Ford Mondeo Including ST Discuss all things about the Ford Mondeo from all models inc the ST220/200 etc in here!

2007 tdci problem......

Search this Thread

Old 22-04-2013, 04:32 AM
mercgrey
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 tdci problem......

Hi guys ive recenly bought a 2007 mk3 tdci cheap as needing a new engine.. im just wondering if it could be a simple fix now after reading mixed storys?

Basically it starts but sound like it firing on 3 and is really noisy at low revs and chucks out some white smoke. Theres no fault codes or any old ones stored no fpashing glowplug lght and Apparently it had pump injectors and turbo checked and all fine.

So my question is has anyone else had this kind of problem before I rip the engine to bits? If its engine damage Could it be a broken rocker assembly? Or more likly pistons or rods?

Thanks for reading guys look forward to you theory's

Dave
Old 22-04-2013, 01:39 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mercgrey
Hi guys ive recenly bought a 2007 mk3 tdci cheap as needing a new engine.. im just wondering if it could be a simple fix now after reading mixed storys?

Basically it starts but sound like it firing on 3 and is really noisy at low revs and chucks out some white smoke. Theres no fault codes or any old ones stored no fpashing glowplug lght and Apparently it had pump injectors and turbo checked and all fine.

So my question is has anyone else had this kind of problem before I rip the engine to bits? If its engine damage Could it be a broken rocker assembly? Or more likly pistons or rods?

Thanks for reading guys look forward to you theory's

Dave
Could be one of a hundred things! How were the pump and injectors tested? As white smoke implies it's fuelling related.
Old 23-04-2013, 06:05 AM
mercgrey
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats what im thinking now but it is noisy and runs on 3. The lad I brought it off says he has it tested in a garage for injectors pump and turbo but they told him it had a sticky valve and dodgy piston.......for the price I payed I dont mind changing engines but if its a simpler fix im happyer. Guess I need to buy the f super see what that tells me then prob buy a injector socket and whip the rocker cover off see hiw the carrier looks

Last edited by mercgrey; 23-04-2013 at 07:32 AM.