Ford Mondeo Including ST Discuss all things about the Ford Mondeo from all models inc the ST220/200 etc in here!

remote locking mk3

Search this Thread

Old 29-06-2014, 08:57 AM
izzo1
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote locking mk3

hi guys i ve got just simple question about central locking or remote locking on my mondeo mk3 .
its just happened like i was about to lock my car as usually by remote control and it does lock and after unlock and opened the boot...
so i ve tried again and than it was just hazards flashing and after ( i gave it time) probably 2 minutes it did it again so again i was waiting and probably after 10 minutes i ve managed to lock it but still it is opening my boot..
so at the moment im using old fashioned way( key )..
i ve tried as well to disconnect the battery ( left it off for 3 odd hrs) but no joy after.. any advice welcome. many thanks
Old 11-07-2014, 11:23 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

It's likely that one of the door locks is faulty (the actual actuator that locks the doors) If the car senses a fault the default position is 'unlocked' - presumably so you're not locked out if it fails completely.

I don't think there's any way to diagnose which one it is - but it's most commonly the driver's door, but it could be any of them, including the boot lock. The boot's the easiest one to get to, so I'd consider swapping that one with one from a breakers, and see if it makes a difference.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:07 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Go around the car opening and closing each for in turn
Don't forget the boot lid as well as the bonnet

As fan days, the not switch is the easyest to get to buy they are all fiddly to change

Of course there is always the possibility is a broken write in the boot hinge as well as the master control in the drivers door, just because a replacement comes from a "working" car doesn't mean it will work

You may also need to reset the gem unit as sometimes these play up setting as they also control the central locking Gubbins remotely