Ecu muff replaced for dive

Search this Thread

Old 19-04-2019, 08:46 PM
Ka-puma
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecu muff replaced for dive

Hello all,

I’ve build a Puma engine in a Ka. The engine came with a Muff ecu. Now i’ve bought na Dive ecu Which is remaped with the FRP software. I’ve changed the exhaust as well with a Milltek 4-2-1, only the camshafts are original. Engine runs perfect in idle, only when i give full throttle it won’t rev up directly. We’ve checked everything on the computer and all was functioning perfectly. The only thing we’ve seen was that the amount of fuel is to much. Does anywone now if that’s because of the original camshafts or if i’m missing something else.

With kind regards,

Jeffrey
Old 20-04-2019, 07:30 AM
st220kyle
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Ka-puma
Hello all,

I’ve build a Puma engine in a Ka. The engine came with a Muff ecu. Now i’ve bought na Dive ecu Which is remaped with the FRP software. I’ve changed the exhaust as well with a Milltek 4-2-1, only the camshafts are original. Engine runs perfect in idle, only when i give full throttle it won’t rev up directly. We’ve checked everything on the computer and all was functioning perfectly. The only thing we’ve seen was that the amount of fuel is to much. Does anywone now if that’s because of the original camshafts or if i’m missing something else.

With kind regards,

Jeffrey
I know that the dive ECU will not accept the frp puma map, only the tape ECU will accept that. Also the dive ECU runs 2 lambda sensors, pre cat and after cat. Which I'm assuming you don't have if your running a 4_2_1? Are you sure you have a dive ECU and not a tape?
Old 20-04-2019, 10:32 AM
Ka-puma
Virgin

Well that’s the funny part. The original sticker on the ecu says Dive, but there was a sticker taped over, that said Tape and another sticker with remap FRP ritten on it.
I’m running on 1 lambda sensor.
Old 20-04-2019, 12:02 PM
Ka-puma
Virgin

Originally Posted by st220kyle
I know that the dive ECU will not accept the frp puma map, only the tape ECU will accept that. Also the dive ECU runs 2 lambda sensors, pre cat and after cat. Which I'm assuming you don't have if your running a 4_2_1? Are you sure you have a dive ECU and not a tape?
Well that’s the funny part. The original sticker on the ecu says Dive, but there was a sticker taped over, that said Tape and another sticker with remap FRP written on it.
I’m running on 1 lambda sensor.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:36 PM
Ka-puma
Virgin

We’ve found the problem. The vct camshaft didn’t funtion correctly. The inlet valves opened to early. Changed it and now it’s running perfectly.