Ford Mondeo Including ST Discuss all things about the Ford Mondeo from all models inc the ST220/200 etc in here!

Ford Mondeo Titainium X Sport 2008 (PROBLEM) please help

Search this Thread

Old 23-09-2013, 08:36 AM
blackbird1386
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Ford Mondeo Titainium X Sport 2008 (PROBLEM) please help

Hi everyone i am a new member to the fourm, i recently brought a Ford Mondeo Titainium X Sport 2008 it has 80.000 on the clock after owning the car a week i went up to see my family in scotland and this is a 600 mile trip from where i live. The car proformed prerfect there and back and then a week later the POWER STEERING RACK went on the car so i took it into FORD and they replaced it at a cost of £540, about 2 days later my car started smoking from the engine and had a smell of burning oil aswel so i took it back to ford and they said INJECTOR 4 seal had came away so need replacing so i left it with them and the called me the next day and told me the injector was fine and that it was a PIPE that need replacing and also they tightened the turbo pipe, after having my car back a day it was doing it again so i took it back to them.
This time they said it was a bit of Diesel on the engine making it smoke so the steamed cleaned the engine and said it was fixed. A day later i had the same problem and it is the same still now i have phoned them but the are saying that all they can do is the same as before and just look They are now saying there was a previous leak in the car and that there is a block of oil on the CAT and that's the reason its smoking.
Im hoping someone know what the problem is and or are having the same problem, and today my service oil message has come on.
Thanks for taking your time at reading this.
Old 23-09-2013, 06:02 PM
GVK.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 118 Likes on 111 Posts

There is a recall/field service action on some diesel Mondeos for diesel leak off pipe/seals.

If you private message me your reg or VIN number I can check if it applies to your car.

Service oil message means it needs a service/oil change, if it's had one recently the message may have not been reset correctly.
Old 29-09-2013, 07:39 AM
ArthurDaley
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can delete the Oil Service message by turning the ignition on and then push break and acc pedal about 20 secs, IIRC....
Old 29-09-2013, 11:39 AM
GVK.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 118 Likes on 111 Posts

Correct.