to improve driveability so i dont see a problem
Old 08-11-2006, 09:55 AM
TurboShed
Cossiemodo

Well I'm just having another standard clutch put on my T34 Stage 3, it's just had an engine rebuild and I just couldn't face pissing another couple of hundred for an AP/Alcon. I'll let you guys know how long it lasts...
Old 08-11-2006, 10:33 AM
stonehavencossie
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by TurboShed
Well I'm just having another standard clutch put on my T34 Stage 3, it's just had an engine rebuild and I just couldn't face pissing another couple of hundred for an AP/Alcon. I'll let you guys know how long it lasts...
not very long unless your a timid driver