Ford Mondeo Including ST Discuss all things about the Ford Mondeo from all models inc the ST220/200 etc in here!

Titanium X immobiliser issue?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Christobella
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Titanium X immobiliser issue?

Hello all.

I was recently lucky enough to acquire a MkIV Titanium X 2.5T - now remapped and flying.

The car has a keyless system, where it senses the fob in my pocket when I get to within 2 yards, and I just open the door and hit the 'Power' button. Tidy. My issue, which has happened twice now in 2 weeks, goes like this:

I stop at local traffic lights which I know take a while, so I turn off the engine.
During the lengthy wait, I hear the doors lock.
Lights go green, 'Power' start button does nothing, irate rush-hour drivers behind shout and make obscene gestures. I hit my 'unlock doors' button, but still nothing. After 30 seconds or so of furious 'Power' button pressing, the car starts.

I'm guessing it's something to do with the immobiliser. Any ideas on how to stop this happening? (Apart from the obvious 'don't stop the engine at lights'!)

Ta.
Old 17-11-2013, 11:28 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I think you've answered the question yourself!

I've got the same set-up, but never had this issue - But I'd lock, then unlock the doors and try again. You are pressing the clutch yes?

You can get the 'anti-hijack' function activated/deactivated but only at a main dealer.

Last edited by DanW@FastFord; 17-11-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 17-11-2013, 06:43 PM
Christobella
Virgin

Hi Dan, thanks for replying.

Yes, I was pressing the clutch - to the floor!

I haven't yet been able to try locking/unlocking via the fob. I don't take it out of my jeans pocket until I lock the car when I leave it, and getting it out of said pocket whilst furiously pressing buttons and waving the people behind to go by has proved too difficult! I'll take the key out and try it next time (though I won't be testing your theory at the traffic lights, I think the driveway sounds like a better option!).

I'll let you know if it works.
Old 17-11-2013, 06:53 PM
GVK.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 116 Likes on 109 Posts

It's because you've switched it off, after a while the car has 'shut down' thinking you've parked/left it.

I'd put the ignition back on (power button,no clutch) ready to re-start while you're waiting.

Or just leave it running.
Old 18-11-2013, 08:17 AM
Christobella
Virgin

Thanks GVK, didn't know you could do that, will give it a go. Or just leave it running...