Ford Mondeo Including ST Discuss all things about the Ford Mondeo from all models inc the ST220/200 etc in here!

Couple of questions please

Search this Thread

Old 20-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Die_hard
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of questions please

Any help appreciated

Firstly, apologies for thread - being a member of other car forums I hate this exact thread tbh (ie what's the common problems blah blah - when they've not bothered searching at all).

Secondly, hi lol. Have come from a VXR forum (same name). I sold my (4th) VXR a few weeks ago and am driving around in a hire car burning money whilst trying to decide what to buy next lol (sold privately for a great deal so had to sell quickly before I bought another car).

Amongst millions of others I've been looking at the new Astra VXR, Mazda 6, A4, A5, 335d, but have now ended up at a Mondeo Titanium X Sport .

I've searched for hours on the forum so got most of my answers however, still got a couple more questions please

Am doing a 4 hour round trip tomorrow to look at a couple and ideally want to buy one then, all being well. Looking at 2.2tdci's (200), although I'd probably prefer the faster petrol if I could find one with all the toys on tbh (none around my area at all within a reasonable area/price)

Soooo:-

1) Has there been an actual recall for the steering issue? (I'm presuming not). Should I be worried about it on 61 / 12 plate car?

2) Most of my driving is tootling to work and back on busy roads. Will I be needing to give the car a blast on the motorway once a week or so ideally? Never had a diesel before.(cloggy sooty things spring to mind )

3) Not had time to search properly on this, but, is there much scope for (easily) remapping one of these to give more than 20 extra bhp?

4) Any common problems to look out for / ask the dealer about? ahem

Looking at these btw:-

http://www.motorscoalville.co.uk/use...11/ford-mondeo

http://www.motorscoalville.co.uk/use...51/ford-mondeo

Presuming I buy one (I'll be surprised if I don't) I'll be frequenting this place, erm frequently lol.

Cheers,

Matt

Last edited by Die_hard; 20-04-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 27-05-2013, 09:16 PM
black_jack
Black Jack

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to answer a couple - you can get a remap that will give you 220Hp, some remappers can also electronically delete the DPF (diesel particulate filter) and phisically remove it, or a complete stainless exhaust - all in one package (sometimes with a rolling road dyno before/ after)

With the DPF deleted it is one less thing to go wrong (they can give trouble/ go into regen cycles etc) it will still pass a 2013 UK MOT

They did a 170 2.2 which could be an option if you are remapping it anyway, i thonk that can be remapped to 220Hp abd may have more bottom end torque
Old 28-05-2013, 01:15 AM
Die_hard
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. thanks for the reply.

My mate did tell me not to bother as no-one would bother replying - which they didn't until now haha. Very friendly forum!!!!!!!!

I bought a GT86 anyway and was made very welcome on that forum, as everywhere else apart from here